Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

no details yet but it sounds like sniper equipment and all recon and high tier head units.

As for that spreadsheet, try adding the performance categories and stats after it's fully tuned.

That won't work right off the bat since the amount it gets upgraded is random for every box you upgrade... so instead I want to focus on the FIXED variants and figure out tuning later to see if we can figure out a guestimation formula and get a sort of "average" of each affinity for each weapon when it is fully upgraded. That will take some time so for now we'll stick with FIXED variants so people have something to work with. The FIXED variants are sort of intended to be an average with no "affinities" whatsoever. It is something that I want to do in the future though, but I don't want to jump into it until we have a better understanding of the system.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have good news for people who have an xbox and were not able to play the demo. I can hook you up with it. Last night I found a way to pass it to my friends so they can try out the series (side note they are more than just a little excited :)). My only condition is that you aren't a douchebag on forums and that I can chill with you in a voice party chat to get a good feel for your personality because it requires me to give some of my personal information and trust you. I want to help people get hyped for the game so this is your chance to get some practice at piloting and building ACs a month before the game comes out. Let me know if you guys are interested.

Btw shoulder units are a pain with their diverse stats... grrr. Almost done with the shoulder weapon sheet though for the spreadsheet. I did stumble on another part that wasn't on the wiki Niji... if you would so kindly update the stats for the URL-17 BIKANER rockets then I would be very happy. :) Oh and I need to PM you the formula for scan mode energy regeneration.

I don't really wanna start a new thread for this but i wanted to know if anybody has an xbox account with ACV demo on it that i could recover to try the demo out... :3

That's actually exactly what I was talking about Silver in the post I just posted:

I have good news for people who have an xbox and were not able to play the demo. I can hook you up with it. Last night I found a way to pass it to my friends so they can try out the series (side note they are more than just a little excited :)). My only condition is that you aren't a douchebag on forums and that I can chill with you in a voice party chat to get a good feel for your personality because it requires me to give some of my personal information and trust you. I want to help people get hyped for the game so this is your chance to get some practice at piloting and building ACs a month before the game comes out. Let me know if you guys are interested.

Btw shoulder units are a pain with their diverse stats... grrr. Almost done with the shoulder weapon sheet though for the spreadsheet. I did stumble on another part that wasn't on the wiki Niji... if you would so kindly update the stats for the URL-17 BIKANER rockets then I would be very happy. :) Oh and I need to PM you the formula for scan mode energy regeneration.

I admire your helpfulness GodlyPerfection, but allowing other people to recover your gamertag is incredibly stupid.

It isn't my actual gamertag... it is my JP account. I only use it to download JP demos so it isn't that big of a deal. I've got too much built with my actual gamertag to hand it out to people I barely know.

Edited by GodlyPerfection

When they say "exclusive" do they mean that nobody else will offer you that deal, or that you can't get it in game without them?

It hope it's only the former. Pre-order bonuses piss me off if you can't get them in-game.

All the stuff is in-game... I'm pretty sure they mean exclusive to gamestop as opposed to amazon.

When they say "exclusive" do they mean that nobody else will offer you that deal, or that you can't get it in game without them?

It hope it's only the former. Pre-order bonuses piss me off if you can't get them in-game.

I doubt you can't get them in game, even the parts from the strategy guide and from my subscription of Weekly Famitsu can be obtained in-game.

URL-17 BIKANER already has a part page, but the stats are from the beta. I'll update it tonight or see if someone in chat can give me the stats and then I can update it while I'm at work. If you want to ask for an early part page to be created, just link it using the wiki tags. It makes it a lot easier to just create the page for me. Once I get the wiki discussion topics up, we'll end up using the interwiki tags I've got more often anyway.

[w]URL-17 BIKANER[/w]

That'll give it the special dotted underline link that leads back to its ACU wiki page. Just type in the wiki page name (part name in this case) and then put the BBCode tags around it. Parts are always just the part name with no prefix/suffix, so they're relatively easy to link to as long as you know the actual part name.

