Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Hey ACU. I've been anticipating this game for awhile. I played AC4 and AC4a but never was really able to become apart of the online community. Since ACV is going to almost require organization and Online play, I thought that this would be a great time to get involved. So here are my details.

Live: AboveAllLogic

​ Available: Any time after 6pm

Time Zone: Central during the school year, pacific afterward.

Mic: Yes

Language:English

Nice to meet you all ^^

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSN: MachineMessiah

Availability: YES

Timezone: Pneumono Ultra

Mic: croscopicsilicovolanoconiosis

Language:Dolphin

Guys shouldn't there be a separate thread or organized set up for these. I don't think anyone is going to be digging through this thread just to find out your stats.

It will be awhile before I get NA ACV, too much importing cut into the spare money, I have a ton of other games and about 4 figures, it will be about May or June before I can get it. Well at least I have the Japanese version and can still play the game :) .

LIVE: R4CHIS

Availability: When I'm on

Timezone: Pacific

Mic:Duh

Language: Mothafuckin Amurican

I got my own team of peeps though so if you can't play with members outside of your team then whatevs.

Edited by Rachis

Guys shouldn't there be a separate thread or organized set up for these. I don't think anyone is going to be digging through this thread just to find out your stats.

Yeah probably. It's also probably best to wait for the game to come out too.

Overweapon footage makes my eyes bleed. It's the most ridiculous looking gun I've ever seen.

Yeah probably. It's also probably best to wait for the game to come out too.

Overweapon footage makes my eyes bleed. It's the most ridiculous looking gun I've ever seen.

I know that half of the people seeing this for the first time while playing will be like "Okay... so I'll equip this-- WHAT IS HAPPENING"

Ok, so I posted a CQC sniper vid a little earlier, but it was of horrible quality. This is better. Also I put new background music over the regular AC testing one.

Not bad Mushi... still gotta work on that scan mode. But you are getting there. :( How's your drift turning? This is definitely one of the builds that I will be running in retail. I need to finish designing it. :)

Edited by GodlyPerfection

Not bad Mushi... still gotta work on that scan mode. But you are getting there. :( How's your drift turning? This is definitely one of the builds that I will be running in retail. I need to finish designing it. :)

Yea, energy management is one of my major issues atm; I need to work on remembering to tap it while not attacking. With drift turning I practiced it some on my shotgun/pulse gun close range mech, and it didn't seem that tough to do. However, I like staying in the air at med range it seems (so I guess CQC isn't my strong suit lol), so I don't do it often. I'll work on it though.

And dual CQC snipers is pretty nice, it's like shotguns in that the fighting is "Hit & Run" style (because you have to wait a bit between attacks), but you have more range to work with. The range is balanced by it being weaker than shotguns though.

Practicing some CQC and drift turning... yea... not that great, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8yamoUxOYQ

Edited by Mushinronja

Are there any hidden stats this time around like AC4/A had?

I'm also wondering about firing stability. While my preferences may very well change, I know from past AC games I tend to prefer lighter weapons (rifles, machineguns and such) and tend to dislike the heavier weapons like snipers/grenades. It seems that FROM likes having break points in their equations, so is there some point where having above X amounts of firing stability/aiming precision/etc is useless for guns?

Technically, it IS possible to single handedly win an invasion: 1-Come with two sniper cannons and kill the team before they reach you. 2-Get pilebunkers and go destroy those target heli's before they blow you outta the sky.

I highly doubt a head on charge will ever work unless the team is actually dumb enough to go at you one at a time... Or the invader actually ninja assassinates the team one at a time ( which physically impossible )

But if you really want to mass murder then I can image a GOMAP tank would do the trick provided you're one heck of a tank pilot.