Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Hot dammit people get a grip. I swear you guys worry to damn much. You'll have enough teams and people to play with. The NA server is shared with the EU. AC has never been a AAA title so don't get stupid and sit there thinking that sales will depict the amount of players per console. Yeah new commers will jump in but us old vets will be buying the game too, From never been the type of company to cancel a game especially AC just because of poor sales, there's passion in that company. Look at tenchu, shit they still recently released a PSP version despite the series being dead. If this was Activition owning Fromsoftware, then hell yeah AC would've been discontinued back in AC1. Word of mouth will sale this game even more than what Namco B is doing advertising it. People will catch on how in depth and good this game is. I have like 3-4 friends that never played an AC game in their lives telling me how cool this game is and that their buying it. If and when the reviews start popping up I'm pretty sure it's going to be like Demon Souls...Crazy good out of no where. For all you End of the World pessimist that think there won't be no one to play with, how about you just don't get the game that way your life is just a little less worry free...Gosh(Napoleon Dynamite).

What he said... I have 20+ people who haven't touched the 4 series on my friends list that will be picking up the game. And I'm adding new people to get them setup with the demo everyday, most of which are people who have barely played AC. I'm also getting them setup with my team to give them the support they need for a new player jumping into the AC scene. I prefer a team that can chill well together and have fun and get better. Winning is nice, but what fun is winning if you aren't challenging yourself. :(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I may have brought about a rather negative atmosphere - perhaps it's the weather...

Regardless of how the promotion is going, I'm mind very excited to play - hopefully with and/or against everyone here at some point. I think that's what's bumming me out; this game has a lot of potential. I want to see it realized.

I think, in terms of lifespan, there is definitely more to keep play interesting here than AC4 or ACFA.

--

I've never participated competitively in AC, but am interested to watch how things develop in that regard.

Edited by xiliquiern

ACU team on JP ACV is already almost 20 people big and we have quite a few people who haven't imported but are going to be buying the NA version when it releases. I'd imagine NA ACU team will be 20 people buff within the first 2-3 days of NA release. Considering the number of people I know who want to join the team, we may have to start a wing team immediately with NA release. Hahaha.

ACU team on JP ACV is already almost 20 people big and we have quite a few people who haven't imported but are going to be buying the NA version when it releases. I'd imagine NA ACU team will be 20 people buff within the first 2-3 days of NA release. Considering the number of people I know who want to join the team, we may have to start a wing team immediately with NA release. Hahaha.

The same goes for my team. I'm pulling people who have been working with me to get the demo, so I've probably got to start an overflow team as well within the first few days.

I have a quick suggestion. Hey Niji if you can, it would be pretty cool seeing how ACV consist of teams if we had the option to add our team name in our ACU profile, you know like under your PSN/Live ID.

On a side note;

I have a big imagination so work with me. When I start a team this is what it'll consist of

•The main team will consist of the top 5 AC pilots in our overall team of 20

•That particular team will have no leader but 3 will be the commander of the other 3 sub-teams to balance strength out.

•The other 2 will be "Coordinators" in the main team, (choose who goes where and what type of gameplan to use according to the match). Exp- Let's say I'm a coordinator in our team and I see we have a Defending match to do, well as coordinator I'll appoint a gameplan. Let's say 2 iU (infantrating Unit), 1 GS (Guardian/Safety), and 1 SA-D/O (Support Assist-Defence/Offence). So according to the setup, 2 pilots (iU) will be rushing in within range of pilot #3 (SA-O) that will be "Supporting" them with Sub comp, jammers, sentry guns etc. Or in another instantce where in this case pilot #3 will be (SA-D), Assisting them with a Sniper canon, rail gun, extra backup infantry (Heavy AC or Tank), etc. Pilot #4 will be GS which he's role is to guard the SA-D/O or play as safety which is be under immediate orders of the operator weather is to flank, switch positions and help out the iU's.

•The Sub-Teams can have their own emblems for their team.

•Every month there will be a oportunity for whoever wants in into the top team. If a member from a sub team has gotten real good and wants in the main team, he/she must beat a member of the top team 2 out of 3 in a 1vs1. If he or she succeeded then it's a switch and the member from the top team falls to the sub-team. Do not get it confused, sub teams doesn't mean they're bad, just means that you are at a lower tier in skill level and there's room for improvement, that's what the commanders are there for.

