Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

So this is where everyone ran off to from Mechaverse. Hey, long time no see. God this new game is fun! I really love the random mercenary hiring.

ACU is actually a good bit older than MV, though we're far less advertised. We're from the older ACO, around 2009 and before. We have a large, large chunk of the members that were solidly active between 2005 and 2009, with a good few old timers mixed in too. After EJ let ACO die that time late in 2009 everyone just quit and moved here to my site, haha. You can basically think of ACU and MV as two branches off the older ACO's death. Haha.

I was wondering why it took you so long to join up. Welcome to ACU Cassandra!

I still have that game where you used Carriers to kill KDanji on Brood War, btw. That was a good BW match.

Yeah, that was one of the things I noticed pretty quickly. In Japan I read that there was this team that was dominating the war front. No such team here. I really did like playing with the Japanese players on AC4/FA. I'm really not liking this current trend of segregating the servers in all the online games. What happened that caused this shift, I wonder...

Generally it was for balance and easier territory grabs. I've been playing the JP version since release day. The major JP teams had about 120,000-180,000 territory points for each and every territory within about 24 hours. Unlike the NA teams which are running scraggly point scores of like less than 50,000 across the board. I remember that every territory had its top three teams way up in the 100,000 point range, so it was like a combined total of about 2.5mil points in territory points out on the map just counting the top three teams of each map back then. We're like 2 days in and I don't think all the maps combined could even total 1mil points.

It's safe to say that the server split is really the only way that any teams on the NA servers will be able to get territory. We simply don't have as much activity as Japan has for ACV. It's suuuuuuuuuuuuper popular over there.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be in town tomorrow and I'm really on the fence on whether or not I should pick this up. I've been playing AC ever since the first demo disc for AC1 and, save for AC4, I've picked up every new game very close to it's release. Mostly I'm worried about whether or not I'll need a XBL gold connection just to play the singleplayer missions. I do want to try out the multiplayer stuff too since this iteration seems to be really focused on it. But I just can't afford to pay for the gold account for a while.

What do you guys think? I really would love to get back into the AC action again after years of hiatus :D

They want MONEY~!

Tbh I have no idea either, but it's how they did it. Haha.

PS: Anyone who wants to join a team but doesn't have one should consider hitting up some of the major site teams like ACU, RR, MV, ACG, and RH. ACU and RR are mostly on PS3, RH is mostly on 360, and MV is very active on PS3 side (idk about 360 side). All the site teams are great generic starting points for your ACV careers and good spots to learn the game.

Site Abbreviation Index

ACU = Armored Core Universe

RR = Raven Republic

MV = MechaVerse

RH = Raven's Haven

ACG = Armored Core Garage

RP = ReachingPerfection

!!!WARNING!!! TEAM ADVERTISEMENT INCOMING !!!WARNING!!!

Team ACU and its wings are always open to everyone and there's no requirement to do PvP. All ACU teams do story, co-op, and PvP with focuses on specific territories (so there's no overlap or infighting over territory). They also all use the same emblem, and you can fluidly change between ACU teams whenever you like. You are not bound to the team you join, so if you want to be part of core team today and wing team two tomorrow you can be (as long as there are open spots). You are also under no obligation to stick with the team overall, so you can stop buy just to buy parts or hang out for a while before going on to greater things. If you accidentally lose ACU territory in a match it's fine, especially with how often season resets.

The only thing we really push is activity in the game.

So far it has been pretty lonely on the Xbox 360 ACU team. I think I ranked it 1-15 or something close to that, and then Niji took it all the way to 30. I am close to getting it to 50 now by doing Order missions since the community is so small. Hopefully this game//team will pick up members soon.

I am so loving the new emblem system but... oh my god, it's havoc having so many layers! Working on one now, hope it's as good as my AC4/FA emblems. I will miss using swan butts as hair. XD

Append: I think the problem on the 360 side is the gold membership... thingie. It's like paying for the game again just to go online.

Edited by Cassandra

Hey Cassandra, had fun kicking ass with you. I'll be on again tonight, gotta get my AC's parts all straightened out first though. That one mission where we ran out of time, and we were shooting at that copter, my gatling guns shots were ineffective so there was nothing I could really do to damage it. GG's though!

I would totally hop on the 360 ACU Team, if i could. I have an Air-card and that's it for Internet, plus the fact that my membership ran out. So even if I go to a friends house I wouldn't be able to play. I might get a membership and see every now and then if I can get on. So I might be a merc for the tIme being.

Don't forget our little cubby hole on our forum for ACV. :D

http://forum.reachingperfection.com/Armored-Core-V-f3791263.html (RP = ReachingPerfection)

Pfft 50, with one friend I hit team level 60 something release day. =D Also, congrats GodlyPerfection on irrelephancy. How did you get territory so fast? My friend and I got the game soon as Gamestop opened and you already had territory!

Does anyone know where that "Sins of Anarchy" team came from?

And is the ACU team NA/US based? Haven't seem it online yet.

Pfft 50, with one friend I hit team level 60 something release day. =D Also, congrats GodlyPerfection on irrelephancy. How did you get territory so fast? My friend and I got the game soon as Gamestop opened and you already had territory!

Does anyone know where that "Sins of Anarchy" team came from?

And is the ACU team NA/US based? Haven't seem it online yet.

Thanks bro... we are up to like lvl 250+ now. We aren't on the map anymore because we decided to spread out today to get the ruler achievement (one territory on each map). So now we are going to take back Abandoned Facility from SoA. They are run by an old AC4 friend of mine. We are going to be recording a friendly clan match with them this weekend. Apparently while I was away my team intercepted them and beat them in 1:30 seconds... lol. I watched the operation file... two of them died to a Huge Missile each. My team was running a target gun/huge missile combo during that match. :D

As far as getting territory so fast, we had like 4 guys get it at midnight and I walked them through everything through party chat and picked it up in the morning. They had me to guide them through the menus and the system since I played the online demo.

Densuo, I made a few million last night. I could possibly buy you some parts if you list them in order of preference. I haven't tried trading yet though, so I'm not quite sure how it works. I'd assume it's like AC4 except with parts instead of emblems.

Densuo, I made a few million last night. I could possibly buy you some parts if you list them in order of preference. I haven't tried trading yet though, so I'm not quite sure how it works. I'd assume it's like AC4 except with parts instead of emblems.

That wont be neccessary. I was only on story 4 and looks like the team unlocks options. But hey, you know me, pilebunkers on the right arm Howitzer on the left and rocket shoulders. you got an idea what will support that on the two bay spots you lemme know.

pretty manly man of you though

thanks for the assist Exor. good playing with ya.

Edited by Densuo