Dark Souls

Magnus

Mike summoned me once and we killed some pissant NPCs but then I died before we got to the boss. Then we spent most of the rest of the night trying to summon each other to no avail.

SL 18, still no neat weapons. :( Mine don't even have special names. Longsword. Spear. I didn't have a bow to get dragonsword either. I will have to go buy one but that means soul farming.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you fight the metal boar, I forget the level name, but he's near the beginning, ass rape it. Literally. The weak point is if you land a backstab, cuz his asshole has no metal on it. Stupid boar. I think it was 2-3 backstabs and it dies.

The game is pretty difficult so far. Thank god I'm used to dying from demon's souls or I'd be getting mad.

SL28ish, rockin dark knight sword with 20 str and 18 dex

i killed dual gargoyles and just killed moonlight butterfly so far

SL18 with 20 str and 13 dex. I'm not putting any points into dex until I find a weapon that really benefits from it. So far strength has been sufficient. I've put all of my points into vitality, endurance, strength, and one point into resistance.

Gravelord

Players can invoke the power of Gravelord, which makes random player's worlds harder (black world tendency), in the affected area. Upon finding the Gravelord markings, the affected player can invade and kill the caster, to revert the world back to normal.

The benefits of the Gravelord summon is unclear at the moment.

Other than the obvious benefit of ruining someone's day?

I just beat the Gaping Dragon (aka vagina dragon), by cutting his tail off you get the Dragon King Axe. The stats are;

Physical: 360

Magic: 0

Fire: 0

Lightning: 0

Critical: 100

Has no Param boosts but requires FIFTY strength its insane!!!!!!!!!!!!111 It acts like the Dragon tail sword where two handed strong attack unlocks its full potential, sadly I don't have have high enough strength to two hand it.

Where did you get the Dark Knight sword noob?

i killed 3 dark knights so far with the zweihander

one gave me the sword (acts like a slower version of a longsword)

another gave me a greatsword (like the zwei)

the last one gave me a halberd

i havent tried the greatsword or the halberd yet because both require ~32 STR for 1h, but the dark knight sword fucks shit up with base 205atk

i gotta invest in my vit/end though. i spent 8 levels on dex so vit/end isnt too hot

id say the dex investment was worth it though, since now i can use pretty much every weapon type

EDIT: what class did you guys start with? i started with pyro

Edited by noob

I started out as the thief because I played the E3 demo, So I knew about most of the other classes and I like having extra critical damage. So far I've used all thief armor, the drake sword, the Hollow Solider shied, Bandit's knife, and Pyromancy Flame +1. Edited by Kaleidoscope

I've died 4 times so far. Once to a graveyard skeleton at firelunk shrine or whatever it's called. I ran back to the bonfire and went to the kitchen, but I didn't know the enemies chased you further in this game. The other 3 times I died to the black knight guarding an underground passageway in the undead burge.

Apparently we don't either! Mike summoned me once real early in our playtime and we've never managed to connect again. In fact, I've only seen his sign once since then and it's as he was logging out of PSN to reset DS. He's never seen my sign since then or any of the notes I write.

The guide doesn't mention the covenant requirements for it. I'm still reading that though to see. I'm pretty sure that's not the issue, though. My first action of the game was joining a covenant, and I was able to summon John once. I've had no problem summoning anyone else, either. Covenant does effect online, but it's in pretty specific ways iirc.

Oh, and yeah Owen the guide does mention at 25% you get a further improvement. I tested it out to be sure, and yeah it's there. You stand up out of the roll a little faster. That's about the only difference I saw. It says you regen stamina slightly faster at <25% as well.

The guide also says you get another improvement for being naked. I couldn't tell a difference atm. The book basically says if you're 0, its the fastest you can be, <25% gives a slight bonus over <50%, and <50% is way better than >50%, and >=100% is the absolute worst case by far.

And computer invaders is the greatest thing ever. I'm eager to kill that Paladin Leeroy so I can get Grant.

Having a covenant does effect the online play as it makes it easier to find and invade people in that covenant. Here's a link showing the different covenants. Right now I'm at quelaag the chaos witch and she's puts up a decent fight. Just need more fire resistance...... Edited by Kaleidoscope