Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may or may not be online tonight after all, depending on the connection of my grandparents. Either ways, it is going to be late.

Mike, I think I have three reprisals for you. You still want them?

Nob, I have a Murakumo and like twenty Shotels for you.

There's nothing to argue anymore, it's fine. You've already agreed with the rest of us that it's no contest.

I did? Now I am confused.

HCSM sounds pretty necessary for such a risky build.

It is not necessary. The key are the enchants to make the Dragon Bone Fist actually hurt, which is why I posted both the Faith and Intelligence variants. Both works. It just depends on how you want to approach your play-style and strategy. If all else fails, you still have Great Combustion.

I do not need the reprisals, but thanks anyways. I got all 10 last night. Blue eye stone is bullshit.

You agreed, in your heart. It's brutally obvious that wog and chsm are not in the same league, and you know this whether you want to admit it out loud or not. Your guts know the truth. Trust them.

I actually decided I wanted to do a SL 7-11 guy before I connect and get the patch. It's gonna take me a while to get 1,674,843,383 souls with a Soul of a Proud Knight. Maybe there's an bigger soul I can find real quick. I'm charging my controller right now so I don't have to sit still.

Actually I just calculated about how long it would take to do it with the soul I have and it's much longer than I thought. Several hours too long. I don't think I will do it since that would mean I have to go through a bunch of the game to find the biggest soul, and even then it would still take well over a few hours.

Sorry guys, I am not going to play online tonight on dial up. It took quite a while to load John's video as is, which was pretty cool.

renketsu, if you plan to go up to SL709, just bum rush to ring the first bell and then kill Quelaag, then use her soul to glitch. That should save more time and you will be productive.

Edited by Honest Frank

Yeah, I think the Soul of Great Hero gives 20,000 souls while Quelaag's only 8,000 (which is 4x more than Soul of the Proud Knight). You'd probably want the Orange Charred Ring when going through the lava.

Idk why you need to go all the way up to SL709, except just to do it. It seems kind of like a waste of time, even for a test build. You can probably get the most out with these stats:

Vit @ 99 - max

Att @ 50 - 10 slot max, 99 won't get you anything

End @ 80 - flip around as Havel cosplay, or just go up to 99 to dual wield smough with full giant

Str @ 58 - 1H Smough

Dex @ 40 - scaling drops

Res @ 30 - scaling drops

Int @ 50 - enchant/magic scaling drops and WDB

Fai @ 50 - divine/occult scaling drops and Sunlight Spear

If anything, just make everything 99 except for Attunements, which should be at 50 max.

Edited by Honest Frank

Hey, I've been running around getting some joke character to SL120 to trade items to my main when I get back to my PS3. Anyone want to help me transfer items?

I'm currently level 80 ish right now. What's the min to transfer to a SL 120? Unless someone has an inbetween character that can trade with level 80 and 120?

BTW, Ethos I have a White Slab on this character so if you still need those you can have it if you can make the trade.

Edited by Exorcet

@ Elton: I think the great hero soul is better than queelag soul for the extra souls and also not missing out on getting chaos blade or queelag's sword for the playthrough. It's not that far off and ppl can get through ruins fast if they want to. I'm sure there are other souls worth picking up along the way. I think you can get a large soul of a proud knight before the first Capra demon.

@ Exo: when are you planning on doing the trade? I don't need that many more white slabs honestly. I'm looking for demon ones and titanite slabs now. I'll take em off your hands if you don't want em.

It was mainly just to do it, it was only afterwards I decided it would double as a test file. The other reason specifically for 709 is so I might have people to play with on it. What are the odds of randomly finding people at arbitrary SL ranges past 120? I figured there would at least be a few more people at max SL than in the ranges between it and 120.

But I decided to just say screw it, I don't like spending hours doing things just to do them. If it were a 20 minute job it would be a different story. So I connected and got the patch last night and there's no looking back. Now I need to hunt down items. I'm a little upset I decided to delete my previous files before salvaging useful items from them.

I'll be on tonight if anyone is down to ill. Also I got a low level guy exorcet, if you want to spawnrape doods at dark anor lando with me. I need to do that for money to get to SL120.

Exorcet as long as you can reach SL120 I should be able to get you most of whatever you want.

That sounds perfect exo. It's the usual time I get on, so it's good times.

I'm down to mess ppl up to, tho not sure if I'll be getting on tonight. I am pretty tired from doing an overnight shift into a pm shift. I'll be on on other times during the week.

Jose, I was actually agreeing with you. I was suggesting him to use the Orange Charred Ring when going through the lava to get the soul.

I will be on within an hour. I have a Titanite Slab to trade for a Red Titanite Slab (or Chaos Washing Pole +5). If you guys are up for it, let me know. Actually, if you give me a Chaos Washing Pole +5, I will give you some chunks as well.

Edited by Honest Frank