Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

haha yeah

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/11/kentaro-miura-quits-berserk-to-play-idol-master/

Oh wow, this article was back in 2008, well before his most recent relapse (the first I personally had to wait through), and apparently not the first instance...

Sometimes I feel Berserk at this point has become a vehicle for his own unfulfilled desires in life regarding family. You could say he's married to Berserk, and with marriage you tend end up with children, so basically we start to see multitudes of kids show up in the middle of the Berserk fantasy experience, Gut's acting as the caretaker for these youth. All sorts of childlike antics, pirates and mermaids and things, the stuff you'd normally tell your children but in this case Miura's fictional children actually live it!! Now he's got little wizard girl having a bashful crush on the much older Guts, and the crews heading off to fairy island.

grant morrison writing a comic that's like all of DC comics franchises going together at once in one big multi universal story, or something, idk to be honest it sounds complicated and its prolly meant that way cuz its GM and he's insane

he's my favorite writer so i'm in until it proves it sucks

Ippo is definitely out, yeah.

I wanna say he's not winning this fight too. He definitely shouldn't, anyway. The one thing playing on me is how Kamogawa keeps bringing up the Wally fight. I almost wanna say Ippo was out a couple times there, too, especially when he threw the last punch. He definitely had the same attitude towards the end of that fight, at least. That, or Kamogawa's thinking of the warning Miguel (Wally's coach) uttered after the match, and he just hasn't realized it yet.