Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Murder in a can my foot. You have Auto-Cannons.... AUTOMATIC-CANNONS!!!!!! It's a funky name for RAPID-FIRE-BAZOOKAS!!!! Pair one of those with either a Pulse "CANNON" or Laser "CANNON" and you'll fry anything that's dumb enough to come in front ( or too slow to get out of your lock box because tanks have insane turning speed when stationary ( yes, standing still and turning is better that boosting around and spamming Hi-Boost ) )

Or if you want to be creative about it: Set up those sentry guns and hanger something like a battle rifle, gattling or plasma gun. Auto Cannon/Cannon on the other hand and spread missiles and see if you won't blow ACs outta the sky if they even dare come close.

The biggest problem would be snipers in general and Sniper Cannons don't get the zoom feature on tanks, sniper rifles would be an inefficient way to use tanks so you can either hope you don't run into one.... or actually charge as fast as you can towards the sniper before he kills you slowly and steadily.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those interceptors effective enough to warrant the use of Stealth Missiles? And how many variants are there?

Know what'd be cool? Cloaked missiles. Would be pretty cheap though I guess.

A cloaking device for your entire mech would be pretty cool too. Would need to be balanced out by not being able to boost (or perhaps move at all) while using it.

Edited by Mushinronja

Are those interceptors effective enough to warrant the use of Stealth Missiles? And how many variants are there?

Know what'd be cool? Cloaked missiles. Would be pretty cheap though I guess.

No idea... but it does serve as a counter to people using kiwis. If they start to become popular then that is a good solution. This game has a lot of counters built in to help the metagame change.

I see... and Kiwis are some good missiles or something?

I would like some hand missiles too, lol.

EDIT: Or are the Kiwiws the interceptors and the Stealth missiles are the counters? Yea, that's probably it, lol.

Edited by Mushinronja

I see... and Kiwis are some good missiles or something?

I would like some hand missiles too, lol.

Kiwis are the current slang for the missile interceptors... their part IDs contain "CIWS" which stands for "close-in weapon system".

As for hand missiles I do appreciate that they are intended to be a support unit rather than the chance to create a full missile boat.

You mean they don't want us to be missile boats? Yea, I can see that. I like missile boats though, lol. Well in FA flares made missiles sorta useless iirc.

Anyways, it's not like missiles we get are as accurate and persistant as the ones used by the heli in the demo mission are they? Because those are just annoying.

Also, do you know if the boat boss uses CIWS? Because that would probably make sense.

You mean they don't want us to be missile boats? Yea, I can see that. I like missile boats though, lol. Well in FA flares made missiles sorta useless iirc.

Anyways, it's not like missiles we get are as accurate and persistant as the ones used by the heli in the demo mission are they? Because those are just annoying.

Also, do you know if the boat boss uses CIWS? Because that would probably make sense.

I believe St Elmo has kiwis... not sure. I do know that there are kiwi turrets for territories as well as other things like target gun turrets.

Make'n me some emblems concepts. Probably going to spend the first hour customizing hahaha.

"hour"!? you mad bro? I'd need a whole day ( a little less ) to create emblems and proper decals for a single AC.

Then there's the chat customization, team name/colour/emblem, Garage customization, NAMES ( god that takes forever for me ), then individual part paints.... ( yes I tend to paint every part differently even if I use the same colours )

Of course there's also the fix and test and refix and retest thing going on till I'm satisfied with my AC.

Edited by Moon Walker

I think the real question is:

Are YOU mad brah?

I have most of the concepts pre-planned out, my two main AC designs have names and separate paint-jobs. I have a good idea what I want to use to reference a good emblem but I don't want to keep people waiting. Gotta jump into mutliplayer ASAP so I can paint the walls with the corpses of fresh newblet ACs.

I said it before this will be my first time joining into the fray with fellow AC fans, I wont waste any more than an hour before jumping into MP.

NOTE: Ha I just realized we can actually make our own Tally Marks, Oh I'm gonna have so much fun.

It's not green yellow red. Who told you that? I can only imagine that you're talking about something else that I haven't noticed. But if you mean the team member list then it's Clear -> Blue -> Yellow. Clear is NAT 1, Blue is NAT 2, Yellow is NAT 3.