Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess youve never extensively played FA then

1 ac all day every day

dual rifles and dual of that one missile that was retardedly broken and accurate far beyond it's stats if I'm not mistaken.

That's all I ever fought against online.

Stop hating on RJs.

DR was 1.2

FA 1.4 was defensive heavy midweights

oh yeah. I hit them with rockets....

We certainly showed those turrets who's boss.

One of these days we'll run into MechaScrubs and buttslam them.

Edited by Densuo

Namco was a massive failure, the difference in support for the game is drastic and painfully obvious when you see all the stuff that was provided for the JP players to ensure the game goes over as well as possible. Full manuals that actually explain the game mechanics and systems (60 pages), integrated website to game features, special team tournies they're planning on, a mic sold with every copy of the game initially, proper season resets, game updates very quickly to handle the crazy broken stuff, huge promotion for the game (it's why it peaked in sales as top AC game ever in JP), geniune special vanity DLC and not just free parts for preorder, future non-vanity content updates via DLC promised (who knows if they'll follow up), they also list the top mercs and teams on their player's site at the end of every season, etc.

FROM has even provided every single team that registers in-game on ACV with a free forum, webchat, and team database on their official partnership site with a large "battle arena" bulletin board system where you can request tournaments for local or online play as well as challenge specific teams via battle challenges (goofy challenge system). You'd be surprised how much it helps. The robustness of their support on ACV is mindblowingly different from how they supported all their previous AC games. All of this wasn't presented after game release either, it was there right from the start on release day.

It's not perfect support, but compared to the older games it blows them clean out of the water. Worse is that when you compare it to the NA scene, they got absolutely nothing of that. NA ACV had a trippy dubstep trailer. That was about it.

TM, your idea of blaming FROM is more because you personally don't like how the game plays and not so much because of their lack of support, since they can't support it here as they are not the publisher for it here. Still a legitimate complaint, but what bothers you isn't what bothers the other players who are complaining. They like ACV, so they're mad about the lack of support for it. You don't like ACV, so you're mad about the developer making a game you dislike mechanically or in gameplay. Two different things. Both legitimate tho.

I do agree that the Conquest system isn't very amazing, the problem is there isn't any magic way to make it work without breaking the system either. I could challenge you to make a Conquest system of your own, but then you also have to make sure it works well on all servers generically. That would be a bit of a silly request. There's no realistic way you'd ever get a publisher to develop a different multiplayer system for a game over what the developer created just to suit a different region's trends/activity level and there's no way you'll get a developer to spend resources on making multiple multiplayer modes for foreign regions of the game that may have lower activity or very low activity. The only realistic option is to create a single multiplayer mode that's used on all servers, yet also functions under all servers conditions of activity and trend. That's not easy an easy system to develop and is likely to always be prone to some form of abuse or otherwise annoying traits. They could have done better, but they honestly didn't do that bad.

ACV was not developed for the NA market, was not developed to be under-supported, and there's a whole whopping nothing anyone can really do about it.

I personally enjoy ACV's mechanics a good bit over what was in 4/fA, though not as much as I like the older games. It's a pretty fun game to play overall, especially with a decent group of people, but it's not going to ever get popular and the activity for the game will go noticeably down by the end of April for certain. Best thing to do is just find groups of people who enjoy the game and play it with them and stop expecting any form of magic out of it. I suggest giving up on territory mode entirely until either Namco picks up support for the game (good luck) or at least until patch 1.02 hits, which helps stop a lot of territory match exploits that occur. Do team free matches instead, etc.

The simple fact is that territory mode in the NA scene will only kill the fun and activity of ACV more than encourage it, especially with all the bugs, waiting, stress, and exploit abuse that is going to start up (or keep going on, idk). I've already heard that some teams are having their members join (infiltrate) other teams and forfeit that team's territory to their original team, other teams are using their wing teams to attack themselves and get territory HP replenished, other teams are abusing tactics which were deemed unfair by FROM and balanced around in 1.02 to remove them from play, etc. I understand some people are getting success in territory mode if they try hard enough to find it, but not everyone has that kind of time or energy to dedicate to the game.

It was simply not designed for us, so enjoy what you can and stop wasting time on what you cannot.

