Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't kill your character in the tutorial, haha. I just kicked him in the head and he stopped, so it's not a requirement to get hit by his blade or anything. Plus the tutorial mission is a repeat of mission #08. It's the same mission, but cut-up and toned down to fit a starter AC. That's why it's the tutorial mission, haha.

Besides that, I don't know. I haven't played any of the story missions myself besides 00, 01, 08, and 09. I've only played 08 and 09 because I was hired to do them as a merc.

I ranked our team up to one gold plate, btw.

So everyone, I reserved my copy of ACV and cannot wait to play it. But I recently straight up quit the PSP versions because of lousy controls and am really hoping that the new reboot of AV didnt fuck up the controls. Can you guys comment on the new control schemes? Pros and cons?

I like the default control scheme in ACV, haven't had a single problem with it. If you end up not liking it though I think it lets you change it to whatever you want. Not sure though.

He doesn't kill your character in the tutorial, haha. I just kicked him in the head and he stopped, so it's not a requirement to get hit by his blade or anything. Plus the tutorial mission is a repeat of mission #08. It's the same mission, but cut-up and toned down to fit a starter AC. That's why it's the tutorial mission, haha.

Besides that, I don't know. I haven't played any of the story missions myself besides 00, 01, 08, and 09. I've only played 08 and 09 because I was hired to do them as a merc.

I ranked our team up to one gold plate, btw.

RD is just one guy? I always thought it was an organization. huh....

Anyways you got a gold plate? Just one? Dang I was hoping someone would have 2 so they could say what the requirement is. I'm guessing I just need more territories but I was hoping 2 would be enough for a second plate.

So everyone, I reserved my copy of ACV and cannot wait to play it. But I recently straight up quit the PSP versions because of lousy controls and am really hoping that the new reboot of AV didnt fuck up the controls. Can you guys comment on the new control schemes? Pros and cons?

The defaults suck but you can and should change them and you can even remove categories as well to make your control scheme fit.

spoiler: R D is the kid who is with the operator in most of the missions, hes closely related to the resistance leader and the operator as far as I know, I think the operator is the leader's daughter as she does call him otoh-san [father] after that jester kicks his AC. R D Steals that mech later.,. /spoiler but that's as far as I can figure out. though I did make an AC thats as close to his as possible, because the grindblade is really fun to work with.

You unlock R D's emblem for beating all of the order missions. Unless that is the resistance leader's emblem.

As far as I know, in mission 00 you help stop the Leader figure, but after that he's your CO.

As for control scchemes, I run with basic, the only thing I have a bit of trouble with is backwards knee charges

Edited by ^Slaanesh

hey guys, my copy is finally on my hand (well on my ps3 really), i've been toying with the "junk" AC. on monday i'll be online to join the ACU team. question. what the difference on the junk, fixed and performance parts?.

Junk is starter AC parts, they are heavier and less reliable stats wise.

Fixed parts wont get better, while performance parts canbe leveled up, per se

I need vids plzkthxbai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ke7elOeb0

Not the best quality, but the third mech I use is a lightweight reverse leg with 2 snipers and middle missiles. I have 2 more vids not uploaded yet that have the same one fighting against the other 2 test AC too.

Is there a topic to put videos? Because I feel there should be.

Edited by Mushinronja