Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected!

It's probably relatively far along in its development; they just released the teaser way too early and were kidding themselves when they thought it'd be out before 2011. The music is prob done since kota is working on an album with his band Frequency.

That's just the feet. In the year-old trailer, if you watch very carefully, right after when the AC slams into the MT and rips it apart, you can see the back of the feet folding up against the back of the legs.

I've seen that too. I've been reviewing the videos for details because I fcking want this game, and I'm interested in the designs. Right after it smashes the MT, half of the feet fold up and several other panels close. This breed of AC seems to be highly detailed...almost like the Transformers are in the new movies.

Besides, half of those images are new. It details more about the core and even shows the front of the legs.

Hope they have a type of ACs where YOU RAPE others USING only ARMS ;D SOME HARD POWERED BLOODY ARMS.

Hope they have a type of ACs where YOU RAPE others USING only ARMS ;D SOME HARD POWERED BLOODY ARMS.

Can you APPROACH someone with your AC without being notice?Impossible?SINCE FROM Wants to make hiding an available option..i hope they have camouflage meters. like MGS.

Can you APPROACH someone with your AC without being notice?Impossible?SINCE FROM Wants to make hiding an available option..i hope they have camouflage meters. like MGS.

DIFFERENT MISSION DIFFERENT ABILITIES~! that will be so great and perfect.

DIFFERENT MISSION DIFFERENT ABILITIES~! that will be so great and perfect.

so many self quotes.

I am hoping for ambush tactics myself.

So I guess there's a bit more info out, but before everyone jumps to conclusions, a few things the person says make me think he's misreading something or doesn't know what he's talking about.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420444

Armored Core 5 is in Famitsu this week too:

- Bandai Namco Games is publishing this outside of Japan

- The gameplay will involve the player forming teams with other players and fighting it out online

- The objective in the game is territorial conquest

- The My Garage system allows you to upgrade you mechs

- The mech part designs are brand new

- The main component of the game is online play

Edit: Adding more details.

- The online play here is different from normal online multiplayer because it has no separate modes. By being a single seamless online mode, it makes it much easier for players to get online and start playing.

- There is a single player option.

- The main objective of the game is for your team to capture the territory of another team.

- You can set up defenses in your territories beforehand. If no players are online in a team, the defenses become the enemies for other players trying to take it.

- Teams are made up of 5 players. In combat there will be 4 players controlling mechs, while the remaining player serves as the commander and operator for the team.

- There will be something similar to Overweapons from AC4.

- There is a huge amount of content in the game.

- Release date is 2011.

One of the things he mentioned that I'm skeptical about is the "no separate modes" thing. Surely he's not suggesting that's the only online game mode and they've done away with classic One on One, right?

Also the fact that he said "There will be something similar to Overweapons from AC4" makes me take everything he said with a few grains of salt.

Remember that in one of the original interviews, they were talking about more dynamic missions, that would change depending on the actions taken. So even though that info almost seemed to insinuate that the normal story/mission modes would not be there, I don't believe that to be the case at all. Remember, the info did also imply that AC4 had overweapons. :P

I think, if anything, all this is doing is trying to create hype for a new online match type that they're putting a lot of effort and emphasis on. I hope, anyway.

Edited by Griffon