Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

ACV promoting and requiring communication, promoting yes, but requiring is a stretch, I've played many free battles in PvP without anyone using mics, never done a co-op mission with mic usage either, the only time I ever even used mics was when I was an operator during free matches and even then there's no guarantee the host and other players use them 1/2 the time they don't use them. As for the cookie cutter arguement, it is true for this series, I see cookie cutter about 45-60% of PvP matches, 70% of missions, and 90% of intrude missions that result in Emergency scenerios.

This from my experience playing online.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be a mercenary because I have different groups of friends both online and irl that will be playing the game, so me being part of one team may not cut it. However, Skype may be a good way to overcome the no talking mercenary thing. Usually better quality too, from what I've seen.

(on PS3)

Edited by Mushinronja

ACV promoting and requiring communication, promoting yes, but requiring is a stretch, I've played many free battles in PvP without anyone using mics, never done a co-op mission with mic usage either, the only time I ever even used mics was when I was an operator during free matches and even then there's no guarantee the host and other players use them 1/2 the time they don't use them. As for the cookie cutter arguement, it is true for this series, I see cookie cutter about 45-60% of PvP matches, 70% of missions, and 90% of intrude missions that result in Emergency scenerios.

Definitely not required... not until higher level play once team rivalries start surfacing. You can get away with not using a mic at all. But in the situation you stated above when you were playing operator the main difference between PS3 and Xbox is that there is a higher chance on the xbox that your team members will actually have a mic when you take an operator role or at the very least have voice coming out of their TV so they can at least follow the directions you do give. The typical regular xbox user keeps their mic in at all times when they play, but some keep their mouths shut and mics muted until someone actually breaks the silence and they feel like responding. A lot of the time once one person starts talking, most others will start talking... lol. I'm one of those people who likes to break the silence or at least brings others to talk to and invite those not talking to talk. :)

Edited by GodlyPerfection

...Yes, people are evidently capable of picking up a game and playing without a mic. Thank you for telling me this.

I probably could've worded my last post better, but I think it still should've been pretty obvious that I didn't mean it in such a literal way. Point is, people like me and Niji who will communicate, are going to steamroll everyone who doesn't, no contest. I'm not talking in the casual sense.

The blading community evolved heavily on the 360 due to this type of communication. Dozens of clans were built through the game's lifespan and tons of clan matches and competition was sparked among the fan base on the 360. Off topic ACFA blading sucked hard. lol...

Only fags think blading was cool in ACFA.

Hot Damn Fenrawr!!! Chillax...

It's obvious that anytime a company shove something down our throat as a gamer we eventually embrace it. Look at the Wii remote technology. Sony came up with that tech years and years ago but it wasn't mandatory to use it in order to enjoy the PS2, which in the case of the Wii it is hence why is the most popular motion controller out there. Ok let's get into PS3 now, because Sony shoved Blu Ray down our throat with the PS3 it won the HD format war it had with HD DVD. Why did it win well because there was more PS3/blu ray players out in the market than HD DVD. Studios figured there's a better chance consumers will purchase this new movie onblu ray than hd DVD because of the Blu ray to hd DVD ratio which counting the PS3 as a Blu ray player basically tripled the amount of hd DVD. Ok so let's jump into Xbox. I'm not sure if they still do it but I know for a fact that every Xbox use to come with a head set mic in order to play and communicate online. With that much said isn't it obvious that the Xbox would have a more talkative community compared to the Wii or PS3? There's no doubt that it is the case. It's always been the console of choice when it comes to a more in depth social online platform. Sony has been trying to catch up nut it still has a long way to go. Now in terms of the game itself ACV encouraging players to communicate that's another story. There's some lazy cheap ass people now days that can't take the time of day to go and spend $30-$40 on a BT, and that messes it up for most of us that are trying to get the best of the game(team play). Me? Straight up and simple, when Exogen and I start a team if we find people to join they better have a mic, if not f***k out of here. That's some BS that 7 years into the PS3 life span and playing online you still don't have a mic.

Apparently I'm joining the fray March 20th.

Late Birthday present.

So looks like I'm probably going to be responsible for many a newbie returning the game the day of it's release. Sorry guys. :)

1. I'm annoying. (In Voice and in deed).

2. I tend to pull a magical rabbit out of my ass at the last minute.

3. I don't go easy on first timers (not a choice just impulsive must not loose devil mode yada yada).

This will be my first time joining a truly competitive environment so....please take care of me. OTL

Edited by Ogawa Lou

Not having a working operator in ACV will mean that you will get raped in average to high end intrusion missions. Demo competition was a joke, get matched up against the big teams with gouged custom territories and you'll get creamed trying to invade without an operator. The only reason most people have fun matches without an operator is because FROM put in a matchmaker that tries very, very hard to match you up against an even number of opponents.

Maybe if from nerfs custom territories, but until then you'll need operators for more than just clan matches.

My only beef with ACV is a lack of some sort of geniune spectator mode. I have no idea how I'm going to record matches now.

Not having a working operator in ACV will mean that you will get raped in average to high end intrusion missions. Demo competition was a joke, get matched up against the big teams with gouged custom territories and you'll get creamed trying to invade without an operator. The only reason most people have fun matches without an operator is because FROM put in a matchmaker that tries very, very hard to match you up against an even number of opponents.

