Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I believe that. I have never heard of a next gen game come out as a disc and be anything less than 720p. I should know, cause before I got my hdtv, I had a hard time reading the text to a lot of games on my regular tv because of the resolution difference.

To me, it sounds like Obscure is just trying to instigate shit with pendragon, dissing both sony and armored core at the same time.

That's a definite possibility! My only concern is I don't think Pendragon would bite on that line of reasoning. I would suspect it would have to be more AC-as-a-game related if one were to rile him up.

Like, say, Owen putting a copy of the game in a trash can.

I suppose.

I wouldn't be surprised though, by how their arguments go.

Anywho, I'm not keeping up to date with this thing. I don't feel like going through 51 pages of this thing to get a glimpse of what the game is about. I've only heard that the game will feature an mmo aspect to it. Right now, I'm not sure if I'll be getting this. I'll rent it for sure when it comes out in the US though to see if it's worth it. I'm willing to give it a chance. Hell, I'll be renting ac4 and fa just so I can say "yeah, I played that shit".

EDIT: Ok, wow. I went to the first page to see if they summarized what it's happening with this game and I saw that pic of the game in the trash haha. Pen was all death threats with it.

Edited by Ethos

Not all games run at 720 even.

I find it funny because the consoles were originally touted as running natively at 1920x1080, when maybe 10 games do.

Excerpts:

Call of Duty: Black Ops = 960x544 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare = 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 = 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: World at War = 1024x600 (2x AA)

Duke Nukem Forever = 1152x640 (no AA)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot = 1024x768 (2xAA, temporal)

Aliens Vs Predator = 1120x630 (custom AA)

Call of Duty: Black Ops = 1040x608 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare = 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 = 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: World at War = 1024x600 (2x AA)

Duke Nukem Forever = 1152x640 (no AA)

Project Gotham Racing 3 = 1024x600 (2xAA)

Sonic Unleashed = 880x720 (2xAA)

Splinter Cell: Conviction = 1024X576 (2xAA)

Maybe slowpoke, but I don't think cannons can be hangered.

I looked through the screenshots and saw no ACs with cannons on the hangar slots. If that's true, it's going to mean players are going to have one hell of an interesting choice to make regarding their weapon choices. But this also means cannons are going to have to be suitably powerful to compete with alternating choices.

There are no back weapons in ACV, unless OWs count. We haven't gotten a good look at any of them in the new set of info.

The weapons on the shoulders switch out with the current handheld weapon, and it looks like cannons may not be able to be mounted on the shoulder racks.

Edited by Griffon

^ Sounds like sarcasm, but unsure on the internet.

It makes sense to me now. I just originally thought shoulder weapons as extensions really. But man if that's the case cannons better be worth it.

Edited by Duronix

Please excuse me. That wasn't sarcasm in the least. I genuinely wanted to have 6 weapons on my AC.

IF shoulders are the new back though, I guess there's little that can be done. I just hope SOMETHING goes on the back of the AC. They'd feel too forward heavy if not.

But from what I gathered. Your arm weapons switch with your hangered weapons. Your "shoulder weapons" are just reserved for missiles and rockets.

This throws my plans out the window. I'm not sure what my staple is going to look like now.

Edited by Duronix

Ethos, if you want a summary on ACV information you should hit up the ACV summary topic here on the site. This topic is just for news and discussion pertaining to ACV. It's not actually a summary topic. The summary topic is here. Just skip the write-up section and scroll straight down to the confirmed information section.

Also, OWs take up your hangar slots to equip (afaik).

Current Known AC Layout

--------------------------------------------------

Frame:

Head / Core / Arms / Legs (Bipedal, Reverse Joint, Quadruped, Tank)

Internals:

FCS / Booster / Recon Unit / Generator

Armaments:

Arm Unit / Shoulder Unit / Hangar Unit

Pendragon is just doing a bad job of saying that AC's without back weapons aren't going to have symmetrical profiles. I can't believe the amount of arguing/bickering/trolling that occurs because people don't know how to decipher the meaning behind what someone says.

Pendragon is just doing a bad job of saying that AC's without back weapons aren't going to have symmetrical profiles. I can't believe the amount of arguing/bickering/trolling that occurs because people don't know how to decipher the meaning behind what someone says.

Read the goings on of this website. It's impossible to accurately determine 100% of the time when people here are and aren't being serious. After 412 posts I just assume the answer is always that they aren't.

In that same vein: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

Recon unit?

I think they said at some point that radar is an internal part now.

Edited by Lenin

No, there is no radar now, the closest thing is scan mode. There are inside parts called Recon units which I think do a small scan in a certain area, but IDK if the pilot gets the benefit of that scan as well or if it only shows up for the operator.

im pretty sure that the players benefit directly from going into scan mode

i dont know if i like the idea of having no back units either. all arm units sounds weird, since back units were in AC since AC1 and all

it looks like weapon change time might take longer too going off of those garage videos, making it harder to react to a situation fast enough

hopefully in-game the weapon swap isnt as slow