Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna share a little discovery of mine.

When using EN amplifiers, sub computers, or ammo magazines with an arm part that has 2 shoulder weapon slots, the bonus of the shoulder unit gets doubled. It does not, however double the weight of drain of the shoulder unit like you might think. So its possible to about double energy weapon damage, add 40%/70% ammo to all of your weapons, or have fast lock speed with just about anything. Fun times.

Also I think sub computers give your team mates lock speed improvments if they are close enough to you. I think the second to last stat for them is the range that team mates have to be within to get better lock speeds, and the last stat is how much of the lock speed bonus they get.

Edited by sniper

WOAH!!! That's quite the find... so ammo mags with the LW arms that have 2 for shoulder magnification will be amazing. :) Oh that makes me happy. Except they have more weight than MW arms and a decent amount of EN drain. I'll probably make an AC to capitalize on that. All the double shoulder arms are pretty heavy and EN drainy. I can't wait to get my hands on this. :)

The EN amplifiers are probably the craziest of the 3 since you can get near 20000 attack power out of the karasawa. And pulse cannons just vaporize everything.

Also it seems some japanese players know about this too. Just saw someone with 2 karasawas and an arm part with 2 shoulder weapons slots. He/she probably had EN amplifiers. So be on your guard out there.

You can break the face of players who use dual EN weapons with or without dual EN AMP pretty easy with a single generator jammer. It immediately shits their output down to 0. You can't even do a proper jump without energy. Let alone charge up a fullsize Karasawa.

I haven't had much luck using the jammers. People always manage to escape...I probably just suck. If I remember right the EN jammer guns don't go very far, so you'd have to get close. The EN jammers would probably be devestating to my EN tank, but thankfully no one uses jammers. Everyone one will use jammers now...QUICK make a model that uses four jammers and just annoy everyone to death.

By the way what do the green and red jammers do?

Blue: Movement Jammer (Average Interference Radius - 35m)

Green: FCS Jammer (Average Interference Radius - 70m)

Yellow: Generator Jammer (Average Interference Radius - 25m)

Red: Recon Unit Jammer (Average Interference Radius - 100m)

While the generator jammers may have poor range, you can lay down up to five of them (UFC-10 FCS) around your AC or any other key area. The good ones run roughly a 60m diameter of effect range, with multiple charges down and spread out you'll cover quite a bit of space. They knock out 80% of the opponents EN Output if you use UGJ-22/H. They do not stack, though.

Also keep in mind that more dangerous than the generator jammer guns are the generator jammer fields. Those are produced by turrets that can be placed for custom defense of maps. They are significantly more dangerous and they knock out 75% of your generators output easily. They have a very large radius. I should know, I used two of them for defending our territory during the demo. Hahaha. Chode and I won every 2v5 no contest.

Also keep in mind that more dangerous than the generator jammer guns are the generator jammer fields. Those are produced by turrets that can be placed for custom defense of maps. They are significantly more dangerous and they knock out 75% of your generators output easily. They have a very large radius. I should know, I used two of them for defending our territory during the demo. Hahaha. Chode and I won every 2v5 no contest.

Genius! Freaking Genius!

Where's my damned copy of JP ACV >.< been 2 weeks now and I'm missing all the fun!

Those jammer turrets are beasts. First time I ran into one I nearly died right then and there from just regular turret fire. I pretty sure the jammer turrets not only drain your energy, but also drastically reduce your movement speed and stability. I also have those things defending my territory. (not that anyone attacks it)

Me thinks Ima gonna have to retry using jammers.

EDIT: Heres a not so good translation of what 1.02 does from the players site:

http://translate.goo...R-ogVAVCbKwQD7A

EDIT2: NO. What happened to my custom turret layout? IM GONNA LOSE MY ONLY TERRITORY!

EDITagain: oops, I never saved the turret layout to the territory, or something. It's fixed now, and I still have mah territory :)

Edited by sniper

The EN amplifiers are probably the craziest of the 3 since you can get near 20000 attack power out of the karasawa. And pulse cannons just vaporize everything.

Also it seems some japanese players know about this too. Just saw someone with 2 karasawas and an arm part with 2 shoulder weapons slots. He/she probably had EN amplifiers. So be on your guard out there.

I found that out about a week ago, I use an AC with an en amplifer but with plasma and pulse guns instead of Sawas.

can anyone explain to me about ver1.02 and what is NAT1 NAT2 NAT3 feels like from is ripping people off some how i may be wrong can anyone tell me?

NAT type 1 is when your ps3 is directly connected to the modem witha static IP, theres no firewall interference. Nat 2 is when you are connected to a router with a dynamic IP btu everything is working fine. NAT 3 is when there is something wrong, such as mismatched ports, or a firewall is blocking you..

NAT type 1 is when your ps3 is directly connected to the modem witha static IP, theres no firewall interference. Nat 2 is when you are connected to a router with a dynamic IP btu everything is working fine. NAT 3 is when there is something wrong, such as mismatched ports, or a firewall is blocking you..

thank you thank you thank you Slaanesh

I don't mean to be random, but can someone help me create a Fromsoftware account so I can download the ACV app that's in the android market place. I tried but I just don't understand Japanese. I just need a fromsoftware usser name and password to use the app. I can't seem to create a profile ...thank you

Go here: FROM SOFTWARE MEMBER REGISTRATION

The big orange O button means OK, the blue X button means cancel. Just use google translate to get your way through it. I think you just click O to start, enter your email and desired password, then validate via email, then you're done. I'm not 100% sure, tho. It's been years and years since I made an account.

If you're talking about special bosses then I can help out there. I don't know much about the story missions though, since I still haven't played them. When you see flashing lights or floating 3d see-through AC images on the map, or stuff on fire, it means that if you access that region's mission list you'll be able to partake in a special mission. Early this morning I had the option of fighting the super enormous red AC-like guy, but I didn't have the time to play since I had to head out. He was a selectable mission in Upper Area, I believe. Probably gone now. Same thing with all the other stuff, you just gotta look for the flashing lights, etc.

I think. I'm honestly not too sure about the story mode stuff yet, haha.

Yeah I've gotten as far as validating my email, after that I guess it takes you to a create a profile screen. I put a chick name "Atsuko", last name doesn't go through. I put my birthday and gender, then it ask for city so I put Tokyo. Then address and phone number. I just can't get it...I'm translating it using google but I guess I'm using wrong phonetic. Dude if u can guide me through that or create a profile for me that'll be awesome I'll give u my email and the password I use for creating a profile. I really want that app, it's cool how u can see all the parts and compare stats. Sorry for bothering 

If you're talking about special bosses then I can help out there. I don't know much about the story missions though, since I still haven't played them. When you see flashing lights or floating 3d see-through AC images on the map, or stuff on fire, it means that if you access that region's mission list you'll be able to partake in a special mission. Early this morning I had the option of fighting the super enormous red AC-like guy, but I didn't have the time to play since I had to head out. He was a selectable mission in Upper Area, I believe. Probably gone now. Same thing with all the other stuff, you just gotta look for the flashing lights, etc.

I think. I'm honestly not too sure about the story mode stuff yet, haha.

....I think I saw one of those in the demo but I have yet to see one in the full game. Buried facility has been flashing since the game came out, yet I see nothing special there. I hope I don't need 2 yellow shield things to fight the big bosses or Zodiac people, since I only have one and can't seem to get a second.

The bosses better not only appear at mornings.

Edited by sniper