Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's a mechanic that was carried over from Demon's Souls-- moves get queued up. It can help you directly roll out of an attack to avoid damage, but can also hurt you if you like to spam attacks and you're always bottoming out your stamina. It really honests you up when it comes to button mashing.

I'm not button mashing though =(

It's inconsistent when it happens. Sometimes it happens when I have my shield up and sometimes it happens when I'm just standing there. Either way I'm not getting hit or finishing a previous action when it happens.

It's also happening when it should as well after some shielded hits that seem to stun the character a little more like the dog lunges.

Edited by Rachis

I haven't had any problems like that, aside from me pressing a button one too many times cuz I panicked or lost my concentration.

Owen I wiped out the vagina dragon and I haven't bothered levelling so I ended up staying SL25 and having like 35k-40k in souls on me. We need to catch you up so we can go into Blighttown together! I won't level up in the meantime, unless I'm forced to or something.

That force push miracle is kinda shitty, huh?

Guess I gotta go find that Qualude bitch next and stomp her ass.

It stopped so my timing was probably off a few times and I never even knew it.

That vag drag ended up being a lot easier than I figured it would be. It will be a long time before I can use the Great Dragon Axe though. 50 strength requirement is pretty steep. At SL32 now and making my way around Blighttown. I dislike it just as much as I did World 5 in Demon's Souls lol.

But uh yeah I think I will call it a night after getting most of the treasure from the bottom area. Tomorrow will be boss whoopins!

Blighttown is just like world 5 because it has a poisonous swamp I hated it lol(not as much as Tomb of the Giants). Also the little pea-shooter guys that spit poison darts from a distance are quite obnoxious. One dart could probably poison you, I was wearing thief's armor and so I had some resistance, also the Veltka guy at the first bell tower sells a poison resistance ring so you might want to pick it up. Another ring you want to have is the rusty iron ring, I don't remember where you get it but it allows you to move at normal speed in the swamp water or any other floor the restricts movement.

I found two awesome spells from demon's souls in the painting world inside Anor Lando; Acid cloud which is now named Acid Spray but it only has two casts. Fire Spray(Has 80 cast points) is the other spell I found in the painting world which went through some changes, it looks more like a flamethrower than little fire balls and you can't actually "run" around with it either, only walk while casting it AND you have to be really close. Both these spells are Pyromancy, which is useful for me as I have a pryoflame +10. I was curious though does Intelligence increase just spells or both spells and pryomancy power? Also there's black miracles and regular miracles, does faith increase both or one?

Edited by Kaleidoscope

Before, Faith increased Miracle Power, and Intelligence raises Spell Power, correct. They kept it the same as before. Also, just like before, the biggest drop point in gains is 50 for those two stats.

Yeah vag dragon wasn't that hard really it's just a matter of taking your time and not letting its slow ass land an actual hit. I noticed too it seems to have some scripting problems. It'll do really stupid stuff mid-fight.

Yeah mine actually gyrated in one of its jumps lol.

I died to it once though because I had forgotten about it's stampede attack so one of the times I attacked it I was in front of it's back right leg and it just trampled over me lol. Also I didn't see it's stomp attacks at all so maybe the fight was a little easier because of that.

And yeah those blowdart snipers also fire darts at a pretty nice pace. You basically need to see them coming or you are sorta screwed. I went in prepared though. I hate poison in this game so I bought 10 purple moss clumps.

Also if you want a shield with good resists it's looking like the Crystal Shield is the best way to go. 100/60/80/80 for only 14 strength and 4000 souls. You kinda pay for it in weight though, but right now I don't have anything better than Havel's Ring and Ring of the Evil Eye so my equip load is taken care of.

Edited by Rachis

I think I'm going to go the raw (quality) route again for my first character although the stat modifiers aren't as good this time around so I don't know how it will compare. Either way I still have a lot of Vitality and Endurance to buff until I bother buffing my Strength/Dexterity. I also picked up the Power Within spell so that should be handy for later.

[edit] If you continue down into the Demon Ruins after beating Kellogg spider ho you can pick up the Gold Hemmed armor set and it has BALLIN defense for the wait. Plus you look like death. It's pretty rad.

Edited by Rachis

I just joined the Everlasting Dragons. The Dragon Head Stone is fun. I didn't get the Dragon Torso Stone after offering the 2 scales though so I don't know what's up with that.

[edit]Nevermind just found out from the guide that I need 20. Awesome!

Edited by Rachis

I just merc'd that idiot qualude and joined her sister. She looks kinda hot except for the whole spider body and shit. Maybe I can test out her DSL. We'll see.

I'm SL38 if anyone wants a helper

Oh and joined her covenant cuz damnit if these fire spells don't make me smile

Yeah pyromancy is pretty awesome

Also the hydra in ash lake killed itself. I was coming back from the stone dragon to have this mighty showdown and it just disappeared as it was jumping over the sandbanks and then I got 10000 souls..for nothing.

Edited by Rachis

Demon's Souls probably would've been your thing then. Dark Souls definitely requires a larger time investment. For what the game is though, it's phenominal. There's so much content!

Finally got a Black Knight Sword. Just need like 40000 more souls to get my strength to one hand it.

Yeah I was stuck with that thing for awhile. I was even considering buffing up a standard weapon, but I didn't really have the stats for what I had. I've found some pretty sweet stuff and imagine I could do some damage with the Gargoyle's Halberd, but the Drake sword just beats early weapons no problem. Unless you have Noob's luck. It took me 4 Black Knights to get the damn thing.

My really good drops have 50 strength requirements or close to it so I think I'm just going to run a strength character on this guy so I can see how those bigger weapons do on damage.