Some game I made, AC meets DS

Fragrant

@Yung Epsom Salts Sorry about that, the website was closing for final entries at 11:59, since it was originally meant for Korean publishers I think? I didn't want to risk missing the chance to post, so I posted as soon as I could.

The previous chapter I got time to focus on the wording thanks to the 2 hours that it now takes instead of 5 or more. But last night, only had an hour and a half to put all the text, so I didnt' get a chance to trim it. Especially that big dialogue box when the girl shoots all the lasers. At least, I'm learning what to do, and not do. I kind of felt it was too wordy, but somebody else said of #3 wasn't wordy enough lol. I just gotta refine it.

Nah, in this game, you can get rare stuff not by buying or RNG, but by meeting certain conditions under certain circumstances.

Edit: I don't think I'll trim the text, I'll just leave it like that and just do better for the next time.

Info on game in that story, for anybody that wants to read it, kinda wordy, in case anybody wants to read about it:

An example of how to find rare items in the game in ProGaming: Say if it was armored core, and you beat a well made AC that was using good parts, a high output gen, and a Sawa, and you beat them with a starter AC. AND it shows in the data that you both were practically dodging each others attacks and fighting to your best, and the starter mech wins, you get a rare part as a reward for your hard effort. And the reason for the data scan is to make sure somebody doesn't try to "cheat" their way into these conditions by asking a good friend with a good mech to stand there while their starter mech fires away at them.

And as for the rare part, it wouldn't be something overpowered or that gives them an advantage, but rather hard to use, but you can make work if you make a build that uses it efficiently. To better imagine, let's say it's AC4, and the rare part is say a SOBERO gen from ACFA{but without the high KP output, and EN output more along the lines of the game). It's good and unique, and unlike any other generator, but it still won't make you the best because it's capacity isn't great, but and its KP sucks compared to other gens, but it can still be good if you build for its stats.

OR too put it another way, in that game's universe, the LIT element, which is LIGHT, but I wanted to call it something different, it's opposite element is Obscura(Dark). In the comic, it says normal players wouldn't normally have it, but in high level play, LIT is only uncommon, rather than rare, as theres a good number of players with it at the pro level.

I'm gonna go see if I can trim down the words and still edit after the closing date. : X

To give another example, it's as hard to get as the Dark Sword in DS1 if there wasn't any guides or info telling you that you would get it from being a high level in a certain convenant. The players who happen to join the covenant, stay for a long time, and accidentally meet the requirements will get the sword, then when somebody from the Sun convenant sees it, they'll be all like, "Damn, I wish I had a sword like that," since in normal play, they will never get it since they are in that convenant, unless somebody gave them that item."

But instead of grinding, which I really dislike, it's just by meeting conditions during a fight. I think that is a more dynamic way to give people rare stuff. That way, SOME people will happen to get the item, maybe really skilled players that like to troll people by beating them with weaker builds than theirs, and once they accidentally receive the rare item or power, they will probably give the item away in a trade for whatever they want.

And LIT itself isn't all powerful, as is mentioned a few times, but Lit has a high stat requirement or it cannot be manifested. If your EN capacity is low, but you still have a high Spirit value, you will be able to make a single laser, but you will drain all your available energy unlike other elements. Here's a numbers example showing the minimum stat requirements to be able to produce the smallest of said element.

Energy{default element):

Power: 12, Speed: 12, Impact: 12

Energy cost: 12

Ki:

Power: 15, Speed: 5, Impact: 15

Magic:

Power: 15, Speed: 15, Impact: 5

Fire:

Power: 34, Speed: 2, Impact: 1

Energy cost: 12.3

Water:

Power: 6, Speed: 5, Impact: 27

Energy cost: 12.6

------

Sound:

Power: 2, Speed: 20, Impact: 10

Energy cost: 10.6

Plasma:

Power: 20, Speed:10, Impact: 2

Energy cost: 10.6

------

Lightning

Power: 18, Speed: 29, Impact: 10

Energy cost: 19

Ice:

Power: 26, Speed: 5, Impact: 26

Rock:

Power: 16, Speed: 3, Impact: 38

-----

Holy:

Power: 48, Speed: 18, Impact: 33

Energy cost: 33

Hex:

Power: 33, Speed: 18, Impact: 48

Energy cost: 33

------

Lit:

Power: 100, Speed: 100, Impact: 0

Energy cost: 64

Obscura

Power: 100 Speed: 0, impact 100

Energy cost: 64

------

There is two truly RARE elements in their game, that is only available to CPU's due to their extreme requirements, but available in the turn based version of the game, TIME and SPACE. Although, kind of still up in the air wether they are elements or not.

