Shin Megami Tensei

Ataraxis

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh

yeah im uh hunting that koga saburo guy i'm gonna fuck him up bosses get rolled all the time now

i just hit lvl 41 so a bunch of new guys are being added to my squad all at once (all those good lvl 41 fools and some of the ones below that I never got), good times

I see Alice over at lvl 49 that silhouette is unmistakeable, definitely eager to rock her she's one of my favorite demons in SMT series

in the meantime too i'm gonna keep mixing and matching shit til I got a solid way to make a god nekomata

have you been using stat buffs/debuffs much? I feel like they've been far less important in this game than nocturne

I only ever use sukukaja on the main guy and then fog breath and the war cry (cuz they're really fucking good)

If the god tier versions like debilitate and shit are in this game i'm bound to use those cuz those are big time but it seems like the OG -kajas and -undas are pretty useless in general. the game puts a greater premium on attacking than previous SMT games.

by previous I pretty much just mean Nocturne

Buffs and debuffs become a bit more important when you fight some of the later bosses. But yeah, they have a lot less importance when compared to Nocturne.

I know debilitate is in the game, same with luster candy.

Tetra- and Makara reflects are a bit more important now. You can practically go through the game while using those.

what I was figuring is luster candy/debilitate are gonna be useful just cuz they're so much better than doing it with kaja and unda. Sounds like that is exactly what happened in your case too

I have never used tetraja and probably never will, ditto reflect skills

tetraja is especially not important in this game cuz the mc is allowed to die

in nocturne being expel and death immune was the most important thing in the game cuz the enemy loves to ohko

fkn buffs and debuffs are everything in nocturne pretty much from the get go

the bosses are just too damn strong otherwise

idk what a makara skill is

yeah cuz you are better off attacking in smt4

with how damage, hp totals, and saving anywhere, work ur almost always better off just pinpointing the weakness and hitting it 8 times every round

last boss i fought was asmodeus he was dead by the beginning of 3rd round

bufula bufula fog breath war cry bufula bufula bufula bufula

he tried some move i nulled it or he missed

bufula 8x

he tried some move i nulled it or he missed

tlaloc socked him in the skull and he died

pussy

debilitate and luster candy will be useful as fuck tho at least they always are. casting all buffs at once >>> your favorite rapper

it just hit me what it was reminding me of

persona 3 was like that buff/debuffs were pretty much useless in that game

persona 4 u only ever really used luster candy and debilitate

Edited by YUNG ADULT CONTEMPORARY

I don't remember using buffs at all in Persona 4 till I got to the later bosses.

Also, I still haven't beaten the final boss. I've been doing some side stuff and doing a little extra exploring and shit. Although today I didn't play, tomorrow after work maybe.

Oh yeah, completely forget but I managed to fucking fuse Ose. I'm like level 75 and he was in his mid 50s or something. So glad.

Edited by Clones

congrats bro how's the new game+?

also I wanted to throw a few things out there for everyone including myself (on subsequent playthrus):

stun needles is basically the best skill in the game lol

beast, megami, and fairy have been consistently the strongest for me at any given level

beast being so good is a huge surprise since they were always a low tier grouping

kunitsu is pretty good

tyrant is way weaker than before (asmodeus is like first tyrant I've seen that deserved to be in that class)

jaki usually sucks, ditto tree

food is surprisingly good

FUCK the designer weapon store is expensive holy fuck

There's two different NG+. One where you keep all your shit (Like everything) and the other is you keep a couple things here and there. I picked the keep everything because I felt like it. Otherwise I haven't played any of it yet.

Some of the Tyrants were alright (Mithras comes to mind) but yeah Asmodeus is terrible. Fused him into something good first chance I got.

Edited by Clones

asmodeus is good if u get good skills cuz his resists are ill

alice shits on everyone tho lol I'm at like 53 and she's still the biggest hitter

then again I just somehow mutated luster candy and tresgion so fuck it I bet i get a bunch more god hitters in a minute here

the big issue is that stats are like entirely dependent on level so the guys who back in the day would have an advantage based on who they were (cough tyrants cough) don't got any kind of edge whatsoever over the competition. that coupled with the lower move counts per demon at base it changes the dynamic a ton

Unless Hecate is in this I don't even care about how much worse than normal Tyrants seem to be. And I'd still use her anyway.

It's probably got more to do with what I've been using to make them, but Woods and Drakes have actually been great for me. Like I think I've used all of them to this point (46 or 47). I saw Alraune at 50 or something and I'll try to do that too.

Also I just made Long even though he was a few levels back. Draconic Reaction fits in nicely with what I've doing, and well...he's Long. Dude's dope. Only other Dragon I had was Patrimpas but he was great too.

And I'm getting quite a bit out of Avians which is weird for me.

Biggest standout so far for me is Dionysus. That dudes been clutch for me. Like almost MC clutch. Haha. I think he was also the first one I was actually ready to make when I reached his level. Normally I end up a level or two ahead. I've got everything ready for Sarasvati when I get there, so hopefully she works out as well as he did.

idk if hecate is in it I hope so as well she looks funny

alraune is not that good she has stun needles which is god tier except she learns it late and she's already high up on the chart fkn 51 or w/e fk her

Dionysus is traditionally a strong demon he can bail u out hardcore in Nocturne, like I think he takes on of the fiend fights from idiotically hard to lol just by himself

long is wild strong dood gets zandyne and high force pleroma with the draconic reaction on the side, what more can you ask for?

sarasvati is one of my faves traditionally so I was glad to see they moved her up so high on the chart especially since parvati got moved down fuck her

the sarasvati I fused was stupid strong she was crushing fools lives with conviction. concentrate/bufudyne/high ice pleroma/cold world/mediarama/recarm/null gun/null force. You can't see that son!

jirae is pretty bad this time so far

oh speaking of that sarasvati that's another thing I noticed in this game: null skills are way more useful. mainly cuz u can get them way earlier so it's easier to plug holes in people

im pretty much at the point where noone is using more than 2 attack forms+pleroma (ie ice heal, ice fire, gun phys, gun fire, etc) and then nulls support and stat improving shit

I fucking HATE that famed are almost entirely accident only so I spent like all of yesterday grinding cash in that macca DLC to pay for a yoshitsune suit from the designer store. Totally worth it tbh it's such a great looking outfit.

tbh almost all of those outfits are ill i just wish i had 3-4 million macca or w/e to buy them all lol :'(

I got a fusion accident for some bitch who was like 9 or 10 levels higher than my MC. She wasn't what I wanted though so I was like screw that and reset. Wasn't a Famed.

Also I finally got a look at the rest of that expensive equipment. I could be a real samurai!

Oh and I invested in almost all the demon slots haha. I don't think I'll ever get the last one because it doesn't work out to a multiple of 5 and everything else seems to. Recruiting demons is now a source of cash for me, too.