Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noob have you got through the catacombs yet? I figured out how to kill the skeletons for good by pushing them off the cliffs then finding the necromancer or whatever keeps reviving them. He also stays dead once you reach a bonfire, so the skeletons don't get back up. Once you reach the end you fight Pinwheel and gives you the Rite of Kindling and takes you to the entrace to the Tomb of Giants which is pitch black. I need to find that skull lantern.

I also reached Anor Lando which is filled with Giant stone Guards and Gargoyles that you fight before the first bell tower. According to the JPN wiki the blacksmith who forges demon's souls to weapons is there and I need to find him.

im pretty much where you are right now; i have access to anor lando and im running around the tomb of the giants. im kinda pissed that the dark knight didnt drop me the dark knight ax since i wanted that. so far, tomb of the giants has been real gay. i accidentally killed patches because it was so dark, but i did get the bonfire and the skull lantern. tomb of the giants is still hardcore gay since youre stuck without 2H or shield when you use the skull lantern, and at the same time, you have to deal with 2-3 giant skeletons at a time. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stuff

i havent gone around anor lando much yet. the only thing ive done so far is run around looting some of the chests and killing gargoyles until a mimic maneater thing ate me

the problem is that it doesnt scale with stats at all so by about SL30ish it stops being such a good sword

the dark knight sword on the other hand.. ive been using it since SL18. im SL58 now haha

i gotta find better weapons for STR though. im kinda disappointed how most all the weapons scale with DEX instead of STR. my next file is gonna be either a DEX or a INT build; i cant decide

I did notice that. It fills the "crescent falchion" role pretty nice though. I haven't played too much yet so I'm only SL20. I haven't gotten a dark knight sword yet, however, I still have a second dark knight to face off with so we'll see.

[edit] Second dark knight down and still no sword...g to the damnit!

Edited by Rachis

The black knight drops aren't too rare but the fact that they don't respawn makes it a whole lot harder to get them. I didn't get the taurus demon drop either. I'm probably going to farm the elite undead guards until i get the balder shield since it looks pretty cool.

I tried killing the red dragon, with no luck. The guide says you can get him with a bow but I was doing so little damage that I think he was healing it faster than I could dish it out. I tried to duke it out on the bridge but he roasted me.

i basically shot him from the stairwell, ran up to him to slice his legs, then ran back down the stairs until he flew back to sit on the wall and did that over and over

its probably the fastest easy way to do it

EDIT: yeah im pretty disappointed i didnt get many of the weapons i wanted for STR, like the taurus axe and the black knight ax and the big hammer

i totally couldve had the big hammer too, since i had pyromancy and black fire bombs

i think im going to get the golem axe to compensate until NG+

Edited by noob

I've been seeing some people kill the dragon from where the black knight with the halberd with a well aimed shot. Others have said the dragon show up on there screen.

Have you got the Chaos Covenant yet? She gives you great chaos fireball which turns into lave after it explodes.

Anyone free to do the depths right now? SL25

Oh yaeh, and I've had the game freeze twice on me so far. Both times it happened while I was placing or picking up my white soapstone, I forget (just now it was picking up my stone). When I force a quit game though from the PS3 menu it resets the PS3 at that point.