Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I want to see AC5 mechanics as follows.

powerfull boost that moves you quick like in first generation games (Ac1).

no QB, unless it is very weak, does not increase speed and only effective when used for twitch dodging and not movement.

OB should have a strong pop like SL and not be lame like AC4 or overpowered like ACFA.

turning should be balanced and there should be no QT.

load caps should make sense (the direction whey were going in, in FA regs 1.3 and on).

lock boxes need to return.

forward thrust should be stronger then side or back thrust, but not completely dominant.

ground boosting should be unlimited or slow draining.

air boost should be high powered (again like Ac1) but drain conciderably (also like in Ac1).

cover needs to be returned (already confirmed).

Gens should be reduced to only a few that work according to purpose and are not tiered (keep it simple).

I think if they made a game like that it would have the fast pace gameplay that people enjoy while also offering a tacticlly balanced and diverse strategies and styles all at the same time. It would merge the best of both words (old and new schools) in a easy to learn framework.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know what would be awesome is if AC5 offered online Next building.

Meaning you could log into your XBOX live account, access your AC5 garage hanger and build Nexts from your computer.

This way when I am at work and I have some tweaks I want to make to a design, I can log on at lunch and make them. Or I can build my emblems in Photoshop or Illustrator and bring them in to AC5.

Wait I just thought of something it might not be such a good idea in the way that people might find a "way in" to hack the game.

Well I still think that would be a cool feature!

Interesting idea, but whenever I'm at work and I have an idea for a design tweak I just write it down and do it when I get back home. Like I said the idea is interesting, but it seems like it's something that would require a lot of work for something that's only marginally more effective than a post-it. Edited by Griffon

I saw it coming. FS is doing this on purpose, when I called them a few months back asking if there was any new information that was released that I might have missed they were super unwilling to talk about AC5 at all. They don't even bring up AC5 at all during their fan gatherings in their headquarters buildings, which is bizarre because they've always enjoyed showcasing upcoming AC games with PR art and developer chit chat.

The person I talked to confirmed that I would recieve my email with my special parts code a week to two weeks prior the release of AC5, though. At the current rate of information being released I think that may be the only way any of us will know when this game is released before it it. Haha. So wacky.

I saw it coming. FS is doing this on purpose, when I called them a few months back asking if there was any new information that was released that I might have missed they were super unwilling to talk about AC5 at all. They don't even bring up AC5 at all during their fan gatherings in their headquarters buildings, which is bizarre because they've always enjoyed showcasing upcoming AC games with PR art and developer chit chat.

The person I talked to confirmed that I would recieve my email with my special parts code a week to two weeks prior the release of AC5, though. At the current rate of information being released I think that may be the only way any of us will know when this game is released before it it. Haha. So wacky.

Under-the radar release, might be, or trying to keep what they have coming a secret. I suppose.

I mean, I don't really care about when it's coming out. If it'll improve the gameplay then let them take all the time they want. What's starting to bug me is how hush-hush they're being about it. I mean, daydreaming about the new parts and having new screens to drool over is one of the only things that keeps me from going crazy at work. I don't care about a release date, just give me some new info to ogle!