Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Your first question was too indirect. Try being more specific when you want a specific answer. I've seen way to many people ask mundane questions about the game because most people are too lazy to do their own research.

Regardless I did fail to talk about the details of tank cannon dynamics but I can't really say much on that given what I've seen. Apparently they will indeed be similar to the Older Generation Dynamics.

I'd really do want to see a Limit Release mechanic this time around though. Except this time it should risk damaging the frame overall.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love fighting snipers unless I have no idea where they came from, sneak up on em from the shadows then UNLEASH HELL!

Most people who will try to snipe will just bunker down and hold a position, which is not a sniper but a distraction to anyone with a brain. A good sniper would move around unless setting a trap. A golden rule snipers use in the military is two shots then move, which I use otherwise I'm going to get ambushed.

Most people who will try to snipe will just bunker down and hold a position, which is not a sniper but a distraction to anyone with a brain. A good sniper would move around unless setting a trap. A golden rule snipers use in the military is two shots then move, which I use otherwise I'm going to get ambushed.

Ah yes I just forgot about the two shots part. But I am quite aware of how real snipers will fight in warzone. In games they will generally get to greedy with their shots and they become easy targets for me. It's the guys like you who make it a real fun challenge. I like knowing the area enough to predict movements as a whole.

In fact me and my brother are definitely going to make use of the Operator position in MP.

"two shots then move" use that at parties

irl they get greedy with their shots

loooooooooooool

Oh god I needed that laugh!

Oh looks like ACV has a release date for the States. Looks like I'll be getting it a few days after it's Japanese release. I know what I want for a belated birthday present. Nothing official yet though...but given the projected date it would seem they are shipping it around the same day they start distributing in Japan.

Edited by Ogawa L.A

i'm sure ACU well have more than 20 people what going to happen?

No clue but seeing the world map and how many dots there were in a single region kinda makes me think that it'd be sorta impossible to have control of the majority of the region to have your logo stand out on the bigger world map.

BUT, if we are going to have that many members with ACV copies... might as well start forming like those old league teams or something.

Edit: Or better yet, I was hoping we'd get something like ACOP ( Official Partner thing ). As far as I can figure out from the layout, it's more like our humble forums where people draft teammates but in a more classy and official looking way I guess.

Edited by Moon Walker

I went browsing to the old pictures of ACV and I remembered this:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298641_209732609090978_135940349803538_572322_592536703_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/309517_209732625757643_135940349803538_572323_193119299_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308115_209732692424303_135940349803538_572325_686243668_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/295715_209732662424306_135940349803538_572324_651681827_n.jpg

I'm hoping those things that look like Jet Boosters are actually Jet Boosters and not some type of oversized flaming death, either way a booster that big may cause damage to however is within radius anyways.

And if those giant fingers shoot like machine gun grenades then we are all DEAD.

Even with the normal sized AC's that thing is still probably the same size as the original Giant MT

3:10

Or at least around the same size class.

Doing something over again in a game that's mimicking an older game, on a previous console; is never good.

It's smart to add new dynamics.

Well, opinions vary. I personally love fighting giant MTs. I don't want them to throw it out just because everyone wants complete and utter change.

Well, opinions vary. I personally love fighting giant MTs. I don't want them to throw it out just because everyone wants complete and utter change.

His point definitly follows through with Nineball though, it's cool as a secret mission that's irrelevant to the story or the original product. But the people that seriously expect Nineball to show up as part of the in game story and everything really annoy me.

Put the giant MT from the first AC game coming back in Nexus is cool though since it was only just a one time thing. Alas I still need to get Nexus and play it myself before I can really judge the game.

Oh, is THAT what he meant?

Well, yeah, I can agree on that. Nineball is like a gingerbread house. You build up to him slowly and then eat him, and it's the best thing you'll get all year. But it loses that special flavor if you have it every single month.

What I was talking about was specifically the Nexus mission that he said "ripped off" the original game. I didn't mind it ripping off since the entire point of the "Revolution" disk was to remake missions from previous games in higher def. If they shoehorned it into the "Evolution" disk for no reason, then yeah, i'd see what you're saying.

His point actually does qualify for a lot of games in general. At the same time their are a lot of things that changed with a console that I get annoyed about rather than what stayed the same. I'm pretty sure everyone remembers the first time they played the PS2 version of a series they loved on the PSone, though I don't know how many actually were paying attention to the gameplay and were to busy being amazed by the graphics back then haha. I felt so annoyed when the gameplay itself became smoother and almost plushy to the extent that I felt like I was handling a ball of puff rather than a raging death machine.

Alas it was a minor annoyance for the first few minutes that I quickly got over.

Anyway on that clip that was just posted, I'm liking the scenes with very tall buildings, I can't count how many times I wish I could do that in the older games. The jumping off buildings feature that is.

I felt so annoyed when the gameplay itself became smoother and almost plushy to the extent that I felt like I was handling a ball of puff rather than a raging death machine.

I was playing MoA on psone right when the PS2 and AC2 came out, it was my first purchase for the new console. I find your description very accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH88RkY0Ygc Awesome rain effects in a destroyed city, and a kick-ass in game cutscene at 2:46. Also, who are the Men of Honor?

Unless I'm wrong that last scene ( Men of Honor ) looks like the one where you "hire other players as mercenaries" for your team... Weren't we discussing something about free lancers few months ago?

I guess we were too caught up with the team play and territories that we forgot all about it.

That knee bash move is a neat feature, but so far it's only been used on MTs. Now if it's still applicable on ACs then man, those heavy weight ACs wouldn't be so handicapped against LW with close range/melee weapons.

I was playing MoA on psone right when the PS2 and AC2 came out, it was my first purchase for the new console. I find your description very accurate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way. It is also part of why I'm so hyped for this game, I get to solve all my problems by ramming into them!

Unless I'm wrong that last scene ( Men of Honor ) looks like the one where you "hire other players as mercenaries" for your team... Weren't we discussing something about free lancers few months ago?

I guess we were too caught up with the team play and territories that we forgot all about it.

That knee bash move is a neat feature, but so far it's only been used on MTs. Now if it's still applicable on ACs then man, those heavy weight ACs wouldn't be so handicapped against LW with close range/melee weapons.

I mentioned this to someone before I joined this thread (talking to the mass of idiots who had no fumbling football of a clue about this game and were still busy complaining about the reduced height of the ACs).

Ah at first I found it very advantageous for tanks now that the ram feature that I longed for in AC since the beginning was finally added. But after seeing all the footage since then I don't really know how much of a tactical advantage it really serves. However, I was corrected before on the capabilties of the Sniper Cannon against fast moving targets so I guess at this point that's another feature of the game we wont be sure about unless someone who is playing the beta can tell us how effective ramming is against other ACs.