Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I need KAI badly then... Will have to one day sort out this thing known as "proper connections"...

But other than this, ACs should indeed walk... Save for hovers of course... (Which might not as well appear in here...)

Someone ever guessed a use for Heavy Weight Legs when Tanks exist? (Apart from looking way cooler?) They should in my opinion, kill Tank legs and replace them with Heavies, as I don't see much difference that is possible between the two, save the fact that tanks have no need to kneel (Heavy BPs, considering there legs and stability, shouldn't need to as well.)

Someone ever guessed a use for Heavy Weight Legs when Tanks exist? (Apart from looking way cooler?) They should in my opinion, kill Tank legs and replace them with Heavies, as I don't see much difference that is possible between the two, save the fact that tanks have no need to kneel (Heavy BPs, considering there legs and stability, shouldn't need to as well.)

If you're talking pre AC4, I could HW quite well. I could not tank. There were enough differences, the mobility of HW's gave me something I could work with. Tanks didn't, they were a different style that I needed to adapt to. Not being able to jump or dash is a pretty big difference. When tanking, I became very OB reliant.

Post AC4 is the same deal, HW legs have the mobility, and jumping/weight gives them some different styles of moving around. HW's can hop around and conserve EN, tanks like to float because they don't get much benefit by being on the ground, this may reduce the ability to recharge EN, so a more passive play style is preferred.

Heavies can dodge while ground boosting and can play in the air a bit. Tanks can't. YA DIG?

AA ksaw is pretty easy to dodge when the guy shoots it at long range haha. It's the kind of weapon you need to get directly in their face with and pressure, even if you already have the lead. I can see that matchup being a huge pain for mid/heavy ksaw players tho.

Armored Core 5 Speculated Information

- No Quick-Boost

- Octagonal QB Chains

;)

- AC's can Walk, Run, and Jump

- Energy Clubs

The only way I'd ever be willing to play again. Oh and for weapons to look stupid when they fire...like fireballs for grenades and stuff. I don't like realistic looking weapons. I want fireballs. At least Overed weapons sound like fireballs.

;)

Edited by Penguin Deus

Oh and for weapons to look stupid when they fire...like fireballs for grenades and stuff. I don't like realistic looking weapons. I want fireballs. At least Overed weapons sound like fireballs.

Failing this (because they will), I'd like to see the graphics for explosions actually be on par with the overall graphics. AC4/fA I swear to fucking God you can actually count the pixels in grenade explosions. And failing that, let us return to the days of large expanding domes of fire(?)/energy corresponding to the color of the round that caused it.

Also, I'd like for pulse rifles and hand guns to not be tiny energy/solid machine guns anymore. They've always been among some of my favorite weapons and I feel as though I got fucked. My list of wants for AC5 is long, but this I consider to be essentially mandatory for me to want this game.

Oh, and I want two things to happen here with energy weapons. They have a choice: 1) they can stop draining my goddamn energy or 2) give EN weapons wires/cables/cords that connect to my AC so the fact they drain my energy actually makes sense.

Edited by Lenin

Cords? But then... WE WILL CUT OFF THE CORDS!!!!

On a side note, I want barehanded ACs be able to fight and punch. Really, just give em something like blade tracking, and allow them to combo and all stuff, with stun and all. Of course, the bigger the arm, the more powerflu your blows.

Oh no... oh God no. AC4/fA was bad enough, with a melee combat combo system, it will look even more like ZOE than it's two predecessors.

What I'd like to see is a system where if you have one arm-mounted gun, your AC will wield it with two hands, which would give it something like a +50% boost in accuracy, possibly double it. Notice that I typed 'arm-mounted gun', meaning your AC would do this even if it had a blade on it's opposite arm. I'd really enjoy this. Sometimes, I really don't want to put a second hand-weapon on my AC, and I feel as though I should be rewarded for having the stones to single-wield in a dual-wielder's world.

Edited by Lenin

Some speculating I've done with one of the pics that I was looking at has to do with that slab of armor on the leg.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1394/picture1cb.png

Now look at it in this picture where the AC looks like it's kneeling.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4910/picture2oy.png

Looks like it opened up or unfolded or something to cover a larger area. Maybe kneeling is back in this game (as it should be) but going into that stance the AC goes into a more "Armored mode" where it's immobile, but damage is reduced. Seems like a cool and interesting idea to make kneeling a viable tactic.

Some speculating I've done with one of the pics that I was looking at has to do with that slab of armor on the leg.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1394/picture1cb.png

Now look at it in this picture where the AC looks like it's kneeling.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4910/picture2oy.png

Looks like it opened up or unfolded or something to cover a larger area. Maybe kneeling is back in this game (as it should be) but going into that stance the AC goes into a more "Armored mode" where it's immobile, but damage is reduced. Seems like a cool and interesting idea to make kneeling a viable tactic.

But then, you should still be prone to OW raping and Blade Raping as well (Blades or Chainsaws of death, whatever...)

Kneeling would be much better if:

- You don't need to wait for your canon to reload to actually be able to get up.

- You can boost away from your kneeling (the AC immediately disengages while boosting.)

- Indeed, you get bonus armor deployed.

but we might see a new form of AC spawn then.

The TOWER AC.

But then, there's still OW to kill him...

Pretty much... I never really did understand that. I've only ever really seen green flames when throwing plastic wrap into my fireplace... and this one time in my ninth grade science class when we put lithium (or maybe it was potassium... I don't remember) on popsicle sticks and set them on fire.