Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Only one of those songs might be in ACV. And that's "V". The other's are remixes that probably won't be in the game.

Seriously, "Nine -novem-" is Nineball Seraph's theme from Another Century's Episode R.

...Although I do like the samples they give.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure? The last 3 could easily be used in game.

Well, considering most of the tracks before "V" are remixes. The last 3....possibly. Please forgive me for me jumping to conclusions.

Seriously though, some of these are some excellent remixes.

Wait, so there ARE laser blades!?!?!?! :( Yeah! I've always been mostly a melee type, since psx days.{Although I ocassionally like to play with mid-range and long-range weaponry for fun.}

Are there, "stabilizers" for ornamental purposes or back boosters or both like in ACFA? {The thing that made AC4 fun despite there being no back boosters was the awesome fin stabilizers that go on the back that almost seemed like pseudo wings/boosters. I like my mechs to have fin/wing/vernier thrusters coming from the back. ACFA was a miracle in that the back boosters returned as well as that core that had wing boosters which also looked awesome. Tell me, tell me theres something like that in ACV!?

Edited by Fragrant

Are there, "stabilizers" for ornamental purposes or back boosters or both like in ACFA?

God I hope stabilizers don't return. They may have been neat aesthetically but they were a terrible over-complication when it came to designing and building. If they bring them back in the form of "ornaments" and they have nothing to do with weight-distribution, then that's fine. But AC is complex enough when it comes to building, no need to tack on something extra like that.

I never got too into the older gen games without stabilizers, but I really liked the stabilizer system in AC4--like I always tuned my AC to one side just because I got into the habit of always quick turning in only one direction. I felt it was kinda dumb in FA, though, where stabilizers had absolutely no cost. Edited by NlJl

Back in my day, we didn't need to stinking stabilizers.

HELL YEAH, and when our energy gauge when out we were stuck till it slowly charged all the way to maximum.

Though to be honest I'm kinda glad that is gone; but, I would like to know if there is anyway to completely drain all power. I like the danger of a complete shutdown it keeps me on my toes about pushing my AC over the edge.

It should work fine for ACV, but imagining a complete loss of power in AC4 & FA would be frightening, imagine how many deaths would be caused by sinking in the water hahah.

HELL YEAH, and when our energy gauge when out we were stuck till it slowly charged all the way to maximum.

Though to be honest I'm kinda glad that is gone; but, I would like to know if there is anyway to completely drain all power. I like the danger of a complete shutdown it keeps me on my toes about pushing my AC over the edge.

Well ACV has something like genbusting. When your energy bottoms out it has to fill to a certain point before it can be used again. So it's not going to be as completely crippling as it was in older games but you'll certainly be in more trouble than in fA. Unless you were already aware of that and that's what you were talking about.

Well ACV has something like genbusting. When your energy bottoms out it has to fill to a certain point before it can be used again. So it's not going to be as completely crippling as it was in older games but you'll certainly be in more trouble than in fA. Unless you were already aware of that and that's what you were talking about.

That sounds good, it was rather annoying that it had to charge all the way up. From a technical aspect it makes more sense to have a sort of safety level set as a minimum power supply requirement. If there are different charge times as well that would be really cool, but if it is a universally set timer then I am happy with that.

Here is an interview from a couple weeks ago. Don't know if anyone has seen it or posted it yet.

EDIT: Also. the subtitles are in English but they speak in Japanese so there might be he option to enable Japanese when you play the US version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqLp8azfw0o...feature=related

Also this:

Edited by The Fallen Raven

Here is an interview from a couple weeks ago. Don't know if anyone has seen it or posted it yet.

EDIT: Also. the subtitles are in English but they speak in Japanese so there might be he option to enable Japanese when you play the US version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqLp8azfw0o...feature=related

Also this:

Only thing new for me is the tunnel part. I like the dialogue going on during the mission, feels nice having more than one person on your side talking up the comm.

Official site got updated again, at first I thought the Karasawa looked like a two handed weapon but glad to see it's not given one of the characters wields it along with another weapon in a particularly heavy looking RJ type AC.

With all these AI opponents I hope there is going to be an overwhelming force style mission where they just send mutliple ACs at you. The one thing that gives a pilot the god title is the badge of single handily wiping out a squad of ACs. Plus with the whole repair station feature this could be less annoying than the Occupation of Arteria Carpals mission and shouldn't force us to fallback on an overpowered weapon like the Karasawa in AC2:AA.

Actually on the note of the supply craft does anyone know if that also repairs your AC as well? I couldn't really tell with the video I saw them use it in.

ONE MORE THING!

Which console are you guys going to be using when this game launches in NA region? I want to know if there will be some veterans on PS3. There's a pretty good chance that both my brother and dad will be jumping in as well so you get a family of Ravens plus any fresh victims I can convert hahaha.

Edited by Ogawa L.A

• 2 weeks later...

PS3 as always.

Since I'll be importing as soon as possible, I intend to find a new area to specialize in AC. Blading's been fun since day one but where a Blader would fit in a territorial defense or control is still a mystery to me. Worse comes to worse I might end up as an operator with the limited play time I have.

Speaking of which, any ideas if ACO and ACU will be cooperating on the race to claim territories ( we know that in most cases the East will outnumber the West even after the US release )

God I hope stabilizers don't return. They may have been neat aesthetically but they were a terrible over-complication when it came to designing and building. If they bring them back in the form of "ornaments" and they have nothing to do with weight-distribution, then that's fine. But AC is complex enough when it comes to building, no need to tack on something extra like that.

I honestly hope stabilizers return and are 1000 times more complex. They weren't really that complex in the first place. Turning them in ornaments just made them pointless.

And I'm still upset about flying.

Edited by Exorcet

It seems like they have done permaflight in the lamest way. No more sky battles and YET permaflight exists. Not that is poses a real problem for CQC, but its just lame.

On the issue of stabs, while I enjoyed them, I think it is better to no include them in this version because they just make the came complex in ways that I don't think FROM has the time, money, or expertise on how to do them right so as to ensure balance.