Shin Megami Tensei

Ataraxis

Recruiting demons is now a source of cash for me, too.

how? please explain this

shit man u get WAY more slots than u think...it goes to cost of 6 then cost of 7...its srsly like 16 demons maybe more? I''m at 14-15?

I didn't get to play last night so I didn't really get anything done lol :(

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got up to Expand Stock 15 so I can hold 23 demons. I've also got Scout Gift, Scout Bonus, and Scout+. Scout Gift gets me an item every time I recruit a demon (It's mostly just Life Stones, but sometimes it's like a Bead or something). Scout Bonus gets me macca every time (1200-1500 from the demons in Ginza, minus what I had to pay them). Scout+ causes recruited demons to try to invite other demons on the field but it rarely works for me (though if it worked more it'd probably be broken); but when it does, they also pay out.

So long as I just keep fusing/deleting, I can keep recruiting and getting macca. It's also better experience.

Man Keanu, you the got the system working for you!

On NG+. You're basically given all the app points you've spent in the previous playthrough. You'll have to re-buy all the apps though. I don't know what goes on with the demons you've recruited, although I suspect they're just in the compendium.

Strangely though, the quest exp you get is changed so you actually gain a reasonable amount. Kind of funny seeing a lvl 1 demon jump to lvl 24 or 25.

I invested in the talk EXP multipliers after my last post, so recruitments (well, conversations) give me EXP x1.6 now too. It's working out to 9-13k per recruitment in Ginza for me.

Most of this stemmed from being really indecisive about what to do with my points, honestly.

oh, yeah just spam the points for the stat boosters and the exp boosters thats what I did. And the ones that provide better prizes on recruit because you can get some buff shit like incense and what not.

i actually started getting the ones that let you fuse above your level too those are pretty great

I'd def get if u didnt want to get those tho i'd wait on it til u got nothing else to nab mainly cuz its hard enough to keep ur doods updated letalone summoning higher

also die for me! doesn't pass huh? I noticed last night while fusing

oh yeah, the Lilith art for SMT4 makes me pretty mad

Same. Wait till you see what they did with another important demon(s) as well.

Sure, the new designs *look* demonic, but they're so forceful with it that it just ruins perfectly fine looking demons.

Although I'm kind of glad they used Abaddons Nocturne artwork.

Yeah, I avoided the ones for demons above my level because I've already got enough of a problem with wanting to try every other demon I see. I do know I'll want the ones for stat boost on level up later, but that's about all I'm sure on. For now I'm just going to max out the main Scout app chain.

Oh, and...

To the left to the left, every single time, I took my steps to the left.

Thought I'd add that Die For Me! wouldn't pass through fusion in SJ either (but you could use her source for it).

Edited by Keanushiro

Same. Wait till you see what they did with another important demon(s) as well.

Sure, the new designs *look* demonic, but they're so forceful with it that it just ruins perfectly fine looking demons.

Although I'm kind of glad they used Abaddons Nocturne artwork.

I noticed the archangels were looking different in some promotional art, the one I saw was Michael and frankly I couldn't tell what I was looking at. This made me very, very, angry. I expect to be even angrier by the end hahahaha

I'll be straight not a single one of the new designs has looked good to me at most I've been willing to accept what I saw (minotaur, medusa) and otherwise irritated or appalled (fucking Lilith)

The lilith one really hurts cuz that's traditionally a favorite of mine. Michael is prolly gonna make me equally angry.

ya I went left every time except maybe the end? I forget what I did in the end but I know that irl I've gone both ways on that issue

lots of people and animals have died around me :'(

Lots of people will die.

Also, I'm lvl 77 and I made a Minotaur because it's really the only new design I truly, truly like. Fucking Lilith, I died a little on the inside, I mean, the fuck were they thinking?

My only hope is that Persona 5 doesn't use ANY of these new designs.

I really don't like the new Seraph class art man. They look dumb to me, and the worst part is they look impractical. Like they look like how you'd draw something if u just wanted a cool picture without actually thinking about can it work mechanically.

I mean yeah man Medusa is the only one I like and even that is only relative to the other art designs. Wildly disappointing.

Not quite as disappointing but still is that the 4 kings art they used is the angry mario bros. That's my least favorite version of them hahahaha fuck.

i'm like lvl 58-59 and I'm actually using those fuse above lvl perks now. I think I'm up to fuse +4 above level (so I fuse 63-64 I forget).

You can learn Die For Me! off of Alice but you can't fuse it. I'm actually using it now and I'm phasing out mudoon skills from my other demons.

I wanted to show you guys some of the absurd doods I've made so far since I finally got onto making stuff I intend to use regularly (like through multiple playthrus possibly). Usually it's through a combination of doods I really like, series-wise, and ones I happen to like a lot now.

Marici - trisagion/high fire pleroma/drain gun/bloody glee/berserker god/high phys pleroma/null phys/charge

Demonee-Ho - null light/null dark/charge/breath/high ice pleroma/iron judgement/bloody glee/desperate hit

Huang Long - victory cry/megidolaon/plasma discharge/high elec pleroma/null gun/Drain Phys/concentrate/luster candy

Norn - Judgement Light/Floral Gust/High Force Pleroma/Null Gun/Null Phys/Mediarahan/Samarecarm/Drain Elec

Ongyo-Ki - Berserker God/High Phys Pleroma/Stun Needles/High Gun Pleroma/Null Light/Null Fire/Charge/Luster Candy

Kinmamon - Glacial Blast/High Ice Pleroma/Null Phys/Dekaja/Samarecarm/Null Gun/Trisagion/High Fire Pleroma

Alice - Die For Me!/Null Phys/Megidoplasma/Plasma Discharge/High Elec Pleroma/Concentrate/Debilitate/Energy Drain

I was working on Maya but haven't gotten anything I like yet, and I haven't been able to make Tenkai yet meaning no OTHER famed guys just yet (Rama and Yoshitsune I'm looking at you). I'm not feeling that Alice anymore tbh so idk what I'll do there...maybe redo her after I get ahold of whatever the best Almighty spell is? idk

hahaha honestly I got lucky early on with the mutations

like I got a trisagion mutation as far back as Feng Huang. That's a gamechanger right there. Also I accidentally discovered Bloody Glee on some random demon I never had any intention of using and forgot was in my group (and thus it kept gaining exp).