Also, finding FIXED stat versions of guns isn't something I've managed so far. FIXED stat guns are like sentry guns and tracker guns. I've found JUNK, FIXED, PERFORMANCE, and SPECIAL parts in the game. Guns/Blades/Cannons are only JUNK, PERFORMANCE, or SPECIAL. Honestly, cataloguing the potential tuning growth of the stats is near impossible. When you find parts in missions they're always just PERFORMANCE with a preset (maybe random?) tuning affinity assigned. Best thing to do would probably be what we're going to do on ACU wiki, just list the core untuned stats from the shop.

Tuning seems to be relatively generic anyway. About +100 attack tuning (max attack tuning) seems to yield roughly 25-30% increased attack on all guns. Assuming you get a good turnout on your weapon. It's probably safe to assume that it just works on a +/- X% basis for now. I recently tried to copy down all the tuning fields best potential stats from the tuning chart. They're not dead accurate, but they're pretty close. Note that +100 doesn't mean +100% on this data. +100 means that it has maxed that tuning field. Think of the +/- stats on this chart as "tuning points", which in turn use a different % ratio to modify your weapon.

Affinity 1 (Jousting, Hit & Run, Guerilla Warfare)

Affinity 1A: +70 Attack, -0 Reload, -10 Accuracy, +60 Range, +70 Velocity, -0 Lock Speed

Affinity 1B: +100 Attack, -20 Reload, -30 Accuracy, +80 Range, +80 Velocity, -40 Lock Speed

Affinity 2 (DFA, DFU, Bulldogging, Flanking)

Affinity 2A: -10 Attack, +80 Reload, -30 Accuracy, +30 Range, +40 Velocity, +80 Lock Speed

Affinity 2B: -20 Attack, +100 Reload, -40 Accuracy, +40 Range, +40 Velocity, +100 Lock Speed

Affinity 3 (Poking, Backpedaling, Running)

Affinity 3A: -10 Attack, -0 Reload, +70 Accuracy, +70 Range, +60 Velocity, -0 Lock Speed

Affinity 3B: -20 Attack, -10 Reload, +100 Accuracy, +100 Range, +100 Velocity, -10 Lock Speed

Remembe, those are the best stats your gun will get with each tuning field if you are INCREDIBLY lucky. Much more common would be to get just a few at best and some at worst or somewhere in-between. I'll see if I can get all the worst fields added to the list later on, then you'd have a full range for the tuning stuff. I might even take pictures.

That's actually exactly what I was talking about Silver in the post I just posted:

O_O''

Damn sorry... i just had that idea as a spur of the moment in class and didn't read the past posts... Anyways I would definitly be interested! you can chat with me anytime. My gamertag is Silver Acid. I don't believe i can be classified a douchebag xD i havent posted that much sadly. Reason is im not that knowledgable in AC as most of you are o-o

Edit: Godlyperfection was willing to let me download it on his account, it's all good. :) now to try to get used to the weird ass controls xD

Edited by Silver Acid

I'm a bit lost on Affinities. From what I gather, weapons (and other parts?) can be found (and purchased?) with one of two levels of three affinity types. Those affinity types positively and negatively affect the attributes of the part, but the actual effect emerges over time as the part is carried (not necessarily used?) in combat. And the extent of those effects is based on chance?

So...questions:

1) Do both weapons and other parts have affinities? Or just weapons?

2) Can affinity weapons be purchased? Or are weapons upgraded to have affinities? Or are they just found, randomly?

3) Does it take time in combat to increase the affinities impact to its maximum?

4) And is the extent of the affinity effects are based on chance? Example:

Is it possible to have an Affinity 1A rifle that maxes out at almost +0 across the board? Then a second rifle of the same type, but with +0 across the board but with one high attribute (say, +60 Attack)? Then a third rifle of the same type, but with very high attributes across the board?

