Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

If they brought back arm shields and auxiliary shielding in general, I think that'd be cool and would definitely help a kneeler, if that's even back in the series. Though, like everyone else pointed out from the pictures above, it definitely seems like this mechanic is back in the game. How exactly it works I guess remains to be seen. If they had cannons classified by weight (like some other person here said, sorry don't remember your name) it could make kneeling even more of a balance mechanic, especially if the armor plating on the pictured AC's leg is actually a defensive mechanism and not just graphics. You could then make the trade off of using lighter cannons that deal significantly less damage than their big-brother counterparts, but still retaining some (lessened) degree of mobility, but you might not be able to to penetrate the armor plating on a mech equipping heavier cannons and using shields to buff their defense while shooting from a stationary position. It could indeed bring some interesting new archetypes into the game.

Edit: Just thought of this too, I'd like to see AC's knocked on their asses when they shoot something too big for the mech or when they get hit by especially powerful ordinance like grenades.

Edited by Genocide

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
As far as the OWs and OHK weapons are concerned do you think they'll make you extremely vulnerable during and after using the weapon? Such as dropping all the weapons other than the one or if they bring heat back (which it looks likely with all the fire) raise the heat all the way to max. Maybe it will be like if you were hit with a plasma or AA and the Lunchbox or camera will falter. I'm just extremely curious to see how FROM does this.

Heh, if that was the case (which, in reality I don't think it will be, I mean, how badly can you fuck up a OHKO's balance? [Then again, this is FROM LOL]) we'd all be bitching about six-bladed chainsaws instead of dual bladers.

That's why I hope part bans are available in AC5, but I probably won't know for a while if there will be or not.

plus, Kiku's almost a guaranteed one shot kill against ACs in forA, so >_>.

Let's hope From doesn't FUCK it up.

The entire AC Fan Base is saying this. You don't need to remember us of that. We live in constant fear that FROM will fail what could be the mecha game of our life if they do it well.

I want to see other OWs. I've been chainswording Xenos and Heretics to death here. Already fed up with those. Give us HAMMERS, LANCES, SUPER DUPER BIG CANNONS, NUCLEAR MISSILES!!!

I don't know, give us pics FROM!

Just being a dick here.

What fi one OW was basically... a cannon that fired a projectile that exploded inside of an AC?

I highly doubt this..

Also. Yes on the Lances, they were in variable infinity, why not have them in an AC game?

And so much fail if done wrong.

What I would like to see is the return of all the old parts entirely remade and some be rebalanced.

Ohh... Infinite FINGER in PS1 era AC... The damn Moonlight in PS1 era... That machinegun that could fire nonstop forever...

Oh yes, KRSW MK.II... Then, there was so much more.

You mean like blew up in a way that made the AC fly apart like someone threw a lego construct at a wall?

Isn't this kind of explosion already present in LR? Well, if you mean taken up to eleven... It'll be even cooler yes.

i hope we will see more modern or industrial like (chainsaw) weapons instead of futuristic weapons (Kojima shield/explosion/ plasma/laser)

at the moment i think the game looks like it will be a very terrain based combat and we will be seeing a lot of city maps and hide and seek battlefields. i hope things like Floating mines/spread bomb will be back and usable.

If QB is making a return i think is should in the form of extensions (forward only or sideward) boosters similar to pre AC4.

Other things like EO and heat should return.

About 1hit kill weapons, i hope they will be as hard as hell to use (we almost had 1 hit kill weapons like parry blades before)

at the moment i think the game looks like it will be a very terrain based combat and we will be seeing a lot of city maps and hide and seek battlefields. i hope things like Floating mines/spread bomb will be back and usable.

That sounds cool and I think it'd be really interesting, especially if they keep the ac4/fa large-scale battles. I've wanted multiplayer battles since SL but outside of my group they never caught on here in California (pre-AC4). I hear on the ps3 side of things it never really caught on for ac4/fa, either.

To this point though I'd like to add that it would be neat to see the inside orbits from AA again. Those were always a fantastic part and really fun to use.