Battlefield 3

Mom

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah those videos are very entertaining, they are inspiring and I've found myself using c4 more often now. I've watched about five of them so far, it takes skill to set up and pull off a lot of those stunts, I'm sure glad he does it.

@Ethos: Had a blast in Conquest, thanks for joining in. I've been getting into playing Conquest lately, it's my go to game at the moment. Norshahr Canals was a zoo but a lot of fun and Tehran Highway Conquest always seems rough for me, it's so chaotic and I'm always getting picked off. Caspian Border is one of my favorites, I love that forest/hilltop region. Everyone is always so eager to cap it, gives me plenty of opportunities for some guerrilla style action. I noticed you picked up my Assault gear in order to revive me, that was truly smooth.

Also who is that Lethaldoseofmind? He's got some insane stats, especially with the knife.

Edited by Nomrah

Yeah you need a mic man haha. Yeah tho, I saw you die, so I jacked your shit and revived you. Problem was that you had like no ammo left and we had switched kits so I kept trying to get you o drop some ammo. Then, the tank showed up and I couldn't take it down cause you had my c4 :P

I was getting irritated at the team though. I feel like if everyone was on the same page, we would've won a lot more games. That's why its a lot easier to play with ppl that you know.

Btw you revived me right next to enemies every time. Not cool, son haha. All good though.

Yeah lethal is my boy from my kz3 days. It's a shame. We both started around the same in terms of skills, but then I quit bf3 for a while to concentrate on dark souls and now I'm worse than what I was. Lethal kept up with it, so he got better lol. He likes knifing, ya lol. Last I heard, he had over 2k kills with it. He's a fan of getting tags. I don't care much about it. I play reckless but I'm not gonna play stupid lol. He makes it work tho for him so power to him.

I don't exactly agree with that. I feel that while it is a hell of a lot easier to play with a squad, I don't think a sniper is just as good as the squad he's in. You can excel as a sniper solo or playing with randoms so long as you're aware of your surroundings and not stay in an area too long cause you don't have someone watching your back.

I've gotten pretty decent games when sniping solo so it's not like it's impossible. I've even gotten MVP's with it too, so it can be done. I guess I'm just used to playing with randoms or solo.

I really shouldn't say that a sniper is only as good as his squad and yes everyone on any class is way better with a squad with good chemistry. What I really meant is most of the recon's classes get the bulk of their points from spot assists or spawn points which is why most of the time I go 7-0 with my k/d but I'll have like 30 to 40 assists and 20 to 30 spawns. That's if I play with a group I'm comfortable with. With the randoms it's usually 50 to 75 percent less. But sometimes I'll go twenty-something in kills and single digits in deaths and win MVP. The majority of the time though, a recon class will have a crap load of assists/spots.

I only got the game to play with some ex-military friends of mine. Absolutely despised it to be honest. I ditched the First Person thing a while ago for Third Person games, or Action RPGs.

Honestly I would be more agitated but its a game, and one that gave me a free pass to the early access to Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer, so I'm not going to complain on spent money.

I can't play Assault, the urge to revive people is too great. Especially in Grand Bazaar, which is no place to be running across the street under heavy enemy fire to revive 1 guy. Yes, I go to great lengths to revive people, however, it gets me killed.

I remember this time back in BC2, where me and a buddy were playing Rush on... some snow where and it was night outside. Funny story, I usually stuck by him, as he would give me health, and I would give him health. So, when he died, I revived him. I revived him once one too many times to the point where he was like "Stop reviving me!" I got a good laugh out of that.

I need to play Battlefield 3 again, I've been waiting for a friend of mine to play it. Mostly because he's a lower level and I generally help him out and stuff. Hopefully, m other friend picks up the game, so we can have a 3 man squad, not this 2 man squad.

I hate when ppl revive and they don't make sure the area is clear. I've seen so many people revive me when 3-4 dudes are already shooting at my direction, so I only respawn to die. Not a fun feeling. I feel like the only place to Rambo revive is in tdm cause you get a ticket back.

That being said, assault is fun to use haha. Playin paddy cakes is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've decided, I've found the AS Val to be the most efficient gun in the game for me, it has far exceeded my expectations. Never have I had a gun during my time with BF3 that delivers such consistent killing performance from game to game. Keep in mind I do not have B2K so I do not have the FAMAS. The Abakan was growing on me, but the I was getting tired of it's frusturating close quarters performance due to the two round burst.

Why I like the AS Val

-Extremely high RoF, instant kills, always win the "quick draw".

-Exceptional range/engagement options compared to other guns, can kill at Close Quarters, and can pick off heads at near sniper distance. (I was incapable of finding a gun that satisfied me in this regard.)

