ACs are 5 meters tall?

Puddiing

i read that as "size does not matter a fuckton"

it would make a lot more sense than what you really posted tho, i have no idea what youre trying to say

i think theyre definitely gonna aim for a more realistic aspect towards AC (at least in terms of physics/logic)

the whole transforming crap and flaming chainsaws is beyond me

i think theyre definitely gonna aim for a more realistic aspect towards AC (at least in terms of physics/logic)

Realistic in map design/logic and AC aesthetics maybe, but I doubt function will be much more realistic than at least the PS2 games. Hopefully a fair degree more than 4/fA though. that shit was ridiculous.

Edited by Griffon

• 3 months later...
Realistic in map design/logic and AC aesthetics maybe, but I doubt function will be much more realistic than at least the PS2 games. Hopefully a fair degree more than 4/fA though. that shit was ridiculous.

Ridiculous, but fun. And I'm looking forward to seeing the mechs sized down. it'll be interesting to see how a 5m tall mech will handle any stealth missions that may crop up. And the physics as well.

Armored Cores are and always will be Reals. They've never been supers. come on now.

The only AC that bordered on Nigh-Super level (Think Alt Eisen) was the final boss in AC4.

The OWs may be borderline Super weapon though.

Edited by Densuo

The other advantage of shrinking AC's is you're no longer stuck with AC vs AC or bust settings. Tanks/Hellicopters/Planes/MTs/Stationary Weapon Batteries/Jeeps/Vans with Terrorists/Ice Cream Stands/Etc are all viable opponents. You don't need to rely on a dumbed down Giant MT or Arms Fort to provide a challenge.

AC's have never needed anything more than tanks, helicopters, and planes as a challenge. AC's would probably run from planes faster than they'd run from Arm Forts. I really hope the enemies in AC4 are realistic for once.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2vuxbgl.png

A bigger problem is how will they incorporate and handle the new AC height relative to AC power. As it stands, it sounds like AC's will still be ludicriously powerful. It's FROM SOFTWARE, though. Best not to expect too much.

AC's should be able to easily damage each other, but not repave the landscape. The scene from the trailer where a bunch of them fly in and some giant hypercrab cuts down half the city with pink lasers looked a bit silly. I don't mind mechs, but when you go nuts with their capabilities it gets a lot less interesting.

I think AC1 did a nice job of establishing the capability of AC's as weapons, though it's been so long that I could just be embellishing it with nostalgia.

From the looks of those screen shots some MTs tower over ACs. If they start giving ACs more trouble than Arms Forts then I expect AC5 to play for years till they finish working on another title.

Other than that, AC being smaller than buildings again mean that matches last a lot longer due to the massive size of the maps? might be a pain if we start doing hide and seek if say... invasion has time limit and if they fail to take out last unit/base within time frame they lose.

Other than that, AC being smaller than buildings again mean that matches last a lot longer due to the massive size of the maps?

If what they said about some single player missions being 20+ minutes long indicated anything, that may very likely be the case. I'm hoping what they said about tanks and helis being more serious opponents is true, because if ACs are about this size, tanks should become a serious threat.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2931/201105081031421d4.jpg

Other than that, AC being smaller than buildings again mean that matches last a lot longer due to the massive size of the maps?

Unless they fly at 1billionbillion mph. Though map size is only part of it. Avoiding damage racing, forcing us to use positioning, and making resupply common in missions would all support long sorties.

neat pic whered you get it from?

I thought it was AC5 AC's, but then I noticed it looked too good.

neat pic whered you get it from?

Linked to this site from a japanese AC site I go to for pictures and such.

The pic itself isn't of a particular AC in ACV, as I haven't seen any one of those parts in screenshots, but it's a fan design certainly drawing inspiration from it.

Edited by Griffon

I like the idea of allowing at least light cannons for bipeds and such. Though honestly if they can fire from the arms, they can fire from the back, or shoulder as it seems now.

Speaking of smaller AC's, I wonder if environmental hazards will be more common now, like falling bridge, explosive fuel tank, etc.

I like the idea of allowing at least light cannons for bipeds and such. Though honestly if they can fire from the arms, they can fire from the back, or shoulder as it seems now.

Speaking of smaller AC's, I wonder if environmental hazards will be more common now, like falling bridge, explosive fuel tank, etc.

So... let's say you fire a GL onto a bridge and it collapses on an AC, it goes poof!?

That would be fun actually, could've sworn I played some tiny robot wars where falling objects kills the bots. but with the way the city and buildings look, at most I'd see part of it being chipped off by explosions... and I'd hate if bridges started collapsing within the first few minutes and remain unusable the rest of the invasion like that autobahn/highway in AC4A.

Or say it actually blocks the whole passage indefinately until the next invasion.

Scariest part I find is that those defense emplacements are HUGE, I would never want to find myself staring down a cannon barrel like we used to for those sol dios.

Edited by Moon Walker

• 6 months later...

So I've been doing a bit of digging before I hit the hay today. At first I was a little skeptical about the new design based on whether or not this was the closest to what a realistic mecha would look like. But given what I've come up with and my observation of the various designs, I have to say I'm quite impressed with how close they've gotten with designing this time around. They're starting to look more and more beautiful every time I look at them. Of course there certainly is still a good amount of flair here and there but not nearly as much as it was with the older games. It also makes sense that the AC's are being labeled as a lost technology because of how advanced the internal workings of the cores must be in order to have generators with such a high output and variability. Which makes me realize how much stress a frame must go through.

Like in AC4-FA, screw the pilot blacking out their supposed to be upgraded super humans in a gel-capsule cockpit anyway. I wanna know how many hours of maintenance these things have to go through haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Just as a late note, the ACs of the original trilogy were also 5 meters tall. There were more than a few missions where you were running around in parking garages and sewer tunnels. At some point they started getting bigger, but I don't really no where, maybe in the transition between the PS2 lines.

a giant NEXT with giant kojima missiles boosting through buildings is beast mode

i like AC's though theyre small, cool and doesnt afraid of anything.

what was the scaling on a arms fort haha

side note, i got a next to go 6000+ kmph in FA lol, QB backwards and your insides would expel through your eyes and nose

Edited by supplice.

a giant NEXT with giant kojima missiles boosting through buildings is beast mode

i like AC's though theyre small, cool and doesnt afraid of anything.

what was the scaling on a arms fort haha

side note, i got a next to go 6000+ kmph in FA lol, QB backwards and your insides would expel through your eyes and nose

But dont forget those pilots have AMS and cheat at everything they do including keeping important thing inside their bodies.