Music in Armored Core V

Griffon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woooooooow, I completely forgot about that song. Man, it really has some great airiness/atmosphere to it, really deep sounding with a great soundstage.

I still think there's a couple more I like moreso than it from the silent line ost, but man I gotta say it's up there. Hats off to Tsukasa Saitoh.

Last Raven needed to do more to convey a sense of dread, or to make a player nervous and express that unlike previous games you are not doing your unique brand of dispute resolution, no, you're in a struggle against your very peers for survival, that the stakes were high and that the unexpected lurked in every corner. People were going to die.

There were very few tracks that put this to effect

5 point Five sort of expressed it, but only with that solemn instrument in the beginning.

I guess The Game did too to a bit.

The Game kinda feels like 'Business as usual'

The second menu/garage theme: nervousness sets in, this is serious.

The Third one tries to express 'The end is nigh, you're unsure of what's to come"

Ninebreaker was prolly the worst OST. although it had a pretty cool menu/menu intro

Edited by Densuo

I must be a freak then, I happen to like NB's BGMs. Even have the whole collection on my laptop >.>

If I were to pick favorites, would probably be Silent Line's and Nexus' BGMs for a more rush-to-victory kind of theme. Defensive missions would be better from AC3 and some of the old classic AC1 era BGMs.

AC4 and AC4A are a world of their own. And I never played AC2/AA ( didn't get my PS2 till they stopped selling copies of those )

• 6 months later...

My favorite tracks from AC1 which I would like to see similar renditions of in ACV would be Circulation, Complete physical (all time favorite) and that track when you would fight enemy AC's, like the "Red AC" for instance, who attacks the train.

Btw, the trailer to ACV has an almost terminator feel to it in terms of music.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9fnyVD7eL4&feature=related&fb_source=message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDvIkqapC84

Ah I actually liked the overdosed chanting in FA, though I was raised in a Baptist church so I find it fun to listen to choirs without all the GOD GOD GOD BLAH BLAH BACON!! GOD IS BACON BLAH BLAHH AAAAAH!!

Not to mention the crazy people that get all hullabaloo acting like they "got the spirit" in them or something.

However I do admit they could have gone with some more variety. Having a version of the songs without the chanting over them, especially Remember, I'd really like to hear that one without the chanting.

Edited by Ogawa L.A