Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually their stuff is 2 mins long or so. They slippin up. I thought it was a commercial at first but I guess if that's full cg then so be it.

This isn't the full OP, just a peek. They'll reveal the full OP on June 6th, I heard.

Man, FROM SOFT needs to just make a CG movie already and make bank.

Yeah, just like Squaresoft! Oh wait...

I'm not so opimistic about this game. the boost mechanics look as though the metagame is going to boil down to a damage racing and jousting vs. hit and run and cover tactics. close range combat would seam to be not allowed given that flanking can be trumped by the ability to create range in whatever direction is needed coupled with the fact that turning speed is fast as hell.

if there isn't any real close range combat I wont be playing it long if at all.

You're not going to be able to get away from people forever. Given the rampant idiocy of players online I'll bet 75% of your opponents will genbust just trying to avoid you once.

oh your probabaly 100% right. I'm sure in no time I will be running rings around all the droves of uncooridnated new players that have no concept of spacial tragectory, however the fact that I KNOW that the games rules forbid such activity at the highest level of play, if in fact the game does turn out like that, is enough for me to NOT waste my time because I see the end goal as being against what I like. why play a game that I know in the end will just boil down to stupidity?

A bit too much splicing of the scenes for me. I want some old fashioned long AC fights in the intro vid! Man though their CGs' realism only becomes better and better with each and every game. I could have sworn I was looking at actual real life scenes in this vid.

You've been saying that since it was announced, homie. I think they could shit in a box and you'd pre-order it if they shaped it into the letters "AC" hahaha.

A bit too much splicing of the scenes for me. I want some old fashioned long AC fights in the intro vid!

If anything, it's more in line with the whole group effort thing they're looking for in MP. A bunch of people doing specific roles instead of one dude punching another dude in the dick.

We need more dickpunching for sure though.

Edited by Ninety

Very cool intro and probably up there with some of my favorites from past games. The cuts in action were a little odd, but I don't think it really detracted from it. FROM manages to put more and more detail in these intros with each release too. I agree with TMRaven, some parts of the vid looked very, very real (especially when the Tank AC is rolling through that alleyway).

I wonder if the music used in the intro will be anything like the in-game soundtrack? I hope so because, from what I've heard so far, I think I'll like it way better than the soundtrack in 4 and FA.