Dark Souls

Magnus

Good games to everyone! That was a lot of fun!

The gsoa is pretty deadly. Its range is way longer than the claymore. A couple times you had me off guard because I thought I was out of range but got hit by some pretty good phantom range.

Yes. The range is much better than the claymore's. One thing I noticed is if I roll towards you (hitting you with my thorn armor) and you roll back, I can 2H R1 punish. In fact, there were several times that I punished John when he rolled back. I think John eventually caught on and side roll instead. Pretty neat.

Edited by Honest Frank

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man, use anything you want.

I still want to get my groove down the with GSoA. Anyways, I decided to level my guy up to SL125 for two attunement slots. I don't know what spells to use with just 18 INT and 18 Faith though. So far, I am set with Chameleon and Force. Maybe even Great Soul Arrow, Hidden Body, or Tranquil Walk of Peace. Any ideas?

chameleon and force are pretty neat assuming you're not in the mood to run pyro. I mean with cgsoa you prolly won't need gc support much so maybe just goof off with gfb or something.

I mean if you want to be an asshole, just run two twop's,

I think personally I might have ran like fireball and chameleon. That sounds like fun.

Yeah, I was thinking to either use Great Chaos Fireball or a mix of Force and Chameleon. Force is nice to stun combo a 1H R1, but the cgsoa only deals an average damage of 230 damage one handed vs. 330 damage when two handed, so I am not sure if it is worth it. Still a good mix-up tool I feel. Chameleon is pretty lolzy for invasions. I am still trying to put it to use in 1v1 more effectively. Two things I have done so far is Chameleon -> Force -> 1H R1 and Chameleon -> Roll -> BS.

I am also liking Replenishment. It heals you 10 HP/sec for 60 seconds, which recovers a whole 600 HP. This can potentially save you from two hits. On the other hand, you lose Green Blossoms. But the trade may be worth it. I will test with it more tonight or tomorrow.

Replenish is good vs. light weapons. It makes almost no difference vs. hard hitting weapons that can combo me to death, like the BKGA or Ultra Greatswords, or BS fishers with Hornet Ring. But I think the HP gain is worth it. Most fights longer than a minute anyways. I have won a couple matches with a few HP left because I have Replenish. I am just not sure if I could have won earlier with the extra stamina boost for dodging. But yeah, I will test Replenish a little more sometimes this week. So far, I like it.

Does the Great Scythe's R2 really do 600 damage? I was wondering why I wasn't winning the damage race when we traded GSoA and GSythe hits. I was only doing an average of 340 damage per hit.

Edited by Honest Frank

Never trade with a 2h R2 from greatscythe. It does do in excess of 600hp damage. Thankfully it's also easy to punish with a backstab as well. So the only trading you should be doing is poising through it for a mean backstab if you already are on the position where you can't roll through it or just sidestep it. Edited by TMRaven

Yeah, I will keep that in mind next time. I just didn't think the Great Scythe had that much power behind it. Interesting, I was thinking to make a DMB build with it, too. This gives me more incentive.

Hey John, when will you upload our fights? I want to study my mistakes. Thanks.

Man, I'm going to split this next video up. I'm uploading one right now that's about half of the night's fights and it's just about done after 12 hours.

I've still got the other half of the duels from the other night to upload (after I split that vid), I've got to edit an anal londo trolling sesh Mike and I did a while back, and then I've got some more blighttown invasions with BK sword.

99% on the first vid though!

I knew about that post in page 96, I just wasn't sure if you were still doing it

If you can, can you give me some kind of date in which you're available for this, I'd appreciate some standard titanite slabs

Edited by Dark_MX