Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 days till it comes out in japan, I'm importing it of course. I'm hoping they don't push it back any further or it'll get into when my semester starts again.

Tell us all about it when you receive it.

On a side note, I wonder what the single player story mode is gonna be about.

I haven't seen much about that.

Edited by Lonestar

On a side note, I wonder what the single player story mode is gonna be about.

I haven't seen much about that.

I think the story might involve corporations, and robots being hired to blow stuff up. And if we're lucky, we'll see Nineball for no reason.

Nah, I'm kidding. From some of the screenshots, it looks like we might be fighting a dictator in his giant MT. only time will tell.

Could you wait anther month? Mechadamashii says it's set for sometime in April. Apparently Europe is getting it sooner than the US, which is unusual.

Source

I think the story might involve corporations, and robots being hired to blow stuff up. And if we're lucky, we'll see Nineball for no reason.

Nah, I'm kidding. From some of the screenshots, it looks like we might be fighting a dictator in his giant MT. only time will tell.

The usual?

I wish that they went with something a little different then "Random corporations are bigger than fucking nations fight each other for no reason" It's been used quite a bit. It'd be better if there was a story line more like Project Phantasma.

Could you wait anther month? Mechadamashii says it's set for sometime in April. Apparently Europe is getting it sooner than the US, which is unusual.

Source

That's odd, though I could buy and play Mass Effect 3 and that'll keep me busy for a good month.

The usual?

I wish that they went with something a little different then "Random corporations are bigger than fucking nations fight each other for no reason" It's been used quite a bit. It'd be better if there was a story line more like Project Phantasma.

The usual?

That's odd, though I could buy and play Mass Effect 3 and that'll keep me busy for a good month.

Apparently from the info I gathered your going to as a whole a part of a resistance movement against an oppressive government. In other words this could be the rise of corporations over the remaining unifying government. Not that this would tie in to the other games, it's just a taste of how things probably got started in them.

Go ahead and play Mass Effect 3, I have to wait to fix my dad's old 160Gig PS3 blueray lense which decided to flicker out on me in the middle of playing Killzone 3 with my brother. This is what happens when I don't have my own PS3, and my dad is supposed to be a computer wiz. Makes me want to punch myself in the face...

That's a lot of THREE

Did I mention I'm a masochist :( (Seriously I took the thing apart again now it can't even run the downloaded games either...OTL i'm so fail.)

Edited by Ogawa Lou

The main difference I can gather from this game and the others is the fact that, instead of being an improved technology over the MT Muscle Tracers these Armored Cores are completely lost and rediscovered technology.

Thus the caption our post-apocalyptic world is in chaos. We must defend our slimy stink whole!

Yeah it seems that AC's are pretty old tech. Their armor is made of any metal they can find and reassemble. I noticed this in the E3 trailers beginning when their rising a core with only one arm attached to it. This shows that once an AC is destroyed they recover whatever is left of it. Like when their digging up what was left of an AC in the desert. Or the pilot ejects before the AC blows up like in multiplayer and the wreckage is recovered and the pilot's AC is rebuilt.

I wouldn't say that, that would make the armor pretty crappy stuff, even though it is old tech they've obviously done some work in producing their own product lines from them using the wreckage as a basis. I don't think they anounced anything regarding company names, but given the variation on the designs I'm guessing at the least about 4 different product lines.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/10/armored-core-v-demo-coming-with-a-sample-of-online-play/

ACV demo is released on the 21st.

Also, current tenative date for ACV is April 2nd, if what the Gamestop people have told me is correct. They said they haven't had an official date yet, so thats what it is for now.

EDIT: Next and final MIDNIGHT LIVE is on the 16th I think.

https://twitter.com/#/kohoyanai

Translated tweet: 1 / 16 (month)to determine thelive broadcastof the21:00 toArmored CoreV!It's called, Midnight LIVE Presents-ARMORED CORE V]~ LAST BULLET ~!Tsuammoyet?

I don't really care about the pilot/soldier DLC, but what's the Famitsu code stuff? Exclusive part skins? That I'd kind of like. Even if I don't use it, I'd like knowing that I could if I change my mind, some of those actually look pretty cool. I hope there's a way for US players to get that stuff. :P

Not too hot on the idea of parts being exclusive to certain places like Famitsu, but it's only 4 parts. Considering that AC5 will have well over 400, I doubt that'll make a big difference.

Seems like a good way to do DLC. Also, I can really get behind those wacky pilot DLC's.

Play Asia sells Weekly Famitsu, look out for NO. 1210 which is the 2/16 issue, as for the guide, you will need to order it from Amazon Japan and use a proxy service such as Tenso since guides can't be shipped outside of Japan normally.

Armored Core V US release date has been announced. Know when it is?

March 20th.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.cinemable...arch-38554.html

Good news? We get a pre-order bonus too. Read the article for details.

My god, any chance those will include the exclusives from Famitsu. It just seems like that it will include those.

Edited by Hoppy

No clue. The article doesn't go into depth about that. It may end up like the DXHR pre-orders where different regions get different stuff.

You might be right, but we'll have to wait and see, I won't have ACV until the 30th of this month (Why did I choose UPS instead of Fed-Ex for shipping?).