-Fast reload time, 20 round magazine really does not bother me.

-Gets head shots like no other, extremely accurate.

-And of course the gun comes suppressed.

Basically it contains all of the necessary aspects of a gun that I needed in this game.

A-91 lacked range and accuracy but had the RoF, the AS Val is the gun that satisfies.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I run it in Support class due to the fact support has ammo bags, which are a must due to how quickly the AS Val drains its ammo reserves. I then run Claymores and Squad Sprint. I prefer the KOBRA RDS, does not obscure vision like HOLO and the U.S. RDS. Also it's the first gun I primarily run a flashlight on, the flashlight in conjunction with Squad Sprint is great for fast paced raids.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I run it in Support class due to the fact support has ammo bags, which are a must due to how quickly the AS Val drains its ammo reserves. I then run Claymores and Squad Sprint. I prefer the KOBRA RDS, does not obscure vision like HOLO and the U.S. RDS. Also it's the first gun I primarily run a flashlight on, the flashlight in conjunction with Squad Sprint is great for fast paced raids.

Oh...Support class. That's going to present a problem because I absolutely love the MG36. Interesting though, I think you might be the first person I've met that's actually said they prefer the KOBRA RDS over HOLO and the RDS. I think I'll be trying the AS VAL with it, although I probably won't try flashlights. I have a tendency to forget they're on.

Recently though, I managed to get past level 45, and now I'm level 1...again. Good news is that I got service star 2 for Support class, and service star 5 for my MG36. So happy with it.

Oh...Support class. That's going to present a problem because I absolutely love the MG36. Interesting though, I think you might be the first person I've met that's actually said they prefer the KOBRA RDS over HOLO and the RDS. I think I'll be trying the AS VAL with it, although I probably won't try flashlights. I have a tendency to forget they're on.

Recently though, I managed to get past level 45, and now I'm level 1...again. Good news is that I got service star 2 for Support class, and service star 5 for my MG36. So happy with it.

I want to try the MG36 so bad, that's one beautiful gun. I always wondered why the game did not contain a standard G36 for assault, I suppose because they needed enough guns to fill the Engineer bracket so they opted for the G36C. Also I'd like to see the Steyr AUG make an appearance.

But yeah, I prefer KOBRA for the AS Val, it keeps my peripherals wide open as I need to act quick with this gun, I'm on the move a lot with it. I need to see all the action that's going on when I aim down sight. The other CQC sights have a little more tunnel vision than the KOBRA, the KOBRA's frame is very thin.

Edited by Nomrah

I want to try the MG36 so bad, that's one beautiful gun. I always wondered why the game did not contain a standard G36 for assault, I suppose because they needed enough guns to fill the Engineer bracket so they opted for the G36C. Also I'd like to see the Steyr AUG make an appearance.

But yeah, I prefer KOBRA for the AS Val, it keeps my peripherals wide open as I need to act quick with this gun, I'm on the move a lot with it. I need to see all the action that's going on when I aim down sight. The other CQC sights have a little more tunnel vision than the KOBRA, the KOBRA's frame is very thin.

It is a beautiful gun. The magazine, the iron sight, oh my god it's just so beautiful! I think the reason they never added a G36 is well, slightly redundant. IF they did decide to add a G36 for the Assault class, I can see the G36E being in it. Although we could always see the KE variant as well. I can see the AUG making an appearance once they add a "Bad Company 1/2" pack or something.

I use KOBRA on the QBZ-95B all the time. You're right about it having more wide open peripherals, and plus it's got a nicer Red dot.

@Ethos That's another SMG I need to try out, the P90. I don't usually see that one all too much, strange really.

Edited by Clones

Nomra, good news, the AS VAL will be receiving an extended mag attachment in a future patch as far as I'm aware.

Although I enjoy playing every class, I spend a lot of time as Recon playing a designated marksman role. The SKS is my weapon of choice, and for slightly larger maps I roll with an EMR for the extra bullet velocity and increased minimum damage. One could also say I adore piloting attack helicopters, something many people on Xbox Live seem to also enjoy but are terrible at.

This may be a repost but if not I think you may enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/GAabVQ_XkJ4

http://battlelog.bat...195992365/last/

Above is the link for the current patch notes for the future patch. It's not complete yet, but you'll get a good idea of what's going to happen. There are changes to nearly every facet of the game and is probably going to require a lot of adjustment on the player's part.

Edited by Rachis

I'm most excited about the helicopter changes which is news to me.

I felt that helicopters had been weakened a little too much but the changes make sense.

Hell all the changes make sense and this is partly why DICE have whisked me away from Infinity Ward lately.