Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go to new londo for awhile. That place kicked my ass the most so far. I didn't have the souls to buy transient curses to fight them with. My body is still sitting in there somewhere. A lost cause.

I am way of white now until its time to switch to gravelord. I know my faith file will be warrior of the sun, and idk about my dex file yet...leaning towards sun again, maybe darkmoon, and my mage will be uhhh idk.

I'm not entirely sure how much I'll get to play tonight, maybe only a couple hours (2ish?) since one of my dogs threw up on my bed at 3 am and totally fucked up my sleep cycle. Your boy is all depleted and shit right now. Not a good look. I also wanna watch Jersey Shore, I think that's on tonight idk.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Lately I've been using the parry dagger and I'm really impressed with it, its parry motion is extremely quick and lasts a second in case your timing was off. I've also been looking for large shards of titanite to upgrade my scimitar to +10 so I can make the chaos witch blade from quelaag's soul the stats are decent it's just the animation of the blade that looks sick.

If anyone has it on 360 I'll be on this weekend because I'll be at a friends house.

for new londo, i got a frog to curse me and then i farmed transient curses off the ghosts, then bought the curse cure and went through most of it

i wouldnt recommend doing it until you get a weapon that can OHKO the ghosts though.

my biggest problem so far has been the catacombs. skeletons murder me and i cant figure out how to stop them from respawning. the fact that i dont get souls for killing skeletons is pretty gay too

EDIT: your character is dope

Edited by noob

Does it persist after it's cast? And if it does kill me it won't do the trick currently. Assuming that body I left in New Londo is even there still. I have no idea anymore. Screw it it was only like 3-4k souls and 2 humanity.

Oh, and here's a question for anyone since I'm at work: does anyone know if you can get Solaire's stuff without murdering him? I want his armor but he seems like a nice guy so I didn't want to butcher him, although for this file I might just do it anyways.

The guide says he drops his sword, and I think the armor as well.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Weapons#Swords

Sunlight

Straight

Sword

82/0/0/0

50/10/35/35

12/12/0/0

C/C/-/-

Drops:

Drops from Solaire of Astora

Besides I barely care what the wiki says until I have seen it proven to be true over the guide.

Although maybe you can buy the armor. I know that for a lot of the NPCs the armor becomes available in stores at various points. Like the onion guys.

But I was asking how rapidly does the curse the frog hit you with kill you? Is it like a really high damage spell, or a ohko, or what?

I may just have to murder the poor bastard. Although judging from how well he did against the gargoyles I'll probably be the one dying.

I bought the full hardcover guide today at lunch. It says that he can turn hollow and appear as an enemy later in the game if certain conditions are not met but it isn't clear if you get his armor by killing him in that case. If I'm reading it right, you will get it. However, it also says that if certain conditions are met you can summon him for the final boss fight. So there's that too.

I got through new Lando pretty easily as I had the serpents ring and pretty much every ghost drooped a transient cure, the only things you get are a few crappy rings and you can reacg the old healer who cures your curse for free.

I wouldn't bother with his armor as one of the best armors in in the Demon realm after quelaag, it's the witch queen's armor and it has better defense the most heavy armore and is almost as light as thief's.

I wouldn't bother with his armor

I don't care if it's not the best armor. In demon's souls it was the same way for me. I wear what I think looks rad, and I think his armor looks rad, so I want it.

@Rachis yeah dood I was thumbing through the book and while I didn't read too much I did love looking at the pictures and stuff.

I'm gonna be dropping my sign to get summoned today I think. I'm chilling at the belfry right now dropping, if anyone wants me to run with them and they're in the early parts let me know. I'm up to the entrance of the Depths so that's how far I can walk.

To clarify, I'm doing this so I can join that sun covenant. I want to be gold and I want to throw lightning.

Horrible news, everyone. I found the answer to why we can't find each other easily.

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/6965/co-...op-debacle.html

:(

I'm pretty fucking angry about this. On the bright side if we can just figure out how to make it change our server, we can start working towards a solution to ending up on the same one.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2hmd15f.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/rhl75x.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/288tt3s.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/smetxi.jpg

WHYYYYYYYYYY??????

Goddammit dude. All that bullshit when it was just complete chance whether we joined up or not. It's going to be nigh-impossible to get three people in the same room together. I bet our best bet is just signing in and out of PSN until we see a sign.

Edited by Ninety

I'm not sure that's even good enough. I've tried several things so far and nothing short of turning the ps3 on and off seems to have worked to change servers. I'm not sure tho how the notes work but thats' what I've been basing it off of. That and Owen still hasn't seen me.

EDIT: I saw on the playstation boards someone mentioned that customer support told them signing into and out of the game will work. We'll keep trying that for now.

Also namco is claiming host can only summon within 10% of his level. So level 20 can summon 18-22 since 10% of 20 is 2. This is horrible news, since demon's souls range was (Host SL/10)+10. The guide says it's within 10 levels either way. I don't know who to believe!

Yeah I'm gonna just join whatever gets me stuff as I go. Frankly sin means nothing to me and I want darkmoon fags to invade me so screw it.

Not that it matters with this idiotic random servers bullshit!

I'm still only sl24-25. I pretty much did nothing today.

And yeah they need to sort this out and quick otherwise the online will suck ass. It's hard enough already to find people on when it's blatantly fucking obvious how packed the game is with players.

I just can't understand it. It doesn't make sense from a story or a gameplay standpoint. I suppose the only way it makes sense is from a FROM SOFTWARE standpoint: anything that was done right needs to get ruined in the next game. Owen thinks this is a Namco Bandai issue, which I hope is true since they'll be easier to pressure than FROM into changing the server thing up...assuming anything can be done. I don't know much about these things.

Edited by Penguin Deus

I know the whole concept of dying is bad, but on PS3, the game crashes each time it tries to load after dying. And I've been biting my teeth and manning to an extreme where I died so little, but everytime I died, I would just drop the game for something else.

I'm getting it on Xbox instead.