Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Mercenary feels like hit or miss... nothing more frustrating then doing well and scrimping on ammo and still be negative.

Same with playing with morons that wanna rush blindly solo into a squad of 4+1....

today it was

team gets slaughtered, I do all the work. lose money

order missions. partner is a retard. do all the work. lose money

Invasion. stuck with morons that get us destroyed. lose money.

Invasion. Everyone stuck dead center of map. sortie canceled.

Invasion. Everyone stuck dead center of map. EMERGENCY. do all the work (mind you I'm terrible) lose money.

fuck.

Greatest F Rank merc ever.

Edited by Densuo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to be more eager to recruit me as a mercenary when I have a LW with only murakumos as the selected AC and ??? in the description ^_^ Fun to mess around every once in a while. I've failed a couple times using it but my rank didn't go down from S, I guess its far harder to drop if you're high on the merc leaderboard (was #7 on PAL server) Edited by Zaarock

Mercenary feels like hit or miss... nothing more frustrating then doing well and scrimping on ammo and still be negative.

Same with playing with morons that wanna rush blindly solo into a squad of 4+1....

today it was

team gets slaughtered, I do all the work. lose money

order missions. partner is a retard. do all the work. lose money

Invasion. stuck with morons that get us destroyed. lose money.

Invasion. Everyone stuck dead center of map. sortie canceled.

Invasion. Everyone stuck dead center of map. EMERGENCY. do all the work (mind you I'm terrible) lose money.

fuck.

Greatest F Rank merc ever.

Wanna race? I've already earned -1million and change.... Hahah... -.-

only on stronghold is when you all have to wait on ready

I have never had to wait on ready in any mission setup, be it intrusion or defense. You can always chill in workshop/assembly and just put together ACs and look at parts until your countdown timer starts. Once you're in a room the matchmaker has you queued. I distinctly remember starting quite a few defense missions as a merc on JP server while still being in the assembly menu. I think you're just experiencing a placebo effect.

I like how the game handles having boosters on and off. loving how weight really really affects your maneuverability with boosters on. gives some actual value to turning them off at the right time to make a quick turn.

I think From Soft really figured out a good combination of old and new here. I'm not a massive fan of all the visuals and general styling. I think some things are just overdone, like the blur effect when boosting on everything on screen. not a fan. even moving with boosters on makes all the nice crisp cool hud lines blurry messes. everything else though is good.

I just hope the sales vs cost is enough that bamco will just keep the servers going for a good long while. because unfortunately if they decide to shut them down, it'll be like chromehounds, basically a worthless disc.

Edited by Tebbo

I feel MW Biped kneelers are viable as a diversionary tactic with the kneel weapon, gotta have a solid backup set and a spam weapon. Ironically I think Accursed hit the nail on the head though when he said the the Flash Rockets and my ability (or luck) to land them (and a token knee attack) allowed it all to work. I used a Laser Cannon/ rifle/flash rock/shotty/ straight H Howie.

Running some 1v1 mock battles with Accursed bore some interesting results. I'm able to maintain a degree of good mobility. Of course in a full team battle it's a different story, but I think it still can produce some focused feedback.

Loving those flash rockets. I must say Though I'm concerned that the flash rockets hitting a team mate would disable them?

Overall I think i made some progress tonight. definitely some interesting and unexpected results in some cases apart from getting my face smashed on Alpine base. Good stuff fellas.

Edited by Densuo

Loving those flash rockets. I must say Though I'm concerned that the flash rockets hitting a team mate would disable them?

Considering that things like gen/fcs/drive/recon jammers effect allies, my guess is that the flash rockets could blind an ally as well.

I'm always happy to render aid in testing new designs!

That being said, I must admit I was quite surprised from the results of the MW kneeler tests tonight. I honestly wasn't expecting much out of it, regardless of who used it, and instead I found it to be pretty useful. I think it'd shine the most in a team scenario, but there are so many designs and styles for which that statement can be used.

Nevertheless, it was really the flash rockets that made that particular design so potent. In terms of the testing for possible effect -vs- teammates, I'm inclined to say it like this:

We should probably test it to find out for certain, and it should be a very quick test, we'll just need myself, you, and one other teammate. However I'm inclined to automatically think yes - the flash rockets can and would disable a friendly FCS just like an enemy one.

Jammers don't differentiate between friend and foe, friendly-fire is on for all weapons in this game, so I'm banking that you could also accidentally hit an ally with FCS. That being said, just like with jammers, I'd be careful about use, or atleast let the teammates know what you're attempting so they don't go melee range on someone you're trying to flash-rocket for FCS disruption.

Anyway, great matches and good times as always!

Considering that things like gen/fcs/drive/recon jammers effect allies, my guess is that the flash rockets could blind an ally as well.

I'm always happy to render aid in testing new designs!

That being said, I must admit I was quite surprised from the results of the MW kneeler tests tonight. I honestly wasn't expecting much out of it, regardless of who used it, and instead I found it to be pretty useful. I think it'd shine the most in a team scenario, but there are so many designs and styles for which that statement can be used.

Nevertheless, it was really the flash rockets that made that particular design so potent. In terms of the testing for possible effect -vs- teammates, I'm inclined to say it like this:

We should probably test it to find out for certain, and it should be a very quick test, we'll just need myself, you, and one other teammate. However I'm inclined to automatically think yes - the flash rockets can and would disable a friendly FCS just like an enemy one.

Jammers don't differentiate between friend and foe, friendly-fire is on for all weapons in this game, so I'm banking that you could also accidentally hit an ally with FCS. That being said, just like with jammers, I'd be careful about use, or atleast let the teammates know what you're attempting so they don't go melee range on someone you're trying to flash-rocket for FCS disruption.

Anyway, great matches and good times as always!

Yeah. There goes that idea for a team setup to run jammers. Back to the drawing board on that one.

But hey, it's still a positive lots of stuff feels viable save for Large Missiles, Pistols and Railguns

EDIT: hmmmmmm we could speed up missile via Overed Boost in 4th gen.... There's inertia in this game so....

Edited by Densuo

Wait what, the reset did NOTHING aside "repairing" 10k+ territories for you to farm? People still have all the territories they had before, if you want to conquest a 10k one you still have to pray that humans are willing at this very moment to risk it and overall not a single other thing has changed, alongside 1.03 still being jp-only?

What kind of a Season 2 is this? Absolutely nothing was achieved, conquer is still absolutely nothing but looking at "Waiting // 3:00:00" and in the end, what is it now which forces us players to "come back"?

gg namco

Can't blame Namco for lack of player presence. The waiting thing isn't a problem with the servers, it's lack of population. No, blame Namco (and more importantly, Sony) for not UPDATING with the season change... seriously, not even 1.02?! This stinks of AC4/FA all over again.

Append: And now that I'm looking, I can see the angst over the 'new season'. They really didn't change anything. We still have our territories, our points, everything.

Edited by Cassandra

Sadly, with Bamco's horrendous support, I can see this game dying off in short order as players grow more and more frustrated. ACV uses a lot of new and interesting ideas that require a lot of effort and care in the execution of them, and considering Bamco's track record with caring for their consumer base and the treatment of their games themselves, they were the absolute wrong choice to make with publishing ACV.

Yeah. There goes that idea for a team setup to run jammers. Back to the drawing board on that

If you spam Jammers at choke points, such as the EN output or mobility ones, a sniper cannon user would love if some just stops because there EN won't recharge fast enough or they can't move out of the fast enough.

I'm curious to how well the recon jammer one works because if they work well a level with crap loads of buildings would be an ambushers dream.