Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. Okay. How about Saturday or Sunday? I don't feel like spending two hours muling. Or maybe I can help one of you, and then you guys help each other.

Instead of Forest, how do you guys feel about the Undead Burg? I have a dedicated host there.

Red soap, arena-like base, optional boss... it's pretty awesome. I have it open as well.

Man, after watching some of the videos, I realized how sloppy I was playing. There were times I mash R1 thinking I was within range, but you were clearly farther and was strafing. I mistimed some of my running attacks too. I should take notes. Good games though! Thanks for uploading!

I realized now why I took the extra damage at the end of my loss. On John's perspective the lava was all around me! On mine it was only to the right. On the one where I roll swiped John and he died to the left of me on his perspective, he was on the right of me on my view. I had some pretty good lag those fights; lagsteppin' like a hoss. I hope the new PS3 fixes it.

Painted World arena is so dope because you can just hang out on the upper ledges and watch like spectators! Mystifies me how Japs decided to use the Undead Burg, or even how Kiln became so popular.

Edited by TMRaven

Mystifies me how Japs decided to use the Undead Burg.

Painted is just as popular as Burg for the Japanese. At the Burg, you can spectate from where the Undead Archer is. The arena base is just big enough, IMO. Other popular areas include:

Undead Parish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P_o_rCo3FQ

Sen's Fortress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaJXklkF3EM

Kiln popularity has dropped a little, I think.

The Undead Parish area is pretty neat, I'm not too sure about the Sen's Fortress. I guess that'd depend on how long it takes to get there from nearest bonfire. It definitely has the lighting-- maybe a bit too much lighting. Kiln is garbage. Edited by TMRaven

I bit too dark for recording, too. And no stands for audience. :)

I really don't see anything wrong with Darkroot Garden other than not having the upper levels for audience either. Undead Parish would be so sweet if they took those stairs in the middle out.

I don't like the Rat Chamber either. I don't even think it is a PvP hotspot. The chance of getting invaded is minimal though so many DkS tournaments are held there. I was mainly showing the video to show the first three spots, mainly Sendog. So yeah, Sendog, Burg, Parish, Painted, and Forest are the PvP hotspots for the Japanese lately. I think the Demon's Souls community uses the same spots too. Sendog is good b/c you can glitch out from fighting Iron Golem. At the beginning of the fight, just go towards the center where the teleporting light suppose to be and the prompt would come up. Just hit X and you will be teleported to Anor Londo. It usually works, but not always.

Kiln is terrible for Red Soap. Way too busy.

Oh, never mind about the Sendog. The glitch/exploit was patched a while ago. So it should never work now. :)

Edited by Honest Frank

I'm not a fan of Burg, but I don't mind it. I really like Forest just because of the low invasion rate. Last time I tried to duel in Painted, I got invaded 1,000,000 times before even seeing the correct soul sign. But I don't really mind where we go as long as we get fights in.

Also I was running Great Magic Shield at Kiln for kicks. Zwei on Crest Sheild drains basically no stamina. The thing is crazy, though the duration makes it really easy to wait out.

Edited by Exorcet