Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already planning to start the character over with a bottomless box glitch. Merry Christmas.

It had a red slab and a regular slab. It still will.

Anyway, I'll lean towards Honest Frank's recommendation for the build, but are those really my best/only option for enchants? I also still want to use pyromancy so I want spell slots open for those. Can you think up a more pyro-flavored fist build? In the meantime, I'll be screwing around with my from-scratch SL22 Bandit with a BK Greatsword (lucky drop). Before I finally pull the plug on my pyro character to redo her, I will farm some titanite and stuff at some point, then make a new character over the file. If there's possibly anything I should know about before box glitching over this end-game character, please let me know, like what to collect, what i should probably forge, etc.

Also some of these summonable anti-griefers are pretty bad at what they do. It's inspiring me to turn my first character into one. I still hope to summon them for help throughout these early parts of the game with my ultra-greatswordsman, though.

Edited by KDanji

I didn't read anyone's posts but it was probably useful information. My 2c is that dragon bone fist is hilarious but if you are a sore loser I wouldn't run it. You're probably gonna lose more often than normal.

Yeah dex is a waste on that character. You should be like 50/19/40/40/-/-/-/- and if there is extra put it in either str or vit...or even 4 more points for attune. I guess. To be completely honest the dragon bone fist is far far FAR better used with an enchant spell than pyromancy.

Screw it. Here, merry xmas:

Fist of the North Star (cleric 120)

covenant: whatever

stats: 50/14/40/40/-/-/31/-

spells: power within, wrath of the gods, sunlight blade

r arm: dragon bone fist +5, Pyro Hand +0

l arm: Grass Crest Shield +10, Darkmoon Talisman OR Canvas Talisman OR Thorolund Talisman (I forget what's best at 31 faith)

armor: mom or kid mask, whatever fits, havel arms, havel legs

rings: fap ring, cartwheel ring

Raise faith as you see fit. It looks fun, anyhow.

Edited by Penguin Deus

I love how Mike and I came up with effectively the same build.

If you want an INT variant, you could go with:

stats: 50/14/40/40/-/-/32/-

spells: crystal homing soulmass, crystal magic weapon x2

r arm: dragon bone fist +5, better weapon

l arm: shield or weapon of choice, Tin Crystallization Catalyst

armor: Whatever. 40 poise min. 55 poise goal. Higher the poise the better.

rings: fap ring, cartwheel ring

If you want a pyro build, then the Dragon Bone Fist is probably not your weapon of choice. It is fun to shoryu with though.

Edited by Honest Frank

I might have your stuff but I gotta be honest it's all mixed in with my other files now so I don't really know where it all is, or what it was. The only important thing I remember was you had a Balder Side Sword +15. Everything else was shit you could buy from Shiva, aside from a lot of titanite chunks.

Catch me on aim. It's faster.

Oh and I think Blue Eye Stone doesn't have a lower invasion limit. I'm not totally sure though. I just know that I keep invading guys who only have like 400 hp and the money calculator is saying they're around SL40-50.

Get me some demon titanite before you patch. Like 20-30 is good if you got that kind of time.

I can see how this would be a problem if I wanted to use power within, full power pyromancies, and enchants for a dragon bone fist at the same time since I'd have to sacrifice a shield to hold two pyro hands a catalyst and a fist. Perhaps if I trained to be a master at parrying with my catalyst/pyro hand.

After that I'd just have to decide which is better, crystal weapon with the crystal catalyst or sunlight/darkmoon blade with whatever talisman is best.

Decide for me, which is better?

Well its like this dood:

DMB does the most magic damage, but has the most idiotic requirements to get that

CMW is comparable but requires you to go to a later level to get the stuff you need to cast it right

SLB does comparable damage to both, can't be stuffed by great magic barrier, and is easy as shit to get

Get SLB.

SLB is better for lazy people.

In fact just follow Elton and my suggested build.

Hey nob, I want 8 Demon Titanites. If you can dupe Dragon Scales, that's be great too. I want 10 of them. Thanks! I will buy you all the weapons from Shiva as you want! I have a bunch of Demon Great Machetes and Shotels that Owen never took.

KDanji, don't think of it as SLB/DMB vs. CMW. Think of it as Homing Crystal Soulmass vs. Wrath of the Gods and which the Dragon Bone Fist would benefit most from. HCSM is a defensive spell that can help you control space. WotG is a offensive spell that can deal big damage if your opponent is caught off guard. ALSO, you can't parry with Pyro Hand, Catalysts, or Talismans. The non-shields that can parry are thrusting swords (rapier), curved swords (scimitar), katanas (uchi), and daggers (bandit).

GGs to John. Dark Anol was fun. Chaos Blade is amazing but I can't seem to beat spears with it. I am going to have to come up with different tactics. The kick is also amazing. It breaks guard and gives you free hits as long as your weapon is quick enough to hit your opponent before they recover, so none of the STR weapons or Mura.

Edited by Honest Frank

I think all curved swords can parry, same with all knives, katanas, and rapiers. I know for a fact all curved swords and rapiers can since I've done it with every last one of them. I haven't checked with knives and katanas.

Wog is a lot more than an offensive spell. It's fantastic as a defensive spell, it's a panic button for most people, and it pretty much is just the best overall spell in the game.

Don't listen to Elton, don't look at it as wog vs chsm. That's silly. It's no contest, frankly.