Again, theseare the minimum stats a technique of each element would require. Basically, Lit at its minimum is like a Karasawa shot, powerful and fast, but very drainy, with high energy costs. And its like everybody has crappy generator stats, so most people will go for the low cost stuff, while if you miss with LIT, your screwed. That's why the girl in the story uses such a hard to pull off strategy. A good player would attack her orb light decoys while avoiding the hologram decoy's attacks, to try to find her, forcing her to use whatever energy she gathered immediately.

She uses the Orb Lights to hide her charging light, which she cannot hide in a invisibility field, which is something she mentions next episode if I get to it.

Lightning, among the mundane elements, has very high stats, and very high impact at its minimum. To simulate how even small lightnings bolts are strong.

Fire is easier to use as it's minimum cost is 12, compared to Lit's 64. People can afford to miss with Fire techniques, and Fire can equal it if the technique by using a stronger technique to match it in intensity for a minimum Lit technique.

People can also combine elements to make something with a mix of both stats. In game, those who can't find the light element will just fuse two elements and try to get a "cheaper" version of light.

It takes creativity to get it though. You can mix up to three or four elements to get unique types. For example, Fire+Rock = Lava. Fire+Rock+Lightning+Water for Metal. It doesn't mean you have all four at the same time, you have to fuse them at your core, if you have all four divided evenly in the energy core, then you have access to all four elements, but they won't be as strong individually and you'll only be able to use low level techniques for each.

A funny fusion, Energy+Rock+Lightning = Magnetism.

Again, in that game in the story, the people who can't get light will just fuse two elements to make something similar, like energy+lightning or energy+fire, which creates something like LIT, but not as highly damaging and not as costly, which is why most players that know about it LIT don't really care for using it, as a simulator lets you see how LIT works, and most casuals won't try to use it, lol. But most skilled players will recognize its competitive use, just like the Karasawa was used in some tourneys in AC.

I have a hard time classifying WIND as to me, its just kinetic energy/waves in the air. Darn my science brain. There's the GAS element, but no WIND, at least until I figure out what Wind truly is.

Sorry for the long post, I'm also writing this for future reference to myself, lol.

Edited by Fragrant

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read the whole thing

i didn't mind it

i would hate that info dump in the comic tho

and no dont go back and change it, just focus on tightening up the writing as you go, there's always ways to be more concise and any good writer strives for that

giolith should have all the elements cuz he is the best

you're on the right track imo, you just need more practice, like with anything really. Keep at it and you'll get better. And its already cool imo so thats already a good thing

mid-high speed prolly

in a lot of games and manga wind tends to be fastest thing aside from lightning and light

even in fiction n what not u get terms like "moving like the wind" as a way to say someone is moving fast

so im with yackson on that; wind could maybe be mid-high impact, mid-high speed, low-mid power. i put ranges just cuz idk how u'd balance it exactly, not cuz i felt it should be between those two points

@Yung Epsum Salts Thanks for reading, yeah, It be terrible to put all that info at once, I've been trying to hint at the system or mention stuff about it though the dialogue while trying not to make it exposition. Yeah, I'll practice any time I get.

Giolith with all the elements? LOL, that reminds me, there was a Bug guy in an old story I wrote that is 82,000 words long manuscript from years ago. He has FOUR elemental swords for each of his arms. He's actually in a pic from 2 years ago, but the link for it is dead, so I'll try to find it the original pic some other time. Also, there is a scene in the story where he fights and uses the 4 elemental blades during a tournament. The fights were probably the good thing that came out of that overly long novel. It suffers more from story and character flaws since its years old, but I might post it on Friday when I get around to looking for the file if anybody wants to read some weird story with interesting action scenes.

