Last Raven Fantasy Duels

Mom

Oh yah, I forgot they were doing that LR game cracking stuff to get at all the hidden stats. Last I checked though they're trying to balance the games stats as they go, though. I don't really agree with that cuz I'd only trust a few people like Yaka and PD to really be able to balance the game and even then only after they'd had a good solid bit of time to really be sure they know how the stats actually all corelate.

Idk, I didn't see much discussion going on around the balancing thing they're doing. It seemed to just be the guy who's cracking the game randomly deciding to balance some stuff. That info he has on original game stats is pretty nice, though. Like OB accel is 10x listed number and actual HP for part breaking of parts.

And you called TM a fag like 3 posts in. Amazing.

EDIT: Oh I see, maybe they're basing the edits they're doing now on spreadsheets off when that topic was first created.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a whole other discussion. I disagree with just about every balance change they've done but haven't bothered discussing it since it would take many hours of thought and actually testing the changes, which I'm not equipped to do. What's important is that he has the answers.

After dicking around with defense testing here's what I got.

@ 1563 S. Def (where it was originally), after 60 R2 hits -> 2589 AP

@ 1557 S. Def (where I fitted it for dual 69H hangers), after 60 R2 hits -> 2497 AP

@ 1529 S. Def (where I ended up putting it), after 60 R2 hits -> 2545 AP

Stats always tell the whole story in games.

O rly?

Yah, really. You think the magic fairy made that defense hike? It's no different than in FA where the energy defense is on a curve so that if you go low enough you get bonus damage reduction. If you learn about the stats properly and how they actually work instead of just assuming that a stat does X cuz that's the simple way around taking the time to learn it you end up knowing how it actually applies in-game.

Learn the formulas that those stats are stuffed through and you won't be confused by the stats. It's exactly why you have to test the defense tiers, because you don't understand the stats. Just the stat field name. There's no magic in it. Unless you really think your defense hiked just to make you feel better and not because of game stats and how they work?

What the fuck. How in the hell do you come up with that tirade of a text-wall from responding to a perfectly calm and collective post from PD? Makes no sense. Then a couple posts later you say he's one of the few people you trust for LR balancing? That's hilarious.

I sensed tension in your posts the very instance I read about your questioning of 'the older players' experiences with different parts. Comes off as irony to me.

Bottom Line:

I don't like LF71, and I'm outspoken. Even with the 98G, Noob's design would have been better with A2 or Lizard, because it's able to play out the game with higher ap and shell. Everybody's going to have their own preferences on what makes a good build for a game that hasn't quite gotten the chance to be as competitive and figured out as say Starcraft, but I trust mine over a lot of other poeple's-- including you.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Edited by TMRaven

If you look at that topic I posted you'd see that the guy claims there is a deviation in damage per shot. You may have just gotten odd luck to skew the results.

Then a couple posts later you say he's one of the few people you trust for LR balancing? That's hilarious.

Yes, because I trust him to have enough brain power to talk to other people about what he thinks, he's one of the more consistent people I know (especially compared to a lot of other people) even though he's not perfectly consistent, and because I know he's a person with good enough mechanics or at least a realistic enough understanding of mechanics to work with it.

If you think I should just suck his opinions dick like you seem to want me to do, though... Idk. I don't like parroting. Sorry if it doesn't help you feel special if I don't just go along with anything you guys say. I think he's one of the better people for the job, that doesn't mean I think he's always right and I'm gay for him or something. Hence why I said that I would still require that they take a solid bit of time with it, not just on a whim.

...but I trust mine over a lot of other poeple's-- including you.

Did you think I regarded you as non-human or something? Haha. That's the basis of this discussion. Everyone trusts their own information more than other's information. That's why they ask for more than just anectdotal evidence. The same way I asked you for it on LF71. It's nice to know you can't see the other side of your own quote.

You're outspoken. What an unexpected surprise.

Nah there's some people's opinions I trust over others for AC, and some I trust over mine in certain areas as well, especially if they have the skill and experience at the game to back it up, and aren't just theorists.

Oh well, noob can take my advice or leave it, that's the great thing about opinions. You don't have to listen to them.

Threshold vs. Rad Bromance got pushed off from the last one.

90's 2 challanges, of which I don't think he gets both; who knows.

Pin Prick vs. Noob's Gaea machine.

Then your Tsuroll.

EDIT: 3 types of people, those who math and those who don't.

Edited by Enganacious