I ended up tossing both Norn and Alice. Norn was doing work so good for her but Alice has just been a big letdown. She just plain takes way too long to level and her HP is awful. Worst of all her moveset doesn't seem too good anymore with respect to the rest of my squad. I made an Odin who does it way better so he's on now...although I plan to phase him out since I don't like his art design much.

I'm almost certainly rocking Vishnu and Shiva though. I just got to Vishnu but I gotta get money together to buy the guys I need to get him High Gun Pleroma. Shiva I'm pretty sure I got worked out already so we're good there.

btw I'm still in Infernal Tokyo lol 100+ hours in and I'm still not done I wasted too much time trying to do challenge quests and not finding the damn locations.

For me the last nail in the coffin has been how effective Kinmamon has stayed despite him and Alice having similar templates (altho Alice SHOULD be much better).

oh also last night one of my doods randomly fucking mutated Occult Flash. I'm gonna keep it just on principle even if the move itself prolly isn't that good. I mean shit that's Masakado's unique move, so why not? I already feel bad for phasing out Cold World, don't think I could do that again. :(

oh, I wanted to ask you guys, what outfits have you been enjoying the most? Right now I'm rocking the red hero one (all 3 pieces) and I love it. All I ever want in any video game is to be dressed like masked rider. Don't ask me what the stats were though I don't remember, mainly cuz I haven't been looking anymore hahaha.

Man, that's a good looking Huang Long. I don't think mine is quite going to match up, but we'll see. I think I've only got like three really good demons going right now. My best is probably Shax? Null Elec/Null Fire/High Elec Pleroma/Ziodyne/Deadly Wind/Stun Needles/Debilitate and uhh...whatever Agility +20 is.

I've just been using cheap junk for outfits, but I saw I could be a goalie and I kind of want to do that just because I think it'd be hilarious and somehow appropriate. I'd buy some new stuff, but the high 70's are going to be rough. I've got like 5 special fusions I want to do.

I was using the goalie outfit for the longest time. Res Gun and Phys was really, really nice. Although the one I was using was weak to Hama and Mudo skills. :(

And designer sets? Fuck dammit, never came across that. Must have missed it in my made dash to beat the chaos route.

Edited by Clones

You know the ones in Ginza? In the ungodly expensive super store? That's what I'm talking about. It's unbelievably great just stupid pricey.

Okay I'm still ironing out my Chi You, but I got a good shiva ready in 2 lvls and I'm still sorta working on vishnu.

I've got Chi You with High Phys Pleroma/Madness Nail/Null Phys/Drain Gun/Glacial Blast/High Ice Pleroma/Bloody Glee/Mediarahan but I might switch media for Repel Fire or Charge. Not sure yet...but I gotta have Chi You he's another of my faves.

I'm kinda liking it tbh so i might leave it but ya hard to say no to charge or repel fire (when ur weak to fire anyways)

my Vishnu is sorta strange cuz of the same thing

High Phys Pleroma/High Gun Pleroma/Berserker God/Riot Gun/Charge/Bloody Glee/Salvation/Null Elec

truth is he'd be a prime candidate for Life Surge but I've been hardly using those so idk how to get one on easily, oh well I think I might just accept this haha

oh, I mean same thing as in he's pretty dope but has an arguably wasted slot

Clones if you didn't get to do the Ginza thing, next playthru be sure to get into the shopping district for designer stores. What you do is go into that back area that leads up top from inside Ginza (western exit I think of Ginza underground) than you gotta jump through some hoops to get access to various areas (get a gold card, a platinum card, a silver coin, and finally a black card). You need I think 5k to buy gold card from a guy, 10k to buy platinum from someone else (who tells u to go find it after in a box), then u gotta spend 100k to buy the silver coin, which u take to the quest bar thing to trade for black card then finally u just go into the area since the lady wont stop u anymore with black card. The fucking designer clothing store is PRICEY as fuck though man...we're talking minimum 300k+ per item there.

The prices are fair though that shit is unreal

Shit, thanks man. Sounds like I really have to do some running around and the like. I haven't really played it lately cause I wanna catch up on some shit I didn't do in Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate. But soon I will, very soon.

shit man I got trolled bad last night

I was trying to fuse mot (surt+seth is what I used) and it gave me the accidental fusion into Huang Di

So I was like omg finally a stupid famed and like one of the coolest ones to boot! So excited! Then I looked at his skills and wanted to cry

Mediarahan/Judgement/Trisagion/Ragnarok/Drain Gun/Bloody Glee/Victory Cry/High Gun Pleroma

Man you didn't get a fucking gun move bitch what am I gonna do with High Gun Pleroma? And why the fuck do you have two Fire moves? Judgement my guy?

omfg

anyways I figure worst case scenario I throw levels at him and hope he turns those skills into shit I can use...at least a High Phys Pleroma, shit.

And I noticed mitamas aren't in this game so I can't even do the one thing u could do back in the day to try and worm moves onto doods with slots: mitama fusion

Fuck Famed

also i think i'm on neutral path? I was told to revive goddess of Tokyo and I got the mission called "Complete Understanding".

I never finished vasuki quest tho so fuck these clowns im resetting Kenji was a bitch anyways I walked all over him