Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can nt find the new site, anyone has a link. My biggest hope is that the multiplayer will evolve into something more mech oriented instead of being a copy of any shooter game and that the single player will be longer and with mission with varied objectives and well longer. Of course longer mission will need some sort of repair option.

I'll start scanning the AC Artwork book tonight and upload it to the Gallery as I go.

Also, I have entered my special DLC serial key from LRp. I will be getting special "unique" parts for AC5 the week before AC5 comes out in Japan. I'll screenie them and record some videos of my AC's spinning around with these parts when I get the game.

I'm willing to bet anything they're just cameo parts from Last Raven. Granted, I'd kill to see a few of those in AC5; LR had some damn pretty parts I'd like to see returning, and I imagine the posterboy's head would be one of them.

I'm not sure how they're going to work that out, though. Isn't it a tad unfair if some have access to more parts than others? I wouldn't be surprised if they're just stat doubles, or if the new parts will be available as DLC somewhere down the road.

The parts can't/won't be too good. I hate the idea of getting screwed because I don't have a PSP to get LRp... not that I even want one.

With any luck they'll be put up for sale a bit after the initial AC5 release after they're convinced nobody else is going to obtain them through the use of the promo code. If not, hooray for uneven playing fields based on fan income levels.

If the EYE4 is in AC5, or something that looks like it, I'm blowing off my economies to get AC5.

Now, if they re-did the PYTHON and actually made it awesome... Yes...

I can nt find the new site, anyone has a link. My biggest hope is that the multiplayer will evolve into something more mech oriented instead of being a copy of any shooter game and that the single player will be longer and with mission with varied objectives and well longer. Of course longer mission will need some sort of repair option.

http://www.armoredcore.net/ac5/

And, they already had repair options long ago in Silent Line boy. Truely, that game RULED.

Special parts for people who have LR on PSP, you say? That seems kind of stupid in a game that is so heavy into PvP and customization, to limit the options for everyone else.

This.

And what about the US fanbase (Not that FROM ever cared about us in the first place) who would have to import both games in moonspeak. If the game comes stateside what then, DLC? Or are we just SOL. "Oh hey look at all these cool japanese parts that you have no way of obtaining."

Edited by Griffon

I would assume you're SoL.

You can't pre-order the game off of PSN and that's the only way the portable games seem to be released here. Also, you can't pre-order it from JP anymore either. It's officially released now, haha.

Note, when FROM says "unique" I'm loosely interpreting it. Japanese is a language of implied subjects. I could just receive a save-game with all the parts unlocked beforehand. I could get a part that's got clone stats, as Altair was saying, of another part. It could be a pretty part that's got crap stats, too. You never know. Anyway, they e-mailed me after I submitted my key and such. I will be able to download the "unique" parts or part starting one week before the JP release of AC5. Look forward to video recording of the parts and pictures.

As a last note, I'm fairly certain all the parts will become DLC you can eventually buy or will be given for free for completing the game 100% or such. I highly doubt FROM will make parts that are competitively superior that you have to pay for. Don't worry about it so much!

PS: Sorry I don't have those pictures updates. I'm still scanning the AC Artbook. They'll be up soon, though.

As a last note, I'm fairly certain all the parts will become DLC you can eventually buy or will be given for free for completing the game 100% or such. I highly doubt FROM will make parts that are competitively superior that you have to pay for. Don't worry about it so much!

That's kind of what I was thinking, because if you think about it, the data for the parts at least would have to be in all the copy's anyway or there'd be issues with two games with different sets of data. I mean if someone using an AC with the new parts, how will he be able to play against someone who doesn't have access to them? How would the parts show up? So the data would have to be in there somewhere.

Like in SF4 when the new costumes came out, there was actually an update that included all the new costume data, so when you bought them on the PSN store, you were essentially paying to unlock them.