Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so like their turrets. Sounds good.

You know what'd be a nice dlc enemy? A smaller version of the Answerer from AC4A. Like LLL size, and instead of the Primal Armor explosion it would do a Mass Pulse or something when people got too close.

I don't even have the game yet and I want more, lol.

Oh of course not, you'll run into international lag bladers!

Teleports in ACV still exists but it's not like you'll see an AC jump the view width of your screen.

On the bright side though, this news means that we won't have a hard time to get our team's logo on the main screen compared to if we had to face the already high ranked jp-version teams. On the other hand, hooray we all get low class stock parts to begin with!!!!! Won't be running face first into a KRSW/KARASAWA.

Good for advertisement too if we stand out on top!

I guarantee that our team will do our best to keep you off that front page. :( You can be top three on the maps though... that'd be fine. :P lol...

But seriously, it will be nice knowing that everyone will be on even ground and that the people at the top will not just be all JP teams. I'll tell you what, we can do a 50/50 split. As long as we get the mountainous map with the dam, water, and what not. I believe it was Huge Canyon or Upper Area. That is probably my favorite map so far.

Just wanted to restate, given some of the strong reactions, that I'm not 100% on that translation. Directionally sure, though, yes.

Honestly, I think it makes sense. This game seems to be a lot more about people playing together than against one another. I could see it being pretty annoying to hire on a couple of mercs only to enter combat and find out there's a language barrier one way or another.

That being said, I'm a little curious about just how much Namco/Bandai is doing to promote the game in the US/EU. So far...it seems like pretty much nothing. AC fans will hear about it and play it. Some mech genre fans may hear about it on related blogs. But it seems like everyone else will never hear a word. I may be missing things, but there doesn't look like there is any real attempt to grow the fan base as much as simply sell the game to people who already know they want it. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Edited by xiliquiern

Just wanted to restate, given some of the strong reactions, that I'm not 100% on that translation. Directionally sure, though, yes.

Honestly, I think it makes sense. This game seems to be a lot more about people playing together than against one another. I could see it being pretty annoying to hire on a couple of mercs only to enter combat and find out there's a language barrier one way or another.

That being said, I'm a little curious about just how much Namco/Bandai is doing to promote the game in the US/EU. So far...it seems like pretty much nothing. AC fans will hear about it and play it. Some mech genre fans may hear about it on related blogs. But it seems like everyone else will never hear a word. I may be missing things, but there doesn't look like there is any real attempt to grow the fan base as much as simply sell the game to people who already know they want it. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Typical US/EU AC advertising practice, it's more of a cult following here than something super marketed and super popular like Final Fantasy.

Typical US/EU AC advertising practice, it's more of a cult following here than something super marketed and super popular like Final Fantasy.

Yeah and I actually prefer this as we get a more focused community that slowly grows over time. AC would not be the same if our community got saturated with your typical modern day gamer.

Finally got a new video up of playing against the tank in the demo. He does happen to be terrible and doesn't really use his turning bonus to his advantage. I also threw on a new weapon set based on more constant damage rather than burst damage like my shottie video. I've been asked to try a MW CQC setup so I'll look into that next. Haven't really looked into the MW legs in the demo, but we'll see how that goes.

So this is a completely different way of moving as it focuses more on constant damage rather than burst damage like my shotgun LW CQC video. This is from the demo... let me know what you think and enjoy folks.

Gatling guns aren't that good for continuous damage since most ACs will have enough defense to make them ineffective. Whereas the high damage rifles can punch through most heavies/tanks' armor.

Cool vid though. Too bad you didn't import the PS3 version :(

You can also get some of the highest damage rifles up to or close to low tier fixed BR attack power. I don't like to use them due to drain.

Gatling guns aren't that good for continuous damage since most ACs will have enough defense to make them ineffective. Whereas the high damage rifles can punch through most heavies/tanks' armor.

Cool vid though. Too bad you didn't import the PS3 version :(

Oh I know... for final game I wouldn't run gats on a tank. I'd just be asking to get swatted out of the sky at that point with their low damage output. I mainly wanted to show people who haven't imported the effect of stun on LWs and the change in CQC movement for burst damage vs continuous damage. The USG-23 (or the /H variant... can't remember which), could have totally played a continuous damage role against tanks though. Tuned for extreme attack power I believe they would hit around 1K-ish at least... then they nerfed it. :P

But like you said the high damage rifle (Is it Tansy now?) will probably be the best way to push for that damage. And depending on what the average KE defense most people will try to use on tanks I'd pick tuning based on that. I'd probably prefer fire rate in this sort of movement style... however if tanks lean more towards trying to gouge as much KE defense as possible for stuff like rifles it may just be better to focus on attack power. I'm one of those people who builds an AC to be versatile enough for most scenarios and I try not to design based on countering, but instead tweak for the metagame.

For tank legs and heavy legs I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get enough defense to block the highest damage rifles and battle rifles. One of them WILL be effective against you.

By the way is this upcoming season reset (I think one is upcoming) going to take away my one territory? And does anyone know what time it will be.

I'd say it's best to get a certain amount of defense for 2 of the damage types, then have some other way of defending/dodging/avoiding the 3rd damage type. I'd say good numbers for each damage type are: 1750 KE, 2550 CE, and 1200ish TE. Those numbers are based of the most commonly use weapons.

Might want to play around with the ACV spreadsheet ( thanks to GP here ) and see where it gets you. One thing I noticed is, HW(biped) and Tanks are mainly TE-resistant which is probably why standard KE weapons slowly chew them up.....

MW/LW parts are the KE resistant types but the low AP doesn't save them much either.

That aside, I'm just dying to run around carrying a laser cannon and fry ACs with it.

The only reason ACFA is dead is because 1- everyone is focused on ACV and 2- because that game sucked big nuts. All the lag and LW super fast BS...ugh. There's only 2 games in the entire AC history I've quit on and that's ACNB because of the ridiculous over heat and ACFA because of what I mentioned. I've been keeping up with this game pretty consistent and trust me ACV won't fail, it's way better than AC4/ACFA and there's waaaaaaay more community interaction, exp- "REAL" teams play, DLC, technicality, immersion... I can't believe you guys said that :/

Hahah, I'm actually with you in all that Ultibreaker!

I'm just not optimistic about the type of players we'll get in ACV, reading other forums and the ones in facebook gave me the impression of running into a lot of lone-wolf pro wannabes.

But of course that just means we'll be having fun teaching that numbers beats bravery ( dumb bravery ) and we'll be sweeping territories in no time flat.

I have been thinking about spreading the word of ACV locally.... I mean I could basically get people in my university interested in it. Or post in every gaming forums I come scross..... Then again we should have enough people at the release. Now if only 360 and PS3 could interract.

>JP version cannot into US server

Man, now i'm starting to regret getting it, it hurts not being able to play it online. so technically i'd need to buy the game three times.

and paying 100+ for it really put a dent in my wallet. but eh, i had fun with it.

Edited by ^Slaanesh