Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! I plan on being a one-man team, then, until I can contribute more than no kills and fast deaths to the rest of the class.

I've heard of teammates being able to trade AC designs, weapons, etc... Can they also trade emblems? I'd love to churn out a few memorable pics with the help of more skilled decal artists. The Flying Hellfish insignia from the Simpsons, a FOXHOUND emblem, Jake or Finn from Adventure Time, basically, any cheesy stuff that anyone could think of because I have no imagination. :(

Edited by snotes

Well there's never been team on Armored Core but youve always been able to trade designs and emblems since AC4 came out. Its actually quite neat, I remember this hell of a schematic I got from a japanese girl in For Answer back in 2009. It was an all round design with varied weapon combos that worked like a charm. Too bad I wasnt as good as her when it came to piloting it.

Niji should make a guide on how to battle in the air non stop, because many JP pilots are just fighting completely aerial with no landing at all in upper area.

OW/blade only matches are quite entertaining.

Edited by Hoppy

Well in the real game, the equipment you get is earned. And having the little achievements makes it easier for you to guess what you did wrong on the mission. Considering how annoying it was to S rank missions in the older games. Especially from my experience with Last Raven, really not enough data for you to guess what you did wrong.

Well I get that you get the equipment for the subquests where you find them (though do you aquire them as junk parts or fixed parts, or maybe just for sale in the shop?), but i meant do you get anything specifically for beating all of the subquests in one mission.

Unrelated Sidenote: Ornstein and Smough should get cameos in ACV. Maybe even Solaire as the friendliest pilot you will ever meet.

Ornstein and Smough should get cameos in ACV. Maybe even Solaire as the friendliest pilot you will ever meet.

snrk.

as for flying all the time, doesnt that mean you need to keep wall jumping. or is it a certain booster. I think boost charges raise your altitude.

edit: typos..

Edited by ^Slaanesh

snrk.

as for flying all the time, doesnt that mean you need to keep wall jumping. or is it a certain booster. I think boost charges raise your altitude.

edit: typos..

Yeah wall jumping is pretty much all it takes. There isn't much of a rocket science to do it. It is much easier to do on the urban maps since there is so much to wall jump off of. It is especially easy since floating in the air costs no energy whatsoever... so all you really have to do is sit in scan mode, float and wall jump every once in a while to refresh your height. Or you can just use a quad. lol...

As far as O&S and Solaire making cameos... that would be pretty hilarious.

Btw, using test data from a Japanese video. I have cracked the formula of scan mode regeneration. I've tested it on the demo and it works as expected, but I'm going to PM niji with the details tomorrow so niji can try testing somethings just to see if I got anything wrong with it. From how the formula works, in a logical sense (realism type logical) it seems like FROM might have made a mistake and "flipped" things. Gameplay wise it is better that they did it this "flipped way" rather than the way that would make sense. I'm putting the formula in the spreadsheet I'm making as well so people can get a better understanding of their AC.

I'll be doing a small preview video of how the spreadsheet is going to work tomorrow or the day after. I'm building in ways to build your AC directly from the different sheets and when you equip the part all the other parts' stats color red/blue depending on whether the stat is better or worse in comparison. And then a garage system that stores the ACs and you can load them up later without having to save multiple spreadsheets. I may even be able to build in a compare sheet incase you wanted to compare the pros and cons of two different but similar ACs. I'll also be taking requests for calculated stats like Damage per Second, Defense per Weight, Energy per Attack Power, or other calculated stats that people would like to see.

I'll be looking forward to this spreadsheet, I've been playing the demo since it came out so I can learn the mechanics. I also finally got the Fromsoftware app that has all the part/pics/stats in the game. The only thing the app doesn't let you do is actually build the AC so I guess that's where your spreadsheet will come in for me. I've also been following your YouTube channel and studying those Japanese players tactics. Exogen and I have been paying real close attention on learning every maneuver and tactic in the demo so far, once the game comes out here in NA we'll be picking it up and starting a team probably within ACU team.

hey two question, does the demo have a expiration time or can it be played for an indefinite amount of time? & who downloaded it on on the xbox360 in case I run into any trouble while trying to download it?

I downloaded it on the 360 and you can play it as much as you want... the problem is that it is no longer available for download. Like Ulti up there I've been practicing on the demo constantly to keep my skills up. Maybe I'll post a vid sometime of my piloting so I can get judged by you guys and try to improve a bit more.

I'll have the spreadsheet up soon it is going along smoothly. I've got a decent layout for the assembly sheet and all I've got is the shoulder sheet left for actual statistics. Then I have to go through and code all the buttons to allow equipping from each individual sheet and then build in the garage system so you can load and save ACs all from one place. I'll do the minor calculated statistics on the assembly page like Load Capacity, EN regen and what nots for the initial release. But I won't do extraneous calculated stats until the next release.

Guess Ill beat him to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=095VRYQnedE&feature=g-all-u&context=G2f6a7d4FAAAAAAAAAAA

That right here is gold for the AC community. You're welcome GodlyPerfection, haha.

Why thank you Berserk... I had to get going quickly after posting this. lol... :(

There is also a Recon Pack pre-order bonus for pre-oredering from Amazon. I don't have the details right now but its on the English ACV site.

no details yet but it sounds like sniper equipment and all recon and high tier head units.

As for that spreadsheet, try adding the performance categories and stats after it's fully tuned.