Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word. I'll start from scratch too. Playing with people would be so dope. I am tired of this damn fortress and all it's traps. I'm already killing all these serpent people and now I gotta worry about my enviroment? Lame. Oh well, that's the name of the game. Punish the ones who are impatient.

you can't enchant crystal weapons?

Yeah you can enchant crystal weapons with Great Magic weapon and Magic weapon AND even Crystal magic weapon, which makes it even more spikey looking.

PD I know you made a Sorcerer file, have you found White Dragon Breath yet? So sick.

yeah, seriously. I don't see why that would be upsetting to anyone. If someone boost themselves up to crazy levels, is not like they can invade you in pvp if you're lower level. Unless they use those special items that don't take levels into consideration. If so, you run the risk of someone being higher than you anyway.

They might get it patched anyway, so w/e. I was looking forward to not have to spend so much time to build up a dude. It'll be like pokemon all over again. that's a bad thing.

@Kaleidoscope Word I haven't found it yet I'm still alternating back and forth between the two files. I pretty much only get weekends to play so I still got a ways to go. On the mage file though I might try to play faster and force my way into the archives since I want the moonlight sword and the spell. I've been rocking an enchanted sunlight sword +3 though and I'm feeling that so far. Gonna make an uchigatana next after I buy one from Shiva. Then I'm gonna murder Shiva and his gay buddy.

My strength file is technically closer to the archives but w/e fuck him. He doesn't want gay spells he wants giant clubs.

Anyone got a cartwheel ring to spare? I still need one! Stupid cat!

Hey noob, when you're fighting someone can you see aura when they are using the invis spell? I ask because I noticed I could see my aura for stamina regen after I cast invis, but I wasn't sure if it was the same for the enemy since everyone I've fought who was invis didn't show an aura.

I'm just wondering so I can sort out how I use the invis spell, if I use it on mage girl.

In ds you could always see aura on invis guys, I'm wondering if it's the same, since the invis spell isn't exactly the same this time.

If necessary we can test it since my str file has the red stone now so we can duel on whatever map. I need to lvl him to 70 prolly since I think he's 60 but yeah we can test it that way if you don't know.

Edited by Penguin Deus

yeah you can see aura with it on

i saw some dude using it with the silent ring so you could see 2 glowing balls running around everywhere

if youre gonna use it, you can use rings with no aura like havels and darkwood

then have grass shield on top of your catalyst so you can hide the aura until you need it

if the cat lady wont talk to you, try paying off your sin. hit up velka in the gargoyle tower and soul glitch if you have to (2k souls per SL is a dumb amount)

oh and i got the moonlight sword, but i lied about the bladewaves

1H = powerslash thats vertical, 2H = full-on horizontal projectile bladewave

and its upgraded with dragon scales

and for your faith guy, be sure you get the crescent ax. its fast and has manly range and naturally has a B scaling in faith, so +15 is pretty buff

i like having multiple high level accounts to pvp people without having to go through NG+ every time i want a SL100+ character just so i can pvp with it

ive got 2 SL120s, 1 SL106, and 1 SL70

even then, souls =/= equipment. you still have to play the game a full playthrough before youre at a point where you have good enough equipment and a populated area for pvp (the kiln)

the soul glitch does not affect player skill too. i always see tons of trash at SL120 and i can tell they glitch when i get a shitload of souls for killing them easily

Wow... Just wow...

I bought the game today and I totally wasn't ready for it, but I guess no-one is unless they have played Demon's souls. After a couple of hours and countless of deaths, I'm at the Undeadburg and those firebomb bastard are really ticking me off. Even the thought of going into some poisonous swamp sends shivers through my spine.

Halo Reach on legendary was nothing compared to this, but I'm prepared to bang my head against the wall and finish the game even if it's thanks to my shear stubbornness.

In the Archives is the Tin Crystal catalyst which is dark souls version of the Insanity catalyst but it half's the spell count. If you have the Crystal catalyst in one hand and a different catalyst in the other you can use the Crystal one til it runs out o spell counts then switch to the other one and you have the other have the Crystal took away so there's no wasting spell counts. You could also use the Dusk Crown ring if you don't mind having half health but double the spell count.

In order to get the Crystal Catalyst you need to purchase everything from Big Hat and then he'll freak out when you talk to him again. Save and quit, then head to the spot where seath killed you the first time you fight and Big Hat will be hollowed and he'll drop the Spell white dragon breath and the catalyst will be in a treasure chest in that room with the catalyst. You can also get the rest of his armor and his old Catalyst(Which is 2nd to the Crystal) where he was selling his spells in the library.

Anyone try the Great Sword of Artorias yet? I feel like it's the "Ultimate Quality" weapon in this game because it has Para bonuses C/C/B/B but you also need about 20 in strength, dexterity, magic, and Faith to use it.

true GS of artorias is the new BBS but it takes a lot more points to get it up to a usable point. id say its probably only useful once youre at like SL170 and upwards.

also id rather use the dusk crown headpiece with logans catalyst than use tin crystallization with dusk crown ring

hey if anyone is near SL70 would they mind giving me their avelyn? im gonna use my SL70 acct to dual-wield them, but i dont want to go through NG+ just to get it.

its in the dukes archives on top of a bookshelf that you can get to by jumping off of the rotating staircase mid-rotation

Edited by noob