You'll never see a build that's 5 sets of chsm only.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Yeah, I gotta agree with mike. I can't tell you how many times I've used wog defensively. It's great as a way to deal with people trying to overwhelm you with combos or stun. I've also used it as a way to deal with groups (like when im invading and run across a squad. I'd pretend I'm running away and as they'd get closer, I'd let off a wog. You'd be surprised how many ppl switch from offensive to defensive in that situation.)

Anyway kdan. My advice to you is, don't ask for people to decide what to do with your character. The better approach is to create the concept yourself and then ask people for advice on that. If you ask people to make your build for you, you may end up with something you don't particularly like.

I think all curved swords can parry, same with all knives, katanas, and rapiers.

Ya, they all can.

Don't listen to Elton, don't look at it as wog vs chsm. That's silly. It's no contest, frankly.

You'll never see a build that's 5 sets of chsm only.

I won't say no contest because they are different spell with different uses. Probably saying that HCSM is a better defensive spell was the wrong wording for it, because WotG is also a great defensive spell. HCSM is a great spell to play mind games and spacing with. I have seen tons of CMW builds with CMW x2 and HCSM x1. Maybe sometimes with HCSM x2 if they have four slots, but that is rare. On a Moonlight build, you want have HCSM x2 and CSS x2 for sure.

Also, if you us CMW, you can get three uses in NG+ if you plan to use TCC. If you go faith, you can only SLB x2 and DMB on NG++.

Edited by Honest Frank

I'll get you whatever you need noob.

You can run wog and a full havel suit and that's it, and win. There's no contest.

wog blocks sorcery, it comes out near instantly, does high damage, has 3 castings per slot, and you can combo people to death with it. It's the bkga of magic. chsm is good but nothing in the game compares to wog as a spell.

I've personally have never gotten hit by a full homing crystal soul mass at all in all the time I've played Dark Souls.

Wraith of the Gods can be easily rolled through if you time it right, but that's like the only thing you can take away from it, and you can write down 100 things it has going for it.

Yeah elton, I don't know about that. I'm not sure about what mind games you can play with hcsm. Every time I go 1v1 with it and someone uses it, I just go to close range, do a side roll to dodge then clip the guy with w/e weapon I happen to have. I think about the only time I've gotten hit with it that isnt lag related is when I invade a squad and some fool uses it when I am fighting someone else.

EDIT: oh ya nob. I'd appreciate demon titanites and dscales as well. Any you can spare would be awesome.

Edited by Ethos

I've been pretty conflicted here as I've been trying to write a post but seeing new posts popping up that all make sense, especially Eth-jose. I've deleted what I've written and will just make short basic opinions/statements.

HCSM sounds pretty necessary for such a risky build.

More weapon buff uses with CMW sounds pretty tempting, pretty necessary for long pvp fights.

However, I like WoG for its different uses, also acting like the Burst from fighting games (Guilty Gear, etc.); makes sense for my punchy character.

SLB not being affected (?) by magic defense is cool.

Power Within, being able to stack (?) with SLB for extra punching power is cool, doubly cool because it's a pyromancy.

With Mike-guin's build, I can switch out the pvp specific stuff (PW, WoG) use the slots for pyro, switch out the pyro glove+0 and still kill bosses quickly.

With the faith from the build, I could even use heal.

Basically it's easier (even if only slightly) to do the more menial Dark Souls tasks, killing bosses, being a helpful summon, with Penguin's build. Plus I still have the strange burning desire to have a PYROfistymancer, and his build allows me to switch into that when I please without totally ruining the build.

Going with the Penguin on this one.

I wouldn't say soul mass is necessary on the build tbh. Since you are running a risky build, you'd be better off running something more reliable than that. Although, they may get careless if they see you with a fist weapon. I wouldn't count on it though.

Wog blows it out for that anyhow cuz you can use it to set up the combo. Kick wog socksocksock or wog socksocksock. Or socksocksock wog when you realize they can still swing and socksocksock some more.

Jose is right. And yeah I used wog with dragon bone fist when I was using it.

You can run wog and a full havel suit and that's it, and win. There's no contest.

wog blocks sorcery, it comes out near instantly, does high damage, has 3 castings per slot, and you can combo people to death with it. It's the bkga of magic. chsm is good but nothing in the game compares to wog as a spell.

I have played against enough full giants / havels with nothing but WotG to know how good it is. I am not debating how WotG is a tier 1 spell while HCSM is a tier 2 spell. This is obvious.

HCSM has some applications that I like that enchant builds can benefit from. When your initial CMW runs out, you can back you, cast HCSM, and try to recast CMW more safely, though not safely because you can still get BSed. Having HCSM online treats as a constant threat when you want to control spacing, and close in. It does not have to hit. I am not planning for it to hit. The only time it hits if my opponent does something stupid, like a random Zwei R1, or can't react fast enough to dodge.

And ya, my family has a change of plans. I will be playing online tonight regardless. I will reply more tonight when I get the chance and go on AIM.

There's nothing to argue anymore, it's fine. You've already agreed with the rest of us that it's no contest.

Noone has ever argued chsm is no good. Everyone knows how good it is. Still no contest.

I'm trying to get on late as well if anyone is down for that sort of thing. I think I can host dark anor lando on my spear file, and as usual I'd like to do some levels or at least I claim that.

This week I have off completely though so if anyone wants to do anything I'm down. In the meantime I need to go ahead and get all my files to Kiln (ng or ng+) as well as get my one non SL120 file up to SL120.