Maybe if from nerfs custom territories, but until then you'll need operators for more than just clan matches.

My only beef with ACV is a lack of some sort of geniune spectator mode. I have no idea how I'm going to record matches now.

The closest way to record matches is play operator and pull up the camera on your teammates... that's the best I can think of at least and even then you can't record the opponent.

Yah, it's a pretty annoying issue. That idea with using operator mode is good, though. I could crop the video to not have the extra stuff that way. It would result in small video resolutions, but it's still better than recording me watching someone in the distance with my jetpack pilot girl.

Yah, it's a pretty annoying issue. That idea with using operator mode is good, though. I could crop the video to not have the extra stuff that way. It would result in small video resolutions, but it's still better than recording me watching someone in the distance with my jetpack pilot girl.

You can do better than that, you don't need to crop at all... you know how you can zoom in/out on the map? I'm pretty sure you can fullscreen that camera with the same buttons. If I remember correctly you have to press down on the D-Pad with one of those cameras up.

So, I have questions!!

For starters, can anyone recommend a decent headset for the PS3 as it seems I might, just might, need one? ;)

Secondly!

Melee damage-wise, how effective is blading/pile bunkering vs kicking someone?

Reason I ask is that I'm thinking of different things to try out once I get the game. It seems to me that if I can skip a blade/pile, I could have 2x KE damage weapons, 1 TE damage weapon, and 1 CE weapon. Use kicks for melee/stunning, and use whichever weapon my opponent is least resistant to. But I don't know if this'd be a good idea or not, hence why I'm asking!

Second question.

How feasible are MW RJ? It always seemed that some AC games bipeds worked better than RJs, and I've always had a soft spot for RJ and quads.

And do I really see the return of EOs as shoulder weapons? o.0 If you have a set of arms that have a shoulder multiplier of 2, does that mean more EO drones pop out?

And only 33 more days until ACV comes out!!!

Not saying these are the best but they are very good in my book. Get the official Sony 5.1 surround sound headset that comes with a mic. I love em, it's comfortable and it's sounds great, the mic is crystal clear. They go for $100 but it's a great buy. If you don't want to spend too much then opt for a decent Bluetooth, shop in amazon.com, you'll find something good in there for a decent price.

Well Katya there is no MW reverse joint leg type in ACV. But I think heavy weights will suit your fancy (whatever that means). This time round they get the highest stability stats in the game. They are pretty good all around otherwise. And since you can't boost up anymore, (other then a tiny height gain from charge boosting) reverse joints' big jump height is even more useful.

Blades are somewhat effective, Piles just outright instant kill most of the time, Kicks can really hurt as well.

I think the Murakumo blades stun, and can be used to combo with a kick. which would likely instant kill anything.

So, I have questions!!

For starters, can anyone recommend a decent headset for the PS3 as it seems I might, just might, need one? ;)

I can recommend you anything up to the best possible, but it depends on your budget. What I can't suggest or have no knowledge of are the 50 dollar bluetooth earpieces and whatnot. And I mean, if all you wanna do is talk to people, there's nothing wrong with them.

Edited by TMRaven

And do I really see the return of EOs as shoulder weapons? o.0 If you have a set of arms that have a shoulder multiplier of 2, does that mean more EO drones pop out?

And only 33 more days until ACV comes out!!!

http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/wiki/index.php?title=Armored_Core_V_(Part_List)#Shoulder_Unit

EOs are accounted for, and yes any shoulder weapon can be carried in either a single arm or in both arms, so you can choose to double the amount of EOs.

As far as what I've heard and brushed over it seems that double shoulder weapons is an add-on you can choose to place on existing parts which normally have only one Shoulder pod. There is no extra weight added because of this as well. At least that's what I think was said.

http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/wiki/index.php?title=Armored_Core_V_(Part_List)#Shoulder_Unit

EOs are accounted for, and yes any shoulder weapon can be carried in either a single arm or in both arms, so you can choose to double the amount of EOs.

As far as what I've heard and brushed over it seems that double shoulder weapons is an add-on you can choose to place on existing parts which normally have only one Shoulder pod. There is no extra weight added because of this as well. At least that's what I think was said.

Actually how it works is that there is a "Shoulder Magnification" stat on Arms. If it is 0 then you get none if it is 1 then it is normal and then if it is 2 then it is doubled. There are only 5 sets of arms with double shoulders... 1 is LW (kinda LW/MW hybrid) and the other 4 are HW.

Wait wait, EOs are back? As an equip-able shoulder unit? That's really cool actually.

How are grenade cannons in the game? I'm thinking I'll likely run with one of those. And are there grenade rifles?

The howitzers are great, like plasma guns don't fire them at point blank or you'll take heavy splash damage,Splash damage in ACV actually does some real damage.

The counter guns are like EOs but fire when you get hit, good for missions with Schnt and schnt 3 units and opposing ACs with gatling guns and rifles.

DAAAAANG typeD no. 5 is HARD! Much harder then the LLL (I think that's what its called). Why does it take one plate to fight the typeD no. 5 but 2 plates to fight the LLL? Oh well, better get back to the bosses since FROM is a jerk and makes them only availible at random times.

EDIT: And they're already gone. I hate this so much...

Edited by sniper