Dark Souls

Magnus

I don't wanna look up where the new content is. I wanna find it by accident.

But that dark knight boss is gonna get wrecked. All he's got going for him is constantly attacking. Double stamina regen rolling will crap on that.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things:

1. Very interested in the game after watching some footage. I still do not want to buy this game because I don't want to have a four hour sleep schedule, again. It is much of an addiction. Unless Mike get's it. Then fuck it. I am using Mike as a crutch. I think he is doing the same as well. I guess one of us has to crack first.

2. With the DWGR fundamentally changing, this means that I have to change basically all my classes around, mainly the classes with lower than 40 END, or STR builds @ 40 END. But these changes may be for the better. In the mean time, I will be backing up ALL my files before the DLC or patch hits.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/ScreenShot2012-05-20at85722PM.png

DWGR nerfed to below 25% equip load (CONFIRMED)

BB transfer glitch fixed (CONFIRMED)

Claymore and Moonlight Greatsword speed nerfed (CONFIRMED)

New warp locations, such as Undead Parish, the Depths, Tomb of the Giants and more (CONFIRMED)

Elite Knight Set fixed. Now the poise is the same as the regular Knight set (CONFIRMED)

Hornet Ring nerfed. Damage is now increased by 30%, not 50% (CONFIRMED)

Some item changes on corpses (CONFIRMED)

Eagle Shield physical damage reduction down to 95% from 100% due to its wooden nature (CONFIRMED)

Mid-Rolls buffed (CONFIRMED)

Elemenatal weapons slightly nerfed (CONFIRMED)

Mask of the Father nerfed. Now adds +5% equip load (CONFIRMED)

Mask of the Mother nerfed. Now adds +10% HP (CONFIRMED)

Hyper Armor for STR weapons returned (CONFIRMED)

Hey Owen, who is confirming all this? For now I'll pretend it's EWGF, so that I don't feel like I'm wasting my time.

DWGR nerfed to below 25% equip load (CONFIRMED)

Mid-Rolls buffed (CONFIRMED)

That makes sense. It's sorta like saying hey let's make this Demon's Souls again. This will probably free up a ring spot for most of us. The only sad part is that some of the funkier stuff gets ruined cuz of this (like anyone using Grant, for example). I'd say we should expect to see a rise in lighter weapons...but they were already getting a lot of love.

BB transfer glitch fixed (CONFIRMED)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Honestly though this is a mark against the game for me, since I really don't want to play this through again. Even if we can do it pretty fast. Not the soundest logic, but it's the truth.

Claymore and Moonlight Greatsword speed nerfed (CONFIRMED)

This can potentially be really lame. It depends on how big a drop in speed they got, and what they did to other weapons. The extra speed was their primary advantage over man-serpent greatsword, and if no other weapons got slowed down (bkga, I'm looking at you), and if GSoA is the same speed as before, that makes it faster and longer than them both. This might also mean Great Lord Greatsword is superior to both, too.

You should find out if all greatswords were slowed down. EWGF confirmed that all greatswords before were the same speed except for man-serpent greatsword. See if that's still true.

New warp locations, such as Undead Parish, the Depths, Tomb of the Giants and more (CONFIRMED)

That's supercool. Way easier to help people now haha.

Elite Knight Set fixed. Now the poise is the same as the regular Knight set (CONFIRMED)

practically adding a new armor set, then! That'll make Jose happy, he was the biggest elite knight set fan I know.

Hornet Ring nerfed. Damage is now increased by 30%, not 50% (CONFIRMED)

Fuck it, I don't even think this affects any of us, and that ring was too strong anyways.

Eagle Shield physical damage reduction down to 95% from 100% due to its wooden nature (CONFIRMED)

Eagle Shield reduction is pretty fucking lame. That doesn't affect any of us at all, but now grass crest shield is the clear winner over it since one of it's two main advantages has been removed. Owen already proved you didn't need Eagle Shield to begin with to play hardcore turtle style, and now they nerf it? Granted that turtle build might be less viable now with the hornet ring and elemental weapons getting nerfed.

Elemenatal weapons slightly nerfed (CONFIRMED)

I am okay with this.

Mask of the Father nerfed. Now adds +5% equip load (CONFIRMED)

Mask of the Mother nerfed. Now adds +10% HP (CONFIRMED)

This all seems fine to me too, it affects a lot of stuff, but for the most part it should be okay. It's one of those changes like the gym ring fix that will make the really good builds slightly weaker and possibly kill some of the unusual ones, but the changes still kinda make sense. What were they originally? Like 10% and 20-25% right?

Hyper Armor for STR weapons returned (CONFIRMED)

What do you mean by STR weapons? Do you mean ALL weapons that happen to use STR as their only damage stat? That could be really fucked up if it's true. It takes a huge shit on a ton of other weapons, because of poise mechanics, and that means BKGA got a major upgrade. This change could be potentially game-ruining for me. Exactly the kind of news I was praying for!

Also lol at the gold tracer, that's gonna be the most popular weapon online for awhile, I'm sure. That screams animufag.

