Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Team Points get reset to zero and all team territories go back to the AI. Team level and team rank stay.

Yes Densuo, those turrets are called "Jammers" in the turret list and they combine a super powerful version of the handheld movement jammers and generator jammers together. We've been using them since before the game was even released in Japan. Haha. Those are the jammers I was mostly talking about in my previous posts about jammers being ridiculously buff. If you're good at territory design and your team knows where they are, it can be almost impossible for opposing teams to kill you. Mix them with a few other key turret types and you can get retardedly broken defensive advantage in a 5v5 territory match.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Points get reset to zero and all team territories go back to the AI. Team level and team rank stay.

Yes Densuo, those turrets are called "Jammers" in the turret list and they combine a super powerful version of the handheld movement jammers and generator jammers together. We've been using them since before the game was even released in Japan. Haha. Those are the jammers I was mostly talking about in my previous posts about jammers being ridiculously buff. If you're good at territory design and your team knows where they are, it can be almost impossible for opposing teams to kill you. Mix them with a few other key turret types and you can get retardedly broken defensive advantage in a 5v5 territory match.

Yeah I want to mess with a territory to see what I can come up with *if at least for a free trophy* but once I understand the general layouts I think we can set up some really devastating traps having jammers kick in and dumping rail shots / howitzers... the problem is... Blood Gulch Huge Canyon doesnt seem so great for jammers.

Merc work is all about pay, I advise staying away from risky missions, and those that do not entail a whole lot of profit.

I'm in the top 50 now. (By risky I mean Domination and Invasion missions, it's wise to duck out when you feel the odds are against you before starting a mission. And follow the lead of the player who hired you, unless they let you lead, I lost some good money because my client had a heavy trigger finger.)

I'm not sure if my exact pay is equivalent to my leaderboard score though...I'm pretty sure it is but it doesn't seem to register that quickly.

But when my rank goes up hot dog does it go up.

Nah. I live for the risk. That will likely be my downfall XD

Thanks for answering. Yeah, I've been on the receiving end of those jammer turrets. Ouch. They have no effect on allies, right?

I have not had our jammers affect me negatively.

Edited by Densuo

Ok, one thing that has been driving me bat-shit insane: Colors. In the world view, some members are blue and some are black. And sometimes, they change colors. I was blue the first day and I've been black ever since. One member is blue and black every other time he logs in and another member has always been blue. Also, the blue and black extends to the mission screen. When I hire a mercenary, they are also blue or black, but sometimes even gold/yellow.

I don't understand this. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Also, are there any rewards for topping the charts at the end of a season? Or, is it simply bragging rights?

^Refers to NAT type.

NAT 1 (black) - Modem directly connected to PS3. Good.

NAT 2 (blue) - PS3 through router. Good.

NAT 3 (yellow) - PS3 through router, but firewalled or something. Bad.

Edited by NiX

O.o That seems a little off. I'm connected through a modem/router combo as is the friend who alternates colors. Are you sure it's related to connection type and not signal strength--- Wait, nevermind. I just realized my PS3 is on the DMZ+. But, that doesn't explain why my friend's color alternates. It's not a perfect trend, but it does change from time to time and only between disconnects. Any ideas? Edited by Koroshiya Hunter

I'm finding the balance in this game to be terribly skewed in favor of CE defense mechs. Trying to run a LW that has just a Lotus and a Bluet in ranked and so far the Lotus has been useless. I don't blame people considering I see a lot of dual Strekoza builds in the leaderboards, but damn. Does the metagame change much after the 1.02 patch? Edited by Rachis

Metagame on JP side has mutated like every week to something crazy. LW/MW shotgun bots into LW/MW dual BR bots into dual gatling HW RJs into pulse cannon tanks all during 1.01. Then 1.02 hit and things mellowed out a bit, though snipers, rifles, and missiles are starting to come into use now.

It all just depends on whatever the flavor of the week is during the first few weeks, tbh. Especially with how inactive the NA servers seem to be. I'm on 360 side right now and they're just as inactive overall. On the plus side, B is pretty fun to talk to and play with.

I won't claim to be a good player, but I find it difficult to comprehend how people fall so far below C rank. No offense.

I've had my share of troubles with several missions netting me a big fat -200k each, but I never fell below C rank and I'm currently ranked #8 on the leaderboards.

@theSkullLeader

Yes, that is correct. Both positive and negative amounts affect your score respectively. What kind of missions are you accepting?

I won't claim to be a good player, but I find it difficult to comprehend how people fall so far below C rank. No offense.