Ok so that was my little ACV Team based battle plan. Determined on the match we'll run different gameplans, determined by our members we'll have votes on whatever. Help each other in Co-op...etc

WTF I can't wait :/

One minor comment about you promotion idea, Ultibreaker. 1 - 1 might not be the best "judge" to pick out players, they'd basically slap two rifless and damage race to death rather than play their "roles" in a squad.

If anything I'd probably suggest some kind of judging panel ( yes like [country]-Idol ) or a referrer that recommends promoting a member to the official team. Of course I assumed the one in charge/organizer of the wing team to be a former main-team member assigned to train new bloods.

Then again, if I really want to guess how it plays out at release: every rush jumps into ACU team at first and once that's been filled the remaining ones might start their own factions and few of the ACU move to their friends of factions with "cooler name/emblem"

Though I'm hoping that we stick to ACU wing-teams to round up all the International players into joining the forums first before we all go making clans and rivalries.

One minor comment about you promotion idea, Ultibreaker. 1 - 1 might not be the best "judge" to pick out players, they'd basically slap two rifless and damage race to death rather than play their "roles" in a squad.

If anything I'd probably suggest some kind of judging panel ( yes like [country]-Idol ) or a referrer that recommends promoting a member to the official team. Of course I assumed the one in charge/organizer of the wing team to be a former main-team member assigned to train new bloods.

Then again, if I really want to guess how it plays out at release: every rush jumps into ACU team at first and once that's been filled the remaining ones might start their own factions and few of the ACU move to their friends of factions with "cooler name/emblem"

Though I'm hoping that we stick to ACU wing-teams to round up all the International players into joining the forums first before we all go making clans and rivalries.

Yeah the whole judging team quality in 1v1s is a terrible idea. There are many teams with terrible individual skills, but great team skills. And I'll be running my own crew of peepz to teach and get into the AC series. Rather than having a quality team early game I'd rather spend my time helping people get up to par at least.

yeah, they died like what almost 2 yrs ago?

lol tells you how long its been since I played the game with any sort of seriousness.

Edited by GodlyPerfection

I have a question unrelated to the rest of the stuff you guys were talking about: Is it possible to have a quick, close range, ground based, quad-leg AC like Redrum from AC4A? Well I know you can make one like that, but I want to know if it is effective.

Quad-legs seem to mainly aerial types now though.

I have a question unrelated to the rest of the stuff you guys were talking about: Is it possible to have a quick, close range, ground based, quad-leg AC like Redrum from AC4A? Well I know you can make one like that, but I want to know if it is effective.

Quad-legs seem to mainly aerial types now though.

Definitely. Barrettiel runs quite a few and he is a pretty top notch player.

Quads have the highest precision as everyone kept pointing out so I could slap chainguns and dash around if I was crazy enough.

And you're not the only one with that hope, Mushinronja. I'm kinda hoping to somehow find a tag team partner eventually to have like syncronized tactics/ACs

I kind of see where you guys are coming from in terms of the judging. My outlook on that is you are not being judged, overall the focus is to encourage members to be better if they want a chance to be in the top team for that month. Anyone can slap on dual battle rifles or whatever they feel is cheap but actual skilled players can react and win because of their "skills". I remember I use to run 1 vertical missile, 1 rifle and 1 canon, that's it. I remember playing an obviously super fast tank (Jap) with dual Marvs, VTF missiles, and I think flares. Super f***ing Jap cheap, with 50k + AP. Yeah I lost the first 2 rounds but it was close. After altering my approach to beat her(yes it was a female Jap), I beat her 2 times and we left it 2-2. I won ACO tournaments with the same set-up against plenty of dual rifile hores or whatever. Not saying I'm the best blah blah blah, but skills consist of waaaay more than just weaponry. Whoever is on that top team won't be there because he's AC has dual karasawas or super defense everything but because he know how to use that to the finest and thats who we need in that top team to have a greater chance of victory (not guarantee). Our team will not be made over night, it'll probably take a month or 2. We are going to carefully select players not just let them join for the fun of it. I'm talking about the top team. Anyone is welcome to join in the sub teams and hopefully learn and get better with their commanders. I'm looking for that main headline top rank team baby!!! Our team emblem the second you start up your game XD lol

