Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

I beat St. Elmo a few hours ago.

The story missions are pretty easy except Story Mission 07, the AC there is easily beatable at first but once he activates the OW, unless you blast him quickly you will die fast, I managed to defeat him with a tank with a heat cannon and howitzer.

Also for Story Missions with Trains use pulse and plasma guns or pilebunkers, Moonlight is also good if your AC is a light.

Edited by Hoppy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story missions are indeed easy, except for some of the sub quests. I can not figure out what the one for the last boss is after "beat it quick" and "don't take much damage". Maybe it was before those 2. I'm missing a bunch of others too. But I don't really care about those right now. I just wanna get the nuke and fight the big bosses.

i just made both AC member site account and the ACOP account and go to the android market to download the app through my pc and it doesn't let me install the thing, is it necessary the the AC member email must be gmail to dlc?

I did mention earlier that it was region locked.

It's not really region lock. I got the app using my Xoom tablet. All I need is that Fromsoftware log in and password but I don't know how u did it GuardianDNL. Yeah everything in the app is obviously jap but u can indeed use it. I seen another dude in Gamefaq download it and use the app, that's how I first herd about it. Hey Guardian (I know this might sound stupid) but can u let me use your Fromsoftware log in info or after I validate my email can I give u my email and Fromsoftware password so u can create a profile for me. I've been trying to do that profile forever and I just can't get through...

Making an assumption here but the reason it's not working on your PC is because it's not an Android device like phones or tablets, so the PC software won't recognize it. Has to be running some kind of android software like Honeycomb or whatever else is out there in order to work.

I find that hilarious. A game with giant robots, machine guns and lasers, and you get a perk for kicking someone.

Giant? They're 5 meters. Robots not being able to use their whole weight to be able to knee-kick/ram/body slam?

'Kay.

Charge Master. It's in every single standard mission in the game. Kick 10 enemies to death and you get it.

It threw me off on the last mission since the sub quest was gold (it's normally silver I think), and this time it is just one enemy. Oh well only 9 sub quests to go then I'll just wait around for the bosses to randomly show up >:[

Hey Niji... this looks to be a study of tuning and how it affected the Karasawa. Is there any good information in this video that we can learn from? Or anyone that can read some japanese.

www.nicovideo.jp.am/watch/nm16914724

Edited by GodlyPerfection

It looks like he's just trying to figure out how many points you gain from an affinity % wise and what the variation normally comes out to. It's not a thorough test with all weapon types, nor even with all affinity types. Just the attack power ones. I couldn't help you much more with the video than that, though.

I uploaded a new video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHuEiQ1QcGE

Boss missions pop up on the world map at random. They show up as small transparent blue 3D models of the boss itself and are selectable missions for short periods of time. They pop up randomly throughout the day, but are only accessible for about an hour each.

Your team also has to own sufficient territory to initiate a fight with a boss. Most bosses require two pieces of territory owned. You can tell how much territory your team owns by counting the little yellow plates at the top. Three plates is the maximum anything in the game requires, so they only show up to a max of three. You can own more than three, though.

I'll try and upload more videos of missions and boss fights soon. The boss fights will be much more sporadic and random, though. Haha. Currently working on cleaning up the ACV Setup Guide for all those people who imported JP ACV. Then I'll spend the rest of tonight adding parts to the ACU Wiki, since I'm falling behind on that pretty badly.

I have updated shoulder units in the ACV wiki parts list. Just arm units and overed weapons left now. Once I get the parts list done I'll go through and make sure all the english translations of the stats make as much practical sense as possible. Then I'll start cloning pages and filling in stats so we have the stats for all the parts, etc. I'll be using base (untuned) stats for weapons that can be tuned.

Also, the ACV Setup Guide has been cleaned up a bit and made more organized. The first post has to do with getting your copy of ACV online, working, and being able to navigate initial menus. The follow up posts will be filled with screenshots of more menus soon enough. I'm not sure I'm going to keep the video collection post at the bottom of that topic, though. I'll probably just delete it.

How hard is it to acquire territory? Is there a bunch of red tape involved, or do you just barge in and declare yourself the king?

Giant? They're 5 meters. Robots not being able to use their whole weight to be able to knee-kick/ram/body slam?

'Kay.

I meant it as a good thing. It's nice to get back to the basics.

Edited by Pendragon

From what I can tell, your team needs 50000 "team points" (チームポイント) [viewable from the team menu] to attack a territory and regardless of winning or losing you lose 50000 team points. I don't know about anyone else but I have terrible luck actually getting into battle. I just sit in the briefing room for hours waiting. Niji has said that's because the servers are overloaded or something.

Also, it is possible (couldn't tell you how) to attack a territory that has no human defenders, but instead is defended by a random number of random AI ACs. If you get a match like that the territory is as good as yours.

As for team points, you get a small amount of team points by doing story and order missions, but a better way is to play intrude missions with the highest amount of stars you can. At 7 stars you can get about 6000 team points for the "destroy five copters" missions. Successfully defending a territory gets you about 7500 points.

Unrelated to teams and territories WHAT IS THIS LAST SUB QUEST? It's in story mission 02 and has something to do with stealth I think. But I've gone threw without setting off the watcher things.

Edited by sniper

Thanks for the work you are doing on the wiki Niji. I'm cross referencing with the ACU wiki and the two JP wikis I'm using to get this ACV Builder Spreadsheet done. I've got all frame parts and internal parts done, all I have left is the arm/shoulder/overed units and then I need to clean up the actual Assembly sheet and add in a garage sheet where you can save your AC to the garage sheet and load it from there. Later I'll build in thing like comparing two ACs and calculated stats like DPS, Energy per second, etc. I'm also using the wiki for proper translations of the stats... lol.

The two wikis I'm using do not have the following two parts so if you could please fill in these stats on the wiki ASAP that would be amazing:

UFC-10 (FCS... not the D/UFC-10)

SONNE GNE530 (Generator)

Edited by GodlyPerfection

Okay. I have one question.

I want the Blitz Kanone. Or ANY overweapon. How do I go about getting them...?

Overweapons are gained by beating the story mode, if you are having trouble with any mission I'm online for Co-op and just screwing around in free matches at 5-7 PM CST and 11-1 AM CST on weekdays, I can help you beat them.

Edited by Hoppy