^Goat showed us the Japanese version yesterday. It was amazing. Brimming with activity, and teams trading positions on the map almost every hour. And the balance fixes, especially on the arms, looked really nice. We're definitely missing out. edit: And everyone has ridiculously awesome emblems. :( Edited by NiX

Yah, I streamed a bunch of JP ACV stuff for ACU Chat earlier in the week too. Haha. I should get Goat to play on JP with me more, since it's actually pretty fun on that side. We barely played together during the JP release, so I feel like I kinda left him hanging anyway.

One team in Buried Facility (Abandoned Facility in NA) has 600,000 territory points there or something. Pretty nice.

say I decide to import the JP version... will lag (since I'm playing from the USA) affect the multiplayer experience?

I mean, I know there's a lot of people from NA playing it so lag obviously can't be that bad for us, but I'm still curious. Actually considering importing now after reading Niji's post.

yeah, it would be great if Namco gave this game some support, but whatever they do there's still a really small playerbase outside of Japan... and they can't really fix that.

still, I guess there's no harm in waiting to see what Namco does. I'm fine with just doing random free battles for now anyways.

Hey look, a new season reset on the 11th. I'd like to think the only reason another reset would happen so soon is if something nice was coming along with it. We just might have our patches by Wednesday. Edited by Nomrah

Since it's early that might explain their seemingly incompetent management of the system. But if I'm not mistaken this isn't the first time Bamco has faltered with providing proper attention to the online aspects of a game they are responsible for.

I want to think Positive. I want to assume the server resets that have been happening have been tests or something by bamco.

We'll see though

Trying to stay positive just like you are.

Hey look, a new season reset on the 11th. I'd like to think the only reason another reset would happen so soon is if something nice was coming along with it. We just might have our patches by Wednesday.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully we get the 1.02 or even 1.03 version of something that rhymes with match. Don't want to say what out loud and jinx it.

I still hold that this game is the best thing to come out all year, if not all decade.

I don't care if Bamco screwed it up. The important thing is that FROM is going above and beyond the Call to arms and providing all the support they can to everyone possible. It isn't THEIR fault if those assholes at Bamco are sabotaging them.

It's funny too, this exact same thing happened when FROM brought out Dark Souls. Updates were happening over on the JP client side, but it took a few patches before the NA version was suddenly brought up to par (bamco was the publisher on that title too). Have patience, I am sure we will see the patches eventually. The way I look at it is: They make a few tweaks to weapons/defenses to try to fix the balance on some (seemingly) OP parts/weapons. They release these tweaks to a subset of the population for testing. Then they tweak it some more. More testing, until the balance is appropriate. Then they release it worldwide.

Would you rather have broken imbalances in 1.01? or in 1.02/1.03? If 1.03 comes out and it is still (or possibly even more) unbalanced, would you be more angry at having the patch or having the older version? If they thought it was going to stay at 1.03 for a while, we will get it. If they think they will tweak it some and 1.04 will be better, then that is the one we will get. Basically, in this case, the JP client is "beta testing" the adjustments.

It's funny too, this exact same thing happened when FROM brought out Dark Souls. Updates were happening over on the JP client side, but it took a few patches before the NA version was suddenly brought up to par (bamco was the publisher on that title too). Have patience, I am sure we will see the patches eventually. The way I look at it is: They make a few tweaks to weapons/defenses to try to fix the balance on some (seemingly) OP parts/weapons. They release these tweaks to a subset of the population for testing. Then they tweak it some more. More testing, until the balance is appropriate. Then they release it worldwide.

Would you rather have broken imbalances in 1.01? or in 1.02/1.03? If 1.03 comes out and it is still (or possibly even more) unbalanced, would you be more angry at having the patch or having the older version? If they thought it was going to stay at 1.03 for a while, we will get it. If they think they will tweak it some and 1.04 will be better, then that is the one we will get. Basically, in this case, the JP client is "beta testing" the adjustments.

I understand your thought process, but:

Dark Souls is a fantasy action RPG. A type of game that has a far larger audience then what AC5 is, Mecha Combat. Who's to say that this game will last as long as Dark Souls? A game that is being actively supported will have more longevity.

I think if Bamco stated that they were waiting on From's rapid fire patches to throw one out it would make more sense.