Also Owen, this makes our O&S builds a lot stronger. That could be HUGE.

I am updating OP with tools. Also I am posting them here. Also all of your mothers.

Wiki

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

Character Planner

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

Build Gallery

http://darksoulsbuilds.imgur.com/all/

Dark Souls Design Work scans

http://www.mediafire.com/?fbeljn2k464a8

Armor optimizer

http://www.raymondhill.net/darksouls/darksouls-armor-calc.php

GFX mods for PC:

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=92

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

Vidya loves ya.

I'm also sad to say that I locked onto people with Rings of Fog.

I don't even.

The PC community is getting together and answering each others inquiries on gamefaqs. That includes EWGF. I'm not far enough into the game to see any of this for myself, but I can tell you that Claymore's swing speed might be slowed, but not by that much. We're potentially talking about maybe 3 hits in a stunlock max vs 4 or 5. I wouldn't doubt their findings on the raw numbers though, numbers are easy to confirm. It's stuff like slower swing speed and whatnot that needs to be actually looked in to.

Eagle Shield getting 5% physical damage is not all that bad. 5% in the game is like maybe 7hp per hit. We've all tried blocking with GCS before and we know just how effective it is as a standard shield. Nevertheless I don't think it effects it all that much, GCS and CS will still be the go-to shields and Eagle shield will still have its niche.

Tubby is sad. :ph34r: That's ok tho it just makes him more in line with the rest of the builds in the game instead of being ridiculously strong. Gym ring being nerfed is also a passive buff for him as well, as well as the mid-roll buff. Since I rocked him with mid-roll to begin with.

I will be playing both the pc version and getting AOTA for ps3 when it comes out. By then I will have optimized builds for it.

The dof fix is fucking great.

Edited by Twisted Metal

The ring of fog thing was from a previous patch. :ph34r:

Yeah tubby got hit harder than any build I can think of.

Test for the other greatswords. I don't use claymores so I'm not as concerned about that as I am flamberge, GSoA, and GLGS.

Nah, you're forgetting a lot of crucial things:

-The <100% resist on a large shield means you can wail on the shield for chip damage and status buildup (bleed especially). You can't parry spam with a large shield to prevent it.

-It's now only a heavier gcs with no stamina regen and more stun resist.

-Basically it went from being a shield that was in the same tier as the other good shields to being in the tier below them, that's pretty major for shield balance since there were already medium shields that had 100% physical block like crest shield

-It's basically a gimmick shield, now

The eagle shield thing is not game-changing for anyone here, sure, and it doesn't actually matter to any of us I suspect, but it's still a major change for the shield.

It's not an potential auto-DQ from me though like the return of hyper armor. I'm not sure I ever want to see that again, especially with how godly great clubs already were in Dark Souls.

I'm pretty sure bleed goes through shields regardless of physical resist. I tried to chip away at eagle shield users before with lightning weapons. I think even tho the lightning resist was 75%? I was only doing like 14hp per hit. It's insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and it wasn't a deciding factor in the fights.

I thought it was a tier below GCS and CS to begin with. No parry is pretty huge.

I'm pretty sure bleed goes through shields regardless of physical resist. I tried to chip away at eagle shield users before with lightning weapons. I think even tho the lightning resist was 75%? I was only doing like 14hp per hit. It's insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and it wasn't a deciding factor in the fights.

I thought it was a tier below GCS and CS to begin with. No parry is pretty huge.

It goes through, my point is now you have bleed and chip, and you have no means of parrying. That means eagle shield lost a major advantage.

At least before, you could just tank forever and not lose hp, even though you couldn't threaten with parry. Now you can't do that. That's like all that shield was good for lol

I keep a variety of shields on hand for dealing with a variety of invasions.

Parrying an electric spear is so good. You should try it sometimes instead of just eating it. :3c

Edited by Magnus

30 for now.

I've fought three trainer people already. I trololed one off a ledge but other two one shot me. I got a parry on the one with a lightning spear which was pretty funny until I saw how much damage I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHkEQWF42Lc

I really hope they make dual wielding viable again. The Gold Tracer has a sweet move set though.

I don't know wtf that is, but I want it. I'm assuming it's the Gold Tracer you're talking about.

As for the changes, I have mixed feelings. While I'm down for elite knight set being dope again (I'm happy about it, ya), I'm wondering if the nerf to dad mask is gonna totally fuck up my str char. It was hard enough fitting it with a steel armor and a heavy weapon. I know that gym ring took a hit too (and while for the most part, I'm happy about it), so I'm gonna have to rethink my str girl. I really don't wanna give up on steel armor either, I love how that shit looks.

Anywho, I decided to jump back on this thing with the dlc. I'm liking these changes, and I had fun stomping dudes the other day after not playing for a while when I was showing my boy dark souls.

Any clue as to how much this is gonna cost me?

Yeah. There's a trainer right on google already. I'm hitting a lot of people who simply don't lose health. Hilarious when they get kicked off a boardwalk high up top in Blighttown, but otherwise morbidly router-unplugging.