Edited by xiliquiern

As far as what I figured out from what Niji's been posting regarding "weapons only"

Performance Parts ( or weapons really ) can be purchased from the shop when you're in a team (?). After buying the weapon you get to pick out what kind of affinity/parameter boost pack you want out of 3 possible ones ( here ), plus you get to pick if you want an extreme tuning or standard/average.

My guess on niji's examples above is that 1A would be like the first "standard" vs. 1B which might be the extreme tuning. ( don't take my word for it though it could be just same weapons and affinity set up but different results ) While the 1~3 is the different types of affinities.

I'm also guessing to improve one stat, another one gets downgraded... to keep balance I suppose.

I need to sue play asia, I still haven't gotten my copy yet >.>

Oh yeah one tiny bit of info I just remembered, apparantly in order to enhance the weapon, you'd have to take it with you on your missions and fights. Thinking leveling up weapons... which sounds weird.... WE GOT LIVING WEAPONS!

Edited by Moon Walker

Something else about performance weapons: when the territory servers are down (like they are now) you can't buy or upgrade performance weapons, but you can still use the ones you've already bought and upgraded.

And I think this has been stated before but: players can sell upgraded weapons to other players on this funky extra store thing. (also can't be done when territory servers are down)

I'm a bit lost on Affinities. From what I gather, weapons (and other parts?) can be found (and purchased?) with one of two levels of three affinity types. Those affinity types positively and negatively affect the attributes of the part, but the actual effect emerges over time as the part is carried (not necessarily used?) in combat. And the extent of those effects is based on chance?

You are correct. Only guns, blades, and cannons can have an affinity set to them. OWs, shoulder parts, sentry guns, jammers, and tracker guns can not have an affinity set to them. They all have fixed stats, like all the frame parts. Fixed stats never change and you can only own one copy of a part that has fixed stats, so you can't buy a second UHD-10/A TRISTAN head. You can, however, own multiple copies of parts that use affinities and you can even name the part to help you distinguish similar guns.

It doesn't matter if you find or purchase the weapon, they all come with affinities and they all start with no tuning. When you find parts in missions you get a random affinity, when you buy a part in the shop you get to pick the affinity. You can't not have an affinity, either. All guns have to pick one of six possible affinities, which I listed in my last post with their best possible tuning outcomes.

Once you've bought or found a part and it's in your garage, you'll find it has zero out of ten boxes filled in its tuning field. There is no way to check what affinity the gun was set to once it has been added to your garage. Now, to actually tune the part along its affinity path you need to carry it around or use it in missions of any kind (PvE/PvP). After each mission it'll gain a bit of tuning. Sometimes it'll gain one tuning point (1 box), sometimes it'll gain two to three. When it gains tuning points the stats will change in accordance with the affinity you set it to. Once it reaches ten tuning points it will be maxed and will no longer change.

4) And is the extent of the affinity effects are based on chance? Example:

Is it possible to have an Affinity 1A rifle that maxes out at almost +0 across the board? Then a second rifle of the same type, but with +0 across the board but with one high attribute (say, +60 Attack)? Then a third rifle of the same type, but with very high attributes across the board?

Yes. They are chance based. The +/- stats I listed before are just the best stats you can get. That's why they are listed as -0 in red. If you are lucky, you will lose nothing in that stat field as your gun tunes. Otherwise you will lose points.

The size of the field of deviation depends on the tuning type. 1A, 2A, and 3A are the standard tuning options. These have a smaller gap between minimum and maximum outcomes for each stat, so they are more stable and have fewer deviant stats. 1B, 2B, and 3B are the extreme tuning options. These have a bigger gap between minimum and maximum outcomes for each stat, so they are less stable and more deviant.

You can get more attack power using 1B than if you use 1A, but you could also lose a lot more reload and accuracy while doing it. Worse yet, you may end up with the same attack power as you got from 1A. It means you'll have to train some weapons up multiple times to get truly better stats.

I will take pictures and such, then post them up. It seems like I'll be doing a lot of ACV stuff tonight anyway.

