Music in Armored Core V

Griffon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And be legit enough to make the soundtrack for a game! Ha

Well given what I could find I'd say that explains why Kota Hoshino took over with MoA. They probably just had some close friends make the soundtrack, or probably produced the music themselves and made up that name as a joke.

I think Hoshino has proven himself to be quite flexible. Think he's as good as Uematsu?

Not in the least. There's no comparison between the two.

MoA had stellar music.

So when someone gets the AC5 soundtrack send it my way! I haven't heard anything from it yet but I'd like to hear the music.

I was of that opinion as well. Though I like Kota Hoshino's work over the series as a whole. Uematsu level composer would be to perfect, not that I would seriously complain but something about having a composer who is more of a rockstar/DJ rather than a Orchestral Master fits the unfluid feel of the games. "You want it to work then you gotta make it work." Incedently what puts most people of the series and yet at the sametime which draws them into dark souls? The look on my face when reviewer complaints about AC were exactly the same as the complements for the DS series.

I just remember how OP H+ blade waves where in AC1-MoA just now.

Yeah and the 2nd blade has the three split wave.

And, the moonlight had the explosion on contact with it's blade wave which they gave to the new high powered short beam sword. At least that's the case for the NX-LR series.

You had to remind me of the nightmares of going toe to toe with moonlight equipped ACs...

Project Phantasma's arena was really a scary experience, the qual legged AC that was either nick named spider or scorpion ( can't remember no more ) which had a very dark paint scheme, scared the crap outta me when it abused the Moonlight's wave at rifle range. 2000~4000AP damage per wave, almost as bad as being hit with a grenade launcher.

Old School quags used to be like magically smaller, or atleast that's how I remember it.

They sure did like to sink in with their legs closer to the ground when the moved, they really didn't add that graphical aeshetic in the newer games at all. Or at least it wasn't as pronounced as it was with the PSX games

Quads did look a bit small back in those days of MOA and PP. Heard the so called album on youtube. It was nice.

Btw in AC1 through PP Moonlight blade wave does 3000 to 4000 AP damage. 5000 if you aint got no energy defense but then again defense was a bit different.

So many new remixes of old songs.

Artificial Sky Shape Memory Effect gets me stiff.

I don't like it. They just threw a guitar and some percussion on top of the original song, then had a rough transition into shape memory alloys. Eventually it turns into mud.

I don't like it. They just threw a guitar and some percussion on top of the original song, then had a rough transition into shape memory alloys. Eventually it turns into mud.

Ehhhh, the guitar ruins it for me. I sort of like it, not much though.

I believe this may be a battle theme of some sort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdHRlLDy44

I believe this may be a battle theme of some sort.

Too happy for my tastes. Sax is cool though, sort of gundam-esque. Song reminds me of Ninebreakers intro theme which I did not care for.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQFwoivUuyE

Edited by Niji

• 3 weeks later...

Reprises Album is on iTunes. Sad I hate mainstream music selection, they never really have everything that I'm looking for not even groups like TV on the Radio or Reconteurs and they aren't exactly underground.

I want that track from ACV with the trumpets and what not, that sounds like real battle music. You guys think that the official soundtrack will be available in the NA region this time around?

I doubt it. We hardly even get soundtracks for our own large franchises.

They all need to open up and sell the product so I can shove my money down their throats. I always felt annoyed how even if their is an official soundtrack they almost always manage to forget a song or two. And it almost always has to be the one song your looking for. I'm guessing with the feature of playing your own music in games they'll probably consider it less and less important to even bother with any original music at all. Given the possible evolution of games it would make sense if it came to that conclusion. At least for games where mutliplayer is the main focus anyways.