I've had my share of troubles with several missions netting me a big fat -200k each, but I never fell below C rank and I'm currently ranked #8 on the leaderboards.

I will say its easier than you think. Think about this: You are a merc hired for an invasion mission and BOOM *EMERGENCY* time to fight a team of coordinated players possibly with a operator. Enjoy dropping ranks due to massive mission fialure.

Sometimes its not the players fault but at the same time the choice of taking those missions is still up to them. Personally i wouldn't judge them for their rank on sight.

Blast it, right when I settle on a weapon loadout for my AC I try something new and find something I really like! I can't make up my mind!!!!

For example, I wouldn't ordinarily think of using sniper rifles like regular rifles, but by golly they do work!

I will say its easier than you think. Think about this: You are a merc hired for an invasion mission and BOOM *EMERGENCY* time to fight a team of coordinated players possibly with a operator. Enjoy dropping ranks due to massive mission fialure.

Yep, got that on one of my first merc jobs. I lost 150k on that one.

@theSkullLeader

Yes, that is correct. Both positive and negative amounts affect your score respectively. What kind of missions are you accepting?

I wasn't being that selective at first. Just avoiding Story missions because they take forever.

I was actually on a good streak last night with the territory invasions. I got up to B, never lost money the entire time, but dropped down to C again.

I noticed when I took some territory invasion jobs, I ended up sitting in the Sortie room for a while before someone eventually cancelled it.

I did finally try the ranked, free battle. And had two pretty good battles against the same person. Apparently we were the only two in ranked battle.

Sometimes its not the players fault but at the same time the choice of taking those missions is still up to them. Personally i wouldn't judge them for their rank on sight.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. That happened to me quite often. I'd go on an invasion mission, the client would start the mission with just me and him (stupid move on his part) and then "EMERGENCY" and likely versus 4-5 players. Even if it's just mercs, two players will almost always fail. Faster if there's an operator.

However, despite this, I'm still where I am. There were times where I'd lose rank, but I never once fell below C. And ever since I hit S rank, I've never fell below it. I'm not bragging, I lose 8/10 1v1 matches, but I am where I am. If I can do this, I don't see why it's so hard for others.

I wasn't being that selective at first. Just avoiding Story missions because they take forever.

I was actually on a good streak last night with the territory invasions. I got up to B, never lost money the entire time, but dropped down to C again.

I noticed when I took some territory invasion jobs, I ended up sitting in the Sortie room for a while before someone eventually cancelled it.

If the Sortie timer doesn't start the moment you enter briefing, you're going to wait. There are two types of missions that do this AFAIK; Defense and Domination matches. If you see either of these, just leave before briefing starts. They take up a lot of time that could be spent on other missions. Not to mention, if someone leaves before you, it's 100% wasted time. The reason these take time is because both are focused on fighting enemy players. Other mission types focus on PvE with defense teams showing up if there are any waiting.

Most efficient way to earn merc money, by far? Order Mission duels. With a good client, you can knock them out in under a minute (sometimes under 30 seconds). And if you're a good player, you'll net 80k-200k+ per mission. The only thing better is an invasion mission versus MoH. I'll soak up 400k-500k per mission from those. But, you can't guarantee you'll fight those all time. It's fairly rare that I see them.

It's all about making wise choices with your missions. It goes without saying that you can't know if your client is retarded, but there are things you can do to minimize the occurrence of bad situations. It's just knowing what to look for.

Edited by Koroshiya Hunter

Can anyone explain how stagger works?

Specifically, I'm experimenting with handguns for stun/kick tactics. I'm looking at two handguns, the Oxeye, and the Provo. The Oxeye has an impact force of 1,354 and reload time of 108. The Provo has a impact force of 681 and a reload time of 15. I can't really tell which one staggers better. It almost seems like using a Oxeye/Provo or 2xProvo staggers better than 2x Oxeyes. At least that is what it seems like to me testing on the various ACs in the practice arena.

I'm very interested in running a stagger inducing AC, but I don't really know how best to use the weapons because I don't really understand how staggering works.

Also, question on shotguns, taking the KO-3K2 as an example.

It has an attack power of 1,074, and impact force of 1,035. That is per bullet in each shot correct?

^higher impact causes more stagger/stun but the higher the opponents stability the more likely they will resist getting stunned

lighter builds usually suffer from higher impact, imo the damage output isnt all that great for handguns but i havent been playing around with them; might try to offhand one to stun people with

shotguns have high impact power and damage output, its not per bullet. im pretty sure the stats mean when all bullets hit.