As for the book itself, these are the chapters which I copied an pasted from some description I found on google that I left online back in 2009.

1. The Burst

2. Empty Empire

3. Don't be lonely

4. Dangerous opponent from the past

5. Jester Theater

6. Light of Hope

7. Unsenseable

8. Kingdom warriors

9. Twirl of Energy

10. Bug out

11. Mastermind

12. Beastly Allies

13. Flying Fortress

14. Trio

15. Great Vanity

16. Plummet

17. On the trail of truth

18. Frozen Lands

19. Mastermind's Abyss

20. Truth

21. Deity

22. Dawn of Doom

23. Enden

24. Beyond

@TheTalentless Yeah, Wind would fill the missing niche, which is an element with high speed and impact, but low damage. If you look at the list, no element has those qualities, the closest being Sound, but its mostly speed with some impact, Wind would have higher impact and slightly less speed or I could put it in a higher tier so that the speed and impact are higher by default, and would have stats no other element has.

NO element listed with a speed of 20 or greater has an impact above 10. I missed like 2 or 3 base elements, but none were Wind, since it was the hard to classify as I mentioned earlier. I need to find my element chart from two weeks ago later this week.

Edited by Fragrant

i was kidding about giolith im just a giolith stan

what color is he anyways? I am curious

also we don't rly need charts or w/e outside the story, I think if you know how it goes thats best, most times not revealing all inner workings is better because its easier to accept stuff at face value when u dont see past the face

I know, lol, it be hard to use all elements, since theres like 10-20 of them in game.

Giolith? Like a dark grey/dark blue. If you mean the bug guy I mentioned, a dark green.

Here's the description of the guy I mentioned though, from 2009:

:Iggyo has hilts that allow energies to be focused into blades of power. He uses his mastery of Lightning, Wind, Ice, and Fire to make blades of each type. The blade technique of the lightning user is far more advanced than his lightning technique, the lightning bug possessing the ion blade.

The four blade techniques that Iggyo has are Lightning Blade, Wind blade, Heat blade, and Freeze blade. His heat blade is far more advanced than a fire blade, which is very weak. Both his Heat blade and Freeze blade are advanced techniques, however, his Lightning and Wind blades are still primitive due to the unruly power of Lightning and Wind, making them far more difficult to master than the other elements as well as having high energy drain when used."

Lol, even then, I thought of everything in AC terms, since I mention energy drain.

I'm glad I leave character descriptions online, so that I can use years later in some way, easier than keeping it on my drive and losing it later.

I was trying to remember how multi-elements in a character work in a viable way, and I did leave stuff behind for later use, having four hilts, each outputting a different element, is a good way to use multi-elements without fusion.

I've attached an old pic from that time, didn't want to, since it reminds me of how hard I woudl try drawing sometimes only for it to look crappy, and this looks crappy, despite the fact I was trying so hard. I hated those days. I would only randomly get good drawings, but most of the time it just came out crappy.

http://i.imgur.com/yYC1ZLx.jpg?1

I also posted the pic from 2 years ago, where he's in the left corner, it was the last appearance he made in recent times.

http://i.imgur.com/yqprr.jpg

Theres a pic of him with all four arms with the four mentioned elements.

Anyway, reason why I'm really getting into this stuff and why I need the charts is because part of the reason I made the comic was so I could see the game I'm working on more clearly, like so I could see it in action in a way, so I will know how to make it when I actually start work on the game itself.

Edited by Fragrant

I see, yeah, I should probably keep it down low.

I'll let you know when I make a full color pic of him. He does appear in color in episode 03, but you can't see his face, lol.

I might make 2 more episodes, depending on if the site allows further uploading after the closing date of the 30th. But for now, I might immediately resume game making in this side time, probably some time tomorrow, most likely tonight.

Lol, part of the reason I made this comic was off a html project that suddenly had me drawing a comic in this style.{Because the game's art style was what was used in this comic, but it was originally suppose to be game art, but drawing in this style makes me want to draw it as a comic, and I ended brainstorming and got to the point where I wanted to draw the comic, but was resisting, and then the challenge league appears out of nowhere, and I gave in and decided to go through with the comic making. Thats kind of how things happened with this. For the idea, I just went with the thing I couldn't do years ago due to lack of skill.

