Music in Armored Core V

Griffon

Now, music in the Armored Core series has never been a low point. But with so little info on AC5 so far, we don't even know what the music in this game will be like. The music throughout the series has gone through a lot of different styles. From the upbeat techno from AC1-2, to the dark orchestrations of AC3-SL, to the... noise in LR, to the more rock-ish feel Nexus and AC4 had. What would you guys personally like to hear set the scene in AC5? Oh, and bonus points for providing examples. :P

Personally, since AC5 is supposedly to have a more grounded, realistic feel (6-bladed rotary thermal chainsaw notwithstanding) I think a slightly more subdued soundtrack would serve the game well. I think something like the score from 2008's Death Race could fill in for a lot of the games menu. For example,

could suit the main and mission select menus well, while the AC customization menu could be, appropriately enough, Meet The Monster. (Sorry I couldn't find a better version, but you can still hear the music well enough, and it gives a good idea of why I think it would fit that particular part.)

Now you may think I'm crazy, but for missions I feel that Frank Klepacki's work on the classic C&C games can be varied enough for a variety of different missions, given that the sound be updated so it doesn't sound so MIDI. Some of the faster, action oriented missions could benefit well from a sound like Score or

, while other slower tracks like Depth Charge, Creeping Upon, or Heroism would be great for slower, more low-profile missions, with the music picking up to drastically heavier stuff like metal, techno, or industrial when encountering another AC.

Now I'm not saying the songs that I listed are exactly the ones that should be used, but that they provide the right feel and tone for what I would like AC5's soundtrack to be. What do you guys think?

Edited by Griffon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they played AC5 music during the Kawate Max 100 Murder thingy. Their most recent live broadcast. I watched the entire thing and they never commented on it, but everyone the livechat discussed the new AC'ish music that was in the background. We were all kinda confused and I noticed some people at the event were surprised, too. They were probably busy babbling too much to hear it, tho.

It was some mellowish ACish tune, tho. I'll see if I can find it when they put the video of the event up. I definitely enjoyed it and hope the tunes follow what I heard, anyway. Fkn FS is being so ridiculously quiet about AC5. They've never been like this, afaik. It better rock my socks off.

D=

I can see the game having classical music but probably with only certain missions and i can see them only being played during night missions(If night missions are there for AC5). Either way i think it would be nice to hear. Maybe a mix of classical and trance techno music. That sound is very nice to hear IMO. :P

AC5 looks like a game where agression is involved unlike ACFA or AC4, you've seen the AC OB into an MT or soemthing and tear it appart just by hitting it, if gameplay is really going to be like that I'd like

The classical music post was a joke, but it should include Guile's theme.

• 7 months later...
I've never had an issue with the techno stuff from the original series, there's always a track or three I like in each ost. as long as the music fits the mood I'm fine with it. but for the sake of the whiners, custom music.

AC1~MoA then again in AC3.

Actually I missed the tunnel bug infestation thing... or better yet, fighting biological weapons cause FROM has the whackiest ideas that are still epic.

Music wise, I really doubt we'll get disappointed with their BGM, they never fail ( not even Last Raven, I got hooked with a number of beats there )