A very sincere thank you to everyone who replied to my questions. The little technical interactions can be a bit confusing.

It sounds like quite an interesting system - the inclusion of a player store will be sure to make a few players a lot of money.

The answers have left me with one more question - do the final attributes appear evenly (i.e., do weapon statistics become weaker and stronger in a linear fashion) or do they appear in some other manner? Perhaps a better way to ask - do the statistic distributions of a 3/10 weapon indicate the distributions later on, just with less +/- impact? Or is it really difficult to tell what a weapon will look like until it approaches the final levels (8-10)? I'm wondering if people will be able to practice weapon farming - purchase a weapon, train it up a couple of levels to see how it is panning out, and then just forget about it if the attributes aren't looking good.

Hmmm...i'm taking a guess that when you put a weapon up for sell lots of people can buy it, not just one. Since the weapons in the player store don't go away if you buy them. Though only new arrivals and best sellers are availible for purchase. I guess if your weapon doesn't sell well it will sorta fade out like an inactive forum topic, or something.

So far the best way to upgrade a weapon is to go to an order match with a very weak AC and just do that mission over and over. It takes about 9 run throughs to get it to full performance. That's still a bit slow though so if anyone has a better way please tell us.

I honestly have no idea if the first few levels of tuning accurately represent the overall stats of the weapon after it's fully tuned or not. I haven't tested it that far in, yet. I probably will eventually though. Right now the servers are offline and I don't feel like making a single player account, so I'm just killing time on the ACU minecraft server till they come up.

Oh yah, caldari are fags.

=P

I need to be verify if these Mid legs I see in the game are as broken as I think they are. Does anyone with the game right now has the Mid leg "ULG-20 SHASTA". If so, judging by what I see, please don't tell me that the stats on these legs are indeed that unbalanced. This is what I mean...

Light weight Leg "ULG-10/L" that has...

•loading capacity of 4231

•moving- 6532

Stability- 756

Turning- 8136

Jumping- 3196

Mid weight Leg "ULG-20 SHASTA"

Loading capacity 5968 (better than most mid weight legs)

Moving- 6606

Stability- 775

Turning- 8486

Jumping- 3185

Judging by these stats, do you mean to tell me that the SHASTA has more of a loading capacity than most mid legs aaaand the agility of a light weight? Come on now...

I need to be verify if these Mid legs I see in the game are as broken as I think they are. Does anyone with the game right now has the Mid leg "ULG-20 SHASTA". If so, judging by what I see, please don't tell me that the stats on these legs are indeed that unbalanced. This is what I mean...

Light weight Leg "ULG-10/L" that has...

•loading capacity of 4231

•moving- 6532

Stability- 756

Turning- 8136

Jumping- 3196

Mid weight Leg "ULG-20 SHASTA"

Loading capacity 5968 (better than most mid weight legs)

Moving- 6606

Stability- 775

Turning- 8486

Jumping- 3185

Judging by these stats, do you mean to tell me that the SHASTA has more of a loading capacity than most mid legs aaaand the agility of a light weight? Come on now...

No, it's just that the ULG-10/L is a real bad part and that the ULG-20 SHASTA is supergood. You're comparing the worst LW Biped to the best(?) MW Biped. Look at the other LW Bipeds, those have FAR more superior movement than the MW Bipeds.

Edited by Fenrawr

No, it's just that the ULG-10/L is a real bad part and that the ULG-20 SHASTA is supergood. You're comparing the worst LW Biped to the best(?) MW Biped. Look at the other LW Bipeds, those have FAR more superior movement than the MW Bipeds.

It isn't that they are the worst it is just that they are a MW/LW hybrid. They have the highest KE defense of LWs, but less than MW. They have decent MWish stability. Average turning of MWs. They are also not very drainy which is great for those who stay in combat mode a lot... the DPS damage LWs rather than burst damage LWs will benefit more from it. The Shasta is similar in that it is more LW than it is MW but still trying to do the hybrid thing.

Edited by GodlyPerfection