Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure I'm down. Today is like last night I can play I think until next week. Tomorrow there is tons of NFL with xmas party to end the night, and Sunday is tons of NBA with NFL in the evening. I could probably in theory play that night...but I can't bet on it. Sorry.

I played til just past 4 am this morning fk yeah!

I kicked some guy off a ledge onto the steps in that spiral staircase elevator in Anor Lando, then I plunged right after for the kill.

HUMILIATING

You can buy shards from andre, large shards from crestfallen merch, and farm darkwraiths/black knights for chunks. Stop being lazy. Asking for finite stuff is more acceptable but it'd be best if you offered something finite in return.

If you have a titanite slab, I'll give you all of that stuff for it. I think I've got golem souls to spare. I'll give you a stack of 99 shards and 99 large shards or whatever. I just need a slab.

This is all if you're in the SL120 range though. Otherwise, you're on your own.

I mostly need the pyro flame to try out power within without it killing me as fast. Of course I can get titanite by myself unless any of you honestly didn't need your titanite and had several. However, I used all of my boss souls for quick souls, other than Quelaags, so I would need core of golem souls or dragon bone fists. I'm trying to pvp with fist weapons and have a +15 cestus right now. I'm also SL107 as a sunbro on this character, not sure if that's hitting the range of the 120-125 crowd.

I want to level up to 120/125 anyway, but I'm not sure what to increase. I think I'm pretty content with the stats I have now, but I don't know what's good for me or not. I want to use fist weapons and pyromancy with this character.

SL: 107

Vit: 30

Att: 23

End: 33

Str: 34

Dex: 40

Res: 12 (default)

Int: 10 (default)

Fai: 8 (default)

So I was considering using Power Within, but would need an unupgraded pyro flame for less health drain. I was also considering using a dragon bone fist but I'm not sure if my cestus+15 is already good enough. Before I'm sure of what I need, I'd like some help with this.

Your vit and end should be 40/40 minimum. You're vit should be a lot higher than that since using fists means you need to get in the pocket and swing for days until you finally get a stun, but that's not gonna happen now. You can get 40/40 at like SL124. Cartwheel ring and fap ring are your best choices. I'd prolly run as much havel armor as I could possibly fit and try to get 76 poise (or 106 fk it).

I'm guessing you went 40 dex because you wanted to use claws, too.

You're gonna need two pyro hands to run pyromancy and power within, and even then I haven't tested it to make sure that works so I can't say for sure.

I have one pyro hand at ascended +5 (max) now, and using power within will drain me 25 hp per second when I use it.

I increased dex to 40 for two reasons: one, at first I thought I was going to go for 40/40 str/dex to use the cestus+15 to its fullest, but there doesn't seem to be that much difference in damage from 34/40 str/dex to 40/40 with the cestus according to the online weapon calculator. Two, I went ahead and brought dex to 40 anyway after hearing it decreased cast time for spells/miracles/pyromancy. It was probably a mistake.

My strength is where it is since it's the absolute minimum to wield 50 str weapons. Stupid thing is I did this just cause I could and not because I plan to use those heavy weapons. However my str was already increased when I was bent on going 40/40, and I'd need even more str if I want to use dragon bone effectively.

My endurance is where it is so I have just enough equip load to wear my current equipment, including havel's gloves/boots, below 50% encumberance. I use the flip ring about all the time.

Does the dragon bone fist actually stun more than the cestus? Is the lock-on-shoryuken R2 attack actually good to use? Basically, am I better off with getting a DBF+5 or my current Cestus+15?

Also, I'm using Quelaag's sword +5 right now until my character is in the proper state to use fists effectively.

Ya it was pretty fun last night. I couldnt believe that ppl were running from dragonslayer spear. It was hilarious. Even some red ran from it and he was camping it up behind the shield. I g.combusted his ass to kill him for 68 damage. So good. Can't wait to start running butcher knife against ppl

EDIT: oh mad posts in between. Kanji, why do you have so much points in att? You dont have enough int or int to make anything worthwhile, so that leaves out pyromancy. I wouldn't have gone higher than 19. I prob wouldnt even have gone higher than 16 actually.

Edited by Ethos

KDanji, your current setup is actually pretty solid. I would convert it to a different class though. If you want to use the Shoryu Fist, make another file with 40 STR and use enchants with it. Otherwise, the damage is lackluster. I should know, the Fist is one of my primary weapons.

I use to run a setup like your almost exactly, except I had 40 Vit, 40 End, and 19 Att. It was really good. Try some of these setups:

- Greatshield of Artorias + Demon Spear: Block for days and the Demon Spear gets a lot of umph because of your stat spread.

- Greatshield of Artorias + Winged Spear + Poison Resin: Annoy people with poison while hiding the best shield in the game.

- Murakumo +15 + Poison Resin: The Mura is boss. The ability to 1H it and maxing out on dex makes this one of the best weapons in the game, IMO. Put the Demon Spear on the left hand to play with footsies.

Btw, the Washing Pole and Spears are like the best left weapons. I managed to parry quite a few people with the Washing Pole and play footsies with it. Awesome.

My character isn't destined to fist then? I might have to learn how to bottomless box glitch and get it right next time. I'm pretty set on making this character a pyrofistymancer so any tips to make the best such class possible would be great. In the meantime, I'm making an ultra-greatsword centered character who started as a bandit today and I'm just getting his str/dex at the right place right now.

John and Jose, we should play tonight. Either do levels, forest troll, or Dark Anol duel. Both of my STR and DEX builds are SL131, so I should host to get the most invaders.

Dude, last night, I was White Soaping at Dark Anol with nothing but a Sack, Lightning Demon Great Machete +15, and Pyro Hand +20, and people keep picking me up within a minute. I guess people are fans of Maneater Mildred. I beat the Bang Bros like 20 times last night. It was great.

Mike and I also beat at least 28 forest kids in a row last night with my unfinished Dex build, I don't even have Darkwood Ring or the spells, and his weakest build. It was sad and hilarious.

GG to Jose. How do you like the Lifehunt Scythe?

It has hilarious riposte.

Dat Hornet Ring makes every riposte hilarious.

My character isn't destined to fist then? I might have to learn how to bottomless box glitch and get it right next time. I'm pretty set on making this character a pyrofistymancer so any tips to make the best such class possible would be great. In the meantime, I'm making an ultra-greatsword centered character who started as a bandit today and I'm just getting his str/dex at the right place right now.

My STR/FAITH build was actually built with the Fist in mind at SL121 (50/16/40/40/-/-/-/30)

Vitality @ 50 because you won't beat down your opponent as quick, so you need to live long enough to survive a Zwei combo or a Rapier BS.

Attunement @ 16 for Sunlight Blade, Darkmoon Blade, Great Magic Barrier, and Wrath of the Gods. You don't need Great Magic Barrier but it is one of my favorite spells against enchants and mages. Maybe even more than Green Blossoms. Stamina regeneration is important too. Both enchants makes Dragon Bone Fist worthwhile and an actual threat, but only for 60 seconds a piece.

Endurance @ 40 to max out stamina.

Strength @ 40 for max damage output.

Faith @ 30 for Sunlight Blade and Darkmoon Blade.

The only reason why Sara is at SL131 now is because I decided to put 10 extra on Dex to wield the mighty Black Knight Halberd. Probably not a good choice for Darwraith but it is a Darkmoon build so fk it. I am building a SL99 Darkwraith file to get as much invasions as possible. Too bad none of you guys play SL99. It is all good though.

Edited by Honest Frank