@Yung Epsom Salts Awesome, yeah, I guess with all those faraway or too close shots, it was hard to notice him before.

Some sketches I might full ink or color later.

"Kikada", just some cicada type characters, could be for the game, or whatever. But all those designs would definately be possible in Formigen. Since around the time of the comic, the "bugs" update had been released, which made it easier for people to make bug type characters. Before, they would have to spend an hour to make something like that. But with the update, it comes with templates putting all the bug related skins, techniques, stats, and other stuff together. So if somebody took the template, they would come up with any of those designs below. They could take it a step further and make it humanoid like that humanoid cicada design in the previous page. Those updates and themed games just save people time on trying to make something look like a particular theme or motif.

http://s20.postimg.org/fsa97rt3h/Kikada.jpg

Oh, and some pokeart, the team I was using a few years back.

http://s20.postimg.org/vf1il56vh/Pokemon_ORAS.jpg

That reminds me, the reason for trying to make an ogre character had something to do with playing Pokemon Diamond, where I got a rampardos, and at the time it had the 2nd highest attack of any mon {471} max. And seeing it in action through out the game made me think it was like an ogre. That mixing with some other stuff at the time, led me to trying to make an Ogre-ish character, I have the first sketch of it ever dating back to like 2009 or 2010, maybe earlier than that. But the first sketch ever I remember looked horrible, since I didn't have enough experience with character design of that type. And Frosslass was probably the reason for trying to look up ice demons and stuff and trying to make a character with that kind of theme, but it wasn't the full influence, I think there was some Bleach influence in that process.

Edited by Fragrant

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, that's true.

Anyway, This here my smoothest lineart in recent times. I always make the breakthroughs when working on fanart. : I

http://s20.postimg.org/63ft7sjkd/Mega_Bisharp.png

http://s20.postimg.org/9go1uid59/Mega_Bisharp50.jpg

Edited by Fragrant

@Yung Epsom Salts @Siri Thanks, my smoothest line art to date definately.

I was gonna do the same for this pic, but then thought I should save it for something else. Anyway, Why do female Machamps not look like women? In the pic, female Machokes look the same as males except for the pig tails and sports bra, but female Machamps are shorter than their male counterpart, and have a high special attack.

http://s20.postimg.org/ylfzaoah9/Macha2.jpg

@Yung Epsom Salts Lol, yeah.

Over the past few days, I wanted to draw a new episode of ProGaming, but I haven't had the time. I'm tempted to use the new, super smooth lineart, but I already ruined the series score since it fell to around 3.4, probably due to people disliking the art.

I would have to start anew if I want to use my best lineart style and make a huge impact from the get go. But it would have to be a remake. I would have to study to make sure its starts off good story-wise this time. I'll use the same characters, but the title will be "Pro!Gamers" as its more eye-catching, lol.

I'm thinking I should at least finish the little story arc of this webtoon, or just wait for the remake before drawing it again.

I don't know when I'll start the remake, either when I'm more financially stable, or if a contest with a huge prize comes up, that will be when I put out the comic, lol. I must make note to use the super smooth lineart for it. It's half as fast as my fastest ink technique, but it appears to have x10 the impact, so it might actually be my best style overall, lol.

I did get a "prize" for the contest, but only because I took the step to participate, I discovered the "essence" of making a good comic. I can't believe I forgot something I knew years ago, that would explain the drastic decline in my designs and skill by my mid-twenties, and why I was partially on to it later, but couldn't quite pin it down, leading to some arts being good, and some being blah. But it's easy to lose the essence if you don't really know how to label it.

Edited by Fragrant

@Yung Epsom Salts Thanks man, I'll make the process so that the text is already done before the art, and can be reviewed separately.

An oldie I got around to finally coloring, I can't say its finished yet though, I need to use that tutorial from earlier in the thread and shade with it.

http://s20.postimg.org/p1l7djcb1/Accelgor_ninpo_20.png