Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO NEWLY RELEASED INFORMATION YET.

Posted that loudly so that people didn't get their hopes up on an update. But I DID notice something that I don't think anyone else has yet, or at least I haven't seen anyone else point it out.

Take a look at the large, prominent right shoulder in what is currently the best and clearest picture odf it released so far.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4428/picture3uc.png

Now, take a look at it in one of the other pictures. It's pretty clear that the top has opened up and some sort of rocket/missile/pod launchers have risen out of the top. Looks like inside parts might be returning?

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9926/picture4xn.png

That's kinda what I thought too for a while, which is why it took me so long to notice, but what caught my eye this time was that if you take a close look, it becomes rather clear that what appear to be hatches, are opened on top of the shoulder.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3486/picture3ra.png

Given the hatches, the size of the supposed launchers, their shape, and position/angle, I really truly think that those are coming out from the top of the shoulder.

I see it now. Maybe your right!

But there is a possibility its a new form of shoulder weapon. It could also be argued about the clamp like things on the bottom

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af196/Bluedeath44/picture4xn.png

I would prefer inside parts make a return though.

Date of release: December 23rd 2012

I guess this delay means it won't be the same as AC4 except with stronger boosters, more weapons and more useless stats.

I expected more End of the World jokes thrown in there.

Also, it will be ironic if Duke Nukem Forever comes out before it.

It seems like you guys got most of it, but I'll go ahead and elaborate on what's going on with AC5.

As far as we know, FROM has hit a bump. They have decided to push AC5 back to a 2011 expected release date. They have not stated an actual release period, though. They have stated that they will be releasing more information on AC5 in early 2011. I would assume that means late January or early February. This leads me to believe the game will be released near the middle of 2011, since I can't imagine them releasing the game right after releasing a bit of information on it. Besides that, there hasn't been any new information on AC5 that I know of.

This means chances of any information at all regarding AC5 being released pre-February of 2011 is incredibly slim, but not impossible.

• 3 weeks later...
It seems like you guys got most of it, but I'll go ahead and elaborate on what's going on with AC5.

As far as we know, FROM has hit a bump. They have decided to push AC5 back to a 2011 expected release date. They have not stated an actual release period, though. They have stated that they will be releasing more information on AC5 in early 2011. I would assume that means late January or early February. This leads me to believe the game will be released near the middle of 2011, since I can't imagine them releasing the game right after releasing a bit of information on it. Besides that, there hasn't been any new information on AC5 that I know of.

This means chances of any information at all regarding AC5 being released pre-February of 2011 is incredibly slim, but not impossible.

I saw your thread on AC5. Gotta say that elaborated alot more for me. Thanks for making that. The links were great too.

• 4 weeks later...
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9926/picture4xn.png

I dunno, it looks more to me like how some weapons through the series have moved a bit when selected for use. Like Acrux... or Becrux... one of those EN weapons from fA. It'd be really nice to see inside weapons return though, dozens of floating mines are always fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Not really an update, but a heads up that we might want to start keeping an eye on FROM's main AC5 page. Someone at the ACG mentioned they noticed that one of the pics in the screenshots tab had changed, and was changed back a short time later. Something may be happening soon.