Modern Warfare 2

Bakuhatsu Pengin

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love the Barret and then I ran the Intervention for about 2 weeks straight and haven't been able to go back. All of the advantages the Barret has going for it don't amount to the Intervention being the absolute most reliable sniper rifle of the bunch.

I don't know why but I never really got the Intervention to really work for me. Taking out other snipers, sure, but I couldn't reliably hit a moving target w/ that thing. So I stuck with the Barret for a good while, when I gave the Wazoo another chance, and holy crap. That gun is a headshot machine. Not only can I reliably hit a moving target but usually get headshots too. Barret's good, but I'm not going back until I prestige again.

It's probably how you lead your targets if you do or your aim is more of a general area art because the wazoo has slower bullet speed than the intervention. You pretty much have to be spot on and any leads have to be pretty small to put your shots in the right place with the Intervention. It's accuracy and bullet speed are double-edged swords. I would naturally prefer the wazoo or the m21 for their accuracy and rapid-fire capabilities, but i'm too much a fan of immediate results and I'm able to work past the slower reload of the Intervention so I can't really be budged away from my weapon choice. The wazoo is superior in theory, but the Intervention has the results to back it up.

There is a hidden stat for velocity specific to sniper rifles. There is no "pure preference" between the barret and the intervention. Both work very differently and the barret WILL have streaks where it won't work. I've played with both for way to long to know better.

Ok was talking with a buddy when I heard about the sniper rifle bullet velocities and we had an entire discussion on it and everything made sense. But after extensive research I haven't been able to find any proof to back it up. Too bad our conversation just happened to make it all very believable. The game is just hitscan so its a hit if your crosshair is over the body period.

So with that said I'm sure the barret and wazoo just have hit detection issues.

So with that said I'm sure the barret and wazoo just have hit detection issues.

Yeah I've been thinking about this because I'll hit two people in the same spot with the Barrett and it won't kill the second person. I never had this issue with the Intervention. The Barrett says I hit but it doesn't kill which frustrates me when I hit either the upper part of the chest or higher and they run away.

I guess it could just me bitching after using the Intervention for so long haha I don't know if I can use other snipers as well.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

Hey nob, I'm probably not getting the DLC. Two CoD4 maps aren't going to make the horrible match making system, spawn system, bad weapon balance and glitches go away. It's also supposedly $15. I'd have thought about getting it if it was $10, but not that price for this game. All five maps are probably going to have glitches and they aren't even fixing the ones on the initial maps.

when is this DLC coming out? I'm still undecided on getting it.

btw, gg's Kakumei. It was fun, we haven't played in a minute. Not that it's my fault, but sorry about the hardcore TDM haha. Oh, and what about bad weapon balance? I honestly don't see anything wrong with the weapons. My only complaint was the Models, but they patched that. It sucks that AR's overpower SMG's, but it's not like SMG's are unusable.

F2000 and M240 are very bad in comparison to almost everything else in their categories, SPAS is now the best shotgun (not being too far from how M1887 used to be), and yes, assault rifles towering over certain weapons like SMGs. There's probably more I'm forgetting. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal since any of the weapons can do damage provided the player has enough skill to use them, but it still feels ridiculous. It's probably because there's a lot of other things I want to complain about piling on top of it.

I think the DLC is coming out this 30th for the 360 and 30 days later for the PS3.

when is this DLC coming out? I'm still undecided on getting it.

I get to wait a month and see how the map reviews are first (because Bobby K. caters to the greedy). If they're shitty or too much (I suspect $15) then I'm selling MW2 and sticking with Killzone 2, and resistance 3 when it releases.

F2000 and M240 are very bad in comparison to almost everything else in their categories, SPAS is now the best shotgun (not being too far from how M1887 used to be), and yes, assault rifles towering over certain weapons like SMGs. There's probably more I'm forgetting. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal since any of the weapons can do damage provided the player has enough skill to use them, but it still feels ridiculous. It's probably because there's a lot of other things I want to complain about piling on top of it.

I think the DLC is coming out this 30th for the 360 and 30 days later for the PS3.

Can't say much on m240 since I never used it really. RPD all the way. When it comes to f2k tho, the thing is just a bigger SMG. High RoF and same damage. I wouldn't say that it makes it bad per say. I remember someone saying how it's like a headshot machine tho if you aim at center mass. That's pretty dope if you ask me. RDS suck on it tho. Well, the point is, I wouldn't call it bad. Sure, there are better AR's. The problem is that you can't make every single weapon in every single category beastly. It would destroy variety. f2k is sick up close.

I'll give you that the spas is sick too, but I don't think it completely trumps M1014. I also know that akimbo rangers can wreck shit up too. Spas has range, but you might get fucked if you get cornered.

I'll also give you the ARs shitting on all SMGs, but I don't think it's bad balance, cause SMG's are still usable. I don't think if you use SMG you're fucked either. It's just how you use it.

I also don't think the spawn system is that fucked up. People just have to realize that if everybody rushes, or if everybody captures all the flags in domination, the enemy is gonna spawn all over the place. Don't want the opposing team to spawn behind you? Don't try to rush the fuck out of them. Granted, this is easier to manage if you're playing with a full party, but still.

Anyway, I might try out BF2. I don't have the money for it now tho. I'm kinda skeptical for it. The sniper vids I've seen are pretty boring. Just a bunch of dudes hanging out in the side of a mountain picking people off across maps. I don't care about realism either. If I did, I wouldn't be playing a game.