Dark Souls

Magnus

I feel your pain. I thought I'd have it nailed down pretty perfectly being able to spear after a roar with a dragon. Sadly it comes out too slow. The 2h falchion on the other hand comes out plenty fast for after a roar, but its range is so pathetic you have to roar when they're already within a very dangerous range.

Dragons have it hard.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So uh, apparently, there is a talk about the DWGR getting patched at the Japanese blogs. This is mainly due to the fact that you can fast run and roll while wearing all heavy armor sets (full Giant and Havel). Poise was introduced in DkS to balance out heavy armor sets, since everyone in DeS just went with light armor sets. But because of DWGR, light armor sets are largely neglected. A lot of Japanese are saying that FROM should not patch it because many builds were build with DWGR in mind, especially those with 40+ Endurance. There are a lot of people for this patch because it will make the game more balance. As for what the actual patch does to DWGR, I have no idea. But my friend says it is nothing official, so there should be no worries at the moment. Just some rumors at the various Japanese blogs.

I'd be ok if they patched it, but nothing significant like what they did to twop. (Even though that thing still is pretty random. Like if you're at under 25% and use regular roll, it will completely prevent you from rolling, but at you're under 50% and with dwgr you can still roll)

I don't think a potential nerf like making DWGR give the flip to under 25% weight and 25% roll to people under 50% weight would be all that bad to people's builds. It either means all said builds are still the same effectiveness compared to each other, or everybody lives with having to be stunlocked by a claymore type sword after first hit and learn to toggle escape it more effectively.

The good news is it makes my Tubby even more powerful than he already is. The bad news, I might need to find some lighter armor for my 40/40 guy, because I really like the look of Boar's helmet and Golem armor.

Edited by TMRaven

That doesn't sound like a very credible rumor. I kinda think from isn't planning to patch again, tbh.

I tested it and I haven't been able to roll out of twop for months now. It's not random anymore. It does what it originally did (lock you down), just for 10 seconds instead of 30. That's with cartwheel ring though, not without. I haven't tested without.

I wouldn't patch it, personally. I think the game being any slower would probably make me consider selling it.

I much rather see some buffs on particular items than some nerfs. People are always on the nerf, nerf, nerf bandwagon.

If there was a combination of the slightest nerf to DWGR and giving a lot of the cloths in the game some poise, I don't think there would be as much an issue of seeing the default armor layout in PvP being either a full havel's/giant's/smough with a pinwheel mask.

Edited by TMRaven

That's actually sort of what I think, too. If I were trying to balance things, I'd give some clothing poise values, maybe raise some poise values on other armors too, aside from havel/giant. I'm not exactly sure how I'd do it, but I'd try to take a cue from channeler gear and work from there. Great Lord outfit needs poise; it's dumb that it gives none.

NG+ Depths>kirk>gaping>blighttown>Quelaag>blighttown>Drakes>firelink...

No deaths run in full Ornstien gear without a shield, but everyone I summoned died horribly.

I'll post where I next get killed, Might be Sen's Fortress.

Yep sens fortress to Gravelord enemies and a lagstabbing invader.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

I was Undead Burg hosting with my new Cursed GSoA build and people kept messaging me to stop using my cheesy SL700 Artorias after I beat them. So good. :)

But yeah, the Cursed GSoA does the same damage as the Claymore and Bastard Sword, but with noticeably more range, a useless R2, and can't be buffed. I am digging it nonetheless. Looks so dope.

By the way, my build is SL120, not SL700.

GGs elton. I'd do more but my ps3 just died on me. Will get a new one shortly. The gsoa is pretty deadly. Its range is way longer than the claymore. A couple times you had me off guard because I thought I was out of range but got hit by some pretty good phantom range. Reminds me of Demon's Souls Claymore spare the sexy horizontal swings. Edited by TMRaven

Well finally joined darkwraith and had some sosexy duels at Anor londo.

One sunbro got summoned, took a look at me and went 'nope' and suicided. then a darkmoon invaded, and I stomped him to the edge. he used the beg emote and I spartakicked him off the cliff. good times.

Second run I ran into an empty area, and a darkmoon walked up, bowed and ran passed mne.. so we both killed the host. and I got indicted.