MT's anyone like them over AC's?

I'm a big fan of the MT and would love to see a game based on useing them. I think there over looked cuz there very EZ to kill.

There slow but some are a lot better. If you have a Fav MT post it i would love to see what ppl like.

my fav MT is the CR-MT83RS

Edited by Matchstick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem would be if you played one of the regular mt's you'd just die from an AC and even faster against a Next. Hmmmm so straight up wouldn't probably work in the setting.. maybe Squad based? more like front mission or that 360 Zoids game

Yah. Chromehounds really struck me as an MT based game. A game that focuses on MT's can just be centered, storyline wise, before the advent of the core unit. Then you won't have to worry about Armored Cores. You could even center right around when the Core Unit gets developed. Then you could name the game something like....

Armored MT: Last Zebra

Yeah... I always feel sorry for MT's. They also make me wonder why companies even BOTHER hiring them and heli's. They always just get RAPED Cept for the aerial mt's in like SL and FA... those things were annoying as fuck.

-And it's nice to see a acu member that actually talks about classic as and not other game BS.

• 1 month later...
haveing a MT based AC game would most likly be a hit or miss but i think it would put a new look on the story line if your playing the part of some random MT pilot.

What if the pilot started as an MT pilot then worked up to an AC?

EDIT: I just saw how old this thread is. April? Really?

Edited by Peffse

• 6 months later...

There were some very power MTs in the Generation 1 games. The giant monster MT, and those Unmanned MTs in AC1 to name a few.

Generally speaking, ACs have always been faster, had more firepower and more defense. If MTs were playable in the same game I'd balance them by giving them several times more ammo(to duplicate the almost endless ammo enemy MTs seem to have), making the ammo much cheaper, and making them much, much cheaper to fix. Otherwise I wouldn't have much incentive to use them.

• 5 months later...
Yah. Chromehounds really struck me as an MT based game. A game that focuses on MT's can just be centered, storyline wise, before the advent of the core unit. Then you won't have to worry about Armored Cores. You could even center right around when the Core Unit gets developed. Then you could name the game something like....

Armored MT: Last Zebra

G.

O.

T.

Y.

!!!!!!!!!