I know what you're saying, Ultibreaker. I'm just pointing out ( GP as well ) that the AC the person uses in team wars is 90% going to be different than what is used in 1 on 1. For example if I was say.... a Movement/Generator jammer person in the squad so I could make the job of our squad's Sniper Cannoneer ( ehh, sounds legit ), going toe to toe against say... a Tank pilot is definitely a mismatch of team "roles" just to squeeze into the main team. Or maybe there's no category for a certain pilot type to compare?

I didn't say it won't work, just that it's kinda... let's just say not entirely accurate way of measuring.

Besides, if a certain tactic works in a certain squad, there's no guarantee the "main" team would benefit the same way. Much like sports team players, top players in the mediocre teams won't bring trophies out of nowhere.

I am damn disappointed that parts aren't labelled :/ no more Corp/Co.-exclusiveness ness like Mirage and Eqbal/Algebra.

I have a quick suggestion. Hey Niji if you can, it would be pretty cool seeing how ACV consist of teams if we had the option to add our team name in our ACU profile, you know like under your PSN/Live ID.

That is a very good idea. I will be sure to add that to the profile soon actually. I'll make it display under your avatars in posts too.

Also, ACU teams shouldn't ever really fill up. Wing teams will be made when the team hits about 15 members. We'll break off about 5-10 members into a new team from the core team, so both teams remain relatively open for others to join. Once a month or so has passed we'll reorganize the teams so that the really competitive players are on one team or in more focused team wings to suit them, while the more co-op/mission friendly players are on another team. Most competitive players don't like the idea of inactive or non-competitive players being on the team, so that's probably the best way to maintain calm teams that work well internally. It'll definitely be interesting to see competition between the wings too, though. I'll also need to recruit people who can lead the wing teams, since I can't possibly be the leader for all of them.

If I can't get a 360 in time for NA ACV release then I'll probably have to have one of you guys make team ACU on it and run it for me on that end.

Well yeah the AC of your choice for a 1vs1 should be something you're comfortable and appropriate for the matchup exp-not a tank with every weapon in the game against a lightweight with just 1 pistol. Your role in a team doesn't determine what you use forever in that team. I'm pretty sure let's just say myself (prefer to be an iU) its going to have many roles according to how the coordinator sets it up. Because of my style (hypothetically) of most of the time being an iU he'll put me in as a GS (Guard/Safety) and call on me if need be or just stay guarding the pilot assigned to SA-D/O (Support Assist- Defence/Offence). Your role in the team doesn't mean what you can or cannot use in a 1vs1.

Well yeah the AC of your choice for a 1vs1 should be something you're comfortable and appropriate for the matchup exp-not a tank with every weapon in the game against a lightweight with just 1 pistol. Your role in a team doesn't determine what you use forever in that team. I'm pretty sure let's just say myself (prefer to be an iU) its going to have many roles according to how the coordinator sets it up. Because of my style (hypothetically) of most of the time being an iU he'll put me in as a GS (Guard/Safety) and call on me if need be or just stay guarding the pilot assigned to SA-D/O (Support Assist- Defence/Offence). Your role in the team doesn't mean what you can or cannot use in a 1vs1.

I think we are trying to point out that some players are terrible in 1v1s, but some of the best team players you will ever get. How I plan on doing things is instead just learning what everyone is good at and adapt to who is on the team at the time. I'll more than likely be filling operator role when we have teams of five ready to go so that is what I plan on doing. I never liked the idea of segregating different skill levels. Competitive vs Friendly co-op players is fine, but competitive players don't really appreciate being sorted by skill.

^ What he said.

IMO 2v2 and 4v4 would do enough for the aptitude tests and practice. I think 2v2 is good if you want to see where a teammate excels at, assuming they play as a team. Then 4v4 could probably applied on how good can that member apply his specialty.

Honestly I'd forget about who's more skillful than who, and focus on who works better with who, employing different players based on their 'forte' situation.

Edited by Red Shirt (Grayscale)