Battlefield 3

Mom

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: By the way, anyone down for playing sometime? I think the only person on here that has the game for ps3 besides me is Vincent. If he's the only one, then let's stomp fools vincent. Battlelog is the same as my psn.

Fools officially stomped. Was fun too. We can probably meet up tomorrow too since I'm strait up sickly right now. Not going anywhere this particular Monday. Anywhere at all.

@vincent: hell ya man. I'm down. Bf is like 10x better when you don't play with randoms and no mics.

@assailant: levels mean nothing. All of the initial weapons and equipment is badass. You can run the game with just using starter shit in mp.

What rachis said. I'm actually eager to try the f2000. Everytime I used that gun tho the recoil has been ridiculous cause of the rate of fire. Despite that, I kinda liked it in mw2 after I went back to it after black ops. This time though i'll have grip. Dope.

I never liked the American starter stuff. The M16 and M4A1 felt like garbage to fire. Mostly the M16.

I'm happy now though, got's a PP2000 Ext. Mags, M416 grip, and SCAR-H grip (more attachments on all, but you get what I mean). I don't really use Recon at all. I've always been of the opinion that class borderline takes away from the game since so many people will become useless to the team trying to work this class where it shouldn't be used. It's very selective. Best thing I could think to do with it would be to hook it up with a shotgun you like and get rolling; that way you'll also most likely make the best use of the spawn point since you will be getting so much closer to enemy lines on average.

So yeah, I'll be on PS3 in say, 2 to 3 hours from now. I've got some work to get done first, but then it's off to start world domination with Ethos and whoever else decides to tag along.

It's not really the people that will be useless with the recon kit anymore. At least in bc2 they had mortar strikes and the portable radar was throwable. The recon kit now has...well nothing remarkable. Unless you want to fly a toy helicopter all day then there are better things for you to do.

I disagree with the discussion on the recon class. Granted, yes, people that are not using it right is gonna do nothing for the team. However, if someone is using it correctly, it can be very beneficial to the team.

The mobile spawn point is great for both conquest and rush where positioning is essential. Recons are also really useful in tdm, gaining the ability to spawn at a set location. The helicopter shit can save the team a lot of trouble with spotting and destroying enemy equipment like spawn points and others. They also have that laser designated air strike shit I don't know how to use, but it be cool for conquest or rush cause it does it on its own.

On top of that, recons also have semi-auto rifles so they don't have to sit back cause of the bolt action restriction of bc2. On top of that, they have straight pull bolts so that you don't have to scope out like bc2. That's on top of being able to switch to a shottie or smg.

The little Recon robot is helpful, I won't lie. I don't play much; I thought the Engineer got all the robots. That little droid gave my squad a beautiful game yesterday, knowing where everyone is before they reach you is godlike. Having said that, that would be more or less the only other plus minus the Mobile Spawn Point Recon gives the team. So basically it's useful if you run it with a PP2000/UMP .45 with these tools and just take up the rear of your squad, dropping spawn points where it's safe (but close) and UAV scouting whenever available.

I'd buy that. And I got a teammate Paul (Ethos, he was Deathking55-) who makes that work.

BUT..... 90% of randoms become a good-for-nothing trying (and failing) to score headshots from the first spawn for the whole damn game.

My solution? Give the UAV to the engineer and the Spawn Point to Support and snip the Recon class from this game all-together.

EDIT: If you're reading this I'm getting on in the next 5 minutes so we might commence the killings and the explosions and whatnot. Let's go bro(s).

Edited by Vincent210

That's all good from a metagame standpoint, but very few people online play in a way to make use of the recon kit.

True enough. The argument tho was that whether or not the recon class was useful. Just cause people play recon like dumbasses doesn't mean that the class is garbage. I mean, Vincent was talking about getting rid of them altogether haha. I still feel that a recon w a sniper can be essential, cause of all the reasons I listed above too btw vincent. They don't need the auto guns or shotties to stomp fools.

I still like my idea better >.> I did find a handful of places where sniper rifles were actually useful, but on average I prefer an assault rifle.

We suck with C4. Both our tank kills got us killed, and neither of us can fly without Paul. And I'm still confused by those ninja bullets.

I'm really loving the IR scope for the M416, first impression of the AEK-971 isn't very good, and I want to try out the F2000 as soon as possible.

C4+Tank=Boom=Me Happy.

I still like my idea better >.> I did find a handful of places where sniper rifles were actually useful, but on average I prefer an assault rifle.

We suck with C4. Both our tank kills got us killed, and neither of us can fly without Paul. And I'm still confused by those ninja bullets.

I'm really loving the IR scope for the M416, first impression of the AEK-971 isn't very good, and I want to try out the F2000 as soon as possible.

AEK-971 is the next AR unlocked for the Assault class right? I remember liking it in the beta.

Where in the job description did it list blowing your ass to Mars and back while you killed the tank? With your own C4?

I am thorough. What can I say? I use 3 blocks to make sure I create a big enough bang to make sure that not only the tank is gone, but the people riding it think twice before trying to do the same again. I imagine that they must not be happy about seeing their tank go from full health to death in the same second. Fuck trying to disable the tank. I want it gone from the map. Period.

I guess I should've mentioned before. I am pretty reckless and I rush everywhere. That's why a lot of the time when you thought I was right next to you cause you saw me, I was actually on the other side of the map already. I don't sit back trying to get kills.

That's how I always used C4. Planting on a vehicle is risky business because it's so easy for someone to kill you in the time it takes to get out of the blast zone. Better to suicide bomb for the good of the team than to die for nothing.

Word.

Anywho, you heard them. Page 12, 3rd